forum

[duplicate] Link beatmap on spectator join to prevent "please /np" spam

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
zkf_old
Hey,

we all know that the "can somebody /np please" messages in populated spectator channels are sometimes just a little bit annoying. However, people want to spectate. So, here's my idea.

When a player joins a multiplayer lobby, they get a link to the match history from BanchoBot. Why not make it the same here? When somebody starts spectating (and they are not a supporter, as supporters download automatically), they recieve a link from BanchoBot in #spectator to the beatmap (which only they see).

I think this would be a nice little addition to keep spectator chat a bit cleaner.
- Marco -
^
Piine
You do understand if a user who was famous was being spectated, do you know this would be hectic right? Bancho would be spamming links everywhere
- Marco -

Sulker wrote:

You do understand if a user who was famous was being spectated, do you know this would be hectic right? Bancho would be spamming links everywhere
Well...just something that does on a client and not in #spectator
Bara-
Isb't this already the case?
When a supporter gets spectated, BanchoBot automatically sends a link of the map in common
Granger

baraatje123 wrote:

When a supporter gets spectated, BanchoBot automatically sends a link of the map in common
Only when the playing player starts a map, if a spectator joins later than that he wont recive a link.

Id like this to be added, or maybe even better, make that popup "You dont have the map" link to the beatmap page when clicked on.
xasuma
I think this would be good :

/np user
Gives me the song being played by user at any time
drum drum

xasuma wrote:

/np user
I would feel like my privacy has been invaded.

baraatje123 wrote:

Nope, it only happens when the player changes maps, mods, etc...
silmarilen

drum drum wrote:

xasuma wrote:

/np user
I would feel like my privacy has been invaded.
what.. how?
you can already see what map a person is playing in f9, all this does is link it to you so you can download it incase you are speccing that person
drum drum

silmarilen wrote:

what.. how?
you can already see what map a person is playing in f9, all this does is link it to you so you can download it incase you are speccing that person
Keep in mind /np isn't limited to only maps being played.
silmarilen
it is in this suggestion
xasuma

drum drum wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

what.. how?
Keep in mind /np isn't limited to only maps being played.
Keep in mind everyone can see what you are doing in game already. Play offline otherwise. I don't see the big deal.
Oinari-sama
Try t/144911.

The original suggestion there was too similar to the supporter feature so I made an alternative proposal back then, still would love to see that ;)
Kito_old_1
Hai Hai Im New At This.
Oinari-sama
Please do not needlessly bump a marked topic.