forum

High Speed Music Team Sharpnel - M.A.M.A.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Description
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/176446

Nice map, nice patterns, nice hitsounds but a doubtful ExTra... What's your opinion? Rankable or not rankable?

----------------------------

arcwinolivirus
Weeks passed but yet no one checks my map or the difficulty that is being the topic about here. I am hoping for a response because it is quite demotivating..
Oct 16 at 8:03 am

ExPew
i have no idea of this star difficult will give major PP if ranked. And the trill looks like 'officially overmap' probably. i think it's no good idea for that, i hope you consider with your 'ExTra' diffs especially on trills ( because only trill gives you 3 extra point star )

remember arcwin, we facing with official server, (not private) you can make overmap too, but you need to control overmap with quality charts to make it balance
Oct 16 at 9:24 am

Spy
Disagree anyway,I know it is a challenge to players.
But since AiAe,I often see 4K maps including X icon.
As a 4K mapper,it is too hard to make X icon in 4K even if high BPM.
And now they map for star rating,much overnote,not focus on music.
If this difficulty passed,someday,it is not surprised to see 4K with 10 stars up,so I think you may think twice.
It is not only just a map go to ranked,it will affect much mappers' mind on mapping.
Oct 16 at 9:36 am

arcwinolivirus
@expew I dont really see the 1/8th 2-noterbeat trills overmapped imo as its following 2-noter beats like the 1/4th before that trill pattern (actually its a good thing that its a trill pattern rather than a 2-noter random patterns which will surely contain alot of 1/8th jacks). And also, I do not think osu is a private server and I am always serious when I map a song.

@spy This is the problem in the mapping community, let ranked a cheezy-SHD-difficulty like that and most mapper will also do the same. But in my case, Its just the last part of MAMA that is being issued here and its even fc'ble not like other-chord-wtf-stream-patterns. I thought carefully about this and even posted a video as a proof that the trill can be fc'ble (in the description of the beatmap listing).

So in the end, I decided to change the pattern at the last part since I do not want arguements. No more trills that is lababled "overmapped" Now I hope its rankable. Please check and thank you.
Oct 17 at 5:29 am

Spy
@arcwinolivirus I'm not think about whether can be FC or not.
Like as 2006,before rank it,BATs didn't thought about that either.
The reason I disagree about it just because it is 4K.
4K can't put too full,we should learn how to put good patterns,and catch sounds well.
And you can see that,even no 7K put such full as 4K.
There is a 4K's star rating higher than all 7K's.
Also,before Intersect Thunderbolt-Remix's go to rank,it had same problem about such issue too.
I just point out my opinions.
I'm just one of QAT.
I think we should listen to PROGUY.
Also,before I say these,I checked the map already.
Oct 17 at 6:56 am

PROGUY
Ah, I recall a similar issue with the Intersect Thunderbolt set before. That one had a 180 BPM jack in two diffs within a single measure, while here we have two individual sections within the same diff (00:24:575 and 02:12:918) containing 175 BPM jacks but having a much longer duration (2nd one is like 4 measures long).

I do NOT see this as an issue since these seem rankable (the second one near the end is basically quick repeating stairs) but the question is that does anyone have that kind of stamina and endurance to pull them off after coming that far?

My suggestions? Either ask Staiain or any other 4k elitist for their views, or make other portions of the chart slightly harder (for better difficulty consistency, especially the kiai part), or do both.

I'll leave this entirely up to you. If you're not taking any action after this then that's fine, but I'll just say it's better to play safe by asking reliable players than being sorry in the future.

Edit: Minor corrections.
Oct 17 at 9:17 am

arcwinolivirus
@spy Did you already checked the newly updated pattern for the last part of Extra? its not trills-pattern anymore and that I can say more rankable as Sir Proguy stated there. But pretty much to say that the trills are easier to pull out than these quick repeating stairs. The previous trill pattern is organized and not random (just alternating hands), and also the current updated pattern is also organized and not messy. But I understand your opinion about the 4k and 7k thingy, Sir. Thank you~

@proguy Thank you Sir that you see it rankable. I believe there are players have that kind of stamina since this not as tiring as Aiae SHD and infact, not to be boast, but I can pass it every play with the previous trills pattern. But sure I will try to ask more Pro and ET 4k players for their views. Thank you Sir~!

I actually asked some 4k MWC players back then (Tidek, Falec, etc.) to play the Extra difficulty (with the trill pattern) and they said its actually good waiting to be ranked. I leave the decision to you all. And if there are more suggestions or fixes that need to be done, I am prepared to listen. Thank you again for the respond! :)
Oct 17 at 11:47 am

Spy
@arcwinolivirus Actually my opinions aren't about patterns already since I start to comment this card.
I check it before,and just double jack in the end,I know it is not hard,or what,but it gave me a feel about the diff is make for star rating/pp or what,not focus on music then.
Just because for example you can try single notes there,or change some patterns there.
No matter the map can be FC or not,long as not too over,I think I can agree to rank it.
6 stars in 4K is already too hard for players,even is 8 stars.
Gap is too big.
And you'll see only a few players who can play 4K well can play the diff,and some top Korea players can play it too.
And others never have chance to pass it.
From the previous to the present,it always the same.
In my opinion,SHD is already the limit for this song.
Oct 17 at 12:01 pm

arcwinolivirus
@spy I see I understand your point about the gap, and for the pp thingy but I just followed the music and note for the instruments (that I am sure the current last pattern now is rankable). Although I do not believe SHD is the limit since the kick-clap there is not 3-noters and mostly follow the melody at background (while ExTra follows that also but along with the percussion e.g hithats). The ExTra difficulty is no more 8 but only 6.77 stars now (6.83 in the listings and also updated the first part trill that I forgot to change, my bad). Now I hope the gap issue is solved now :3/
Oct 17 at 8:16 pm

Edit: Changed Subject field.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Few questions about the metadata myself here. Mainly the Artist field. Title can be confirmed easily on the scans below.

List of references:
http://www.sharpnel.com/artists/dj-sharpnel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Sharpnel
http://vgmdb.net/album/6717
Discogs

Scans from VGMDB: (can also be found on the discogs site)

I don't think using "Jea" is the optimal choice here.
Using: 高速音楽隊シャープネル / High Speed Music Team Sharpnel or simply DJ Sharpnel / DJ SHARPNEL?

According to the discogs link, which obviously isn't official. It was mastered by Jea but written by Jea/Lemmy (Makes up DJ Sharpnel as far as I know)

Still as High Speed Music Team is its own group on its own. I think it should be considerred the top priority for the artist.

Lemme know what you guys think.
arcwinolivirus
Here's our conversation with my friend that helped me in the metadata:

SPOILER
18:42 arcwinolivirus: Heyo Ishi :3/
18:49 arcwinolivirus: Since you afk, I'll just leave this forum topic here, I hope you can help me with it as I'm really clueless about the metadata of M.A.M.A. :v https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3499788
21:25 ishimaru94: ok, researching again
21:25 arcwinolivirus: Oh there :3/
21:25 arcwinolivirus: Okay, thanks >w<)/
21:26 arcwinolivirus: Will update if can, after this tournament (because its in the 4k Map pool dafonz)
21:28 ishimaru94: 2. Kim Hyo Jin (김효진), known by her stage name JeA (제아), born September 18, 1981, is the leader of the South Korean girl group Brown Eyed Girls. She released her solo debut mini-album, Just JeA, on January 4th, 2013.
21:28 ishimaru94: LOL
21:28 arcwinolivirus: WAT
21:28 arcwinolivirus: LOOOOOOOOOL HAHAH
21:29 ishimaru94: http://www.last.fm/music/Jea
21:30 ishimaru94: I personally think the artist is Jea
21:31 arcwinolivirus: I see, lol what's with the mania youtube link there LOL
21:31 ishimaru94: DJ Sharpnel is not a person though
21:31 ishimaru94: lol
21:31 ishimaru94: some guy just add the video perhaps
21:31 arcwinolivirus: True though. Hmmm :v
21:31 arcwinolivirus: I will post our conversation in the thread :3/
21:32 ishimaru94: kk
21:32 arcwinolivirus: Thank ya again :3/
21:32 ishimaru94: kk/
21:33 ishimaru94: http://www.last.fm/music/Jea/+images/85576037 use this image on your thread's description. LOL

Also some info from him in my thread:
t/209833 (post of Fullerene- and ishimaru94)

And..
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Hey arc. A few things I want to point out.

First off, never use last.fm as it makes tracks based on what the mp3 file's info has. So you could technically rename this to Jea - P.A.P.A. and it would show up on Jea's page on last.fm as that song.

Secondly, Discogs is no different from database sites like VGMDB, and we've lately not been accepting metadata info from them because of possible errors. Only official sites/scans should be used above all else.

Lastly, looking at MP3 data isn't much use either, as it can manually be edited by whoever uploaded the album from wherever you got the mp3 file.
'
So far the only official sources I've found is the scans as Sharpnel's site has nothing on information for this CD. This is mainly the reason I'm trying to get more metadata help on this.

Note that with Doujin artists/circles and stuff, it's definitely allowed to use the Circle name. So outing "DJ Sharpnel" like ishimaru was saying is incorrect.

In the end, I'm still sticking with 高速音楽隊シャープネル / High Speed Music Team Sharpnel unless someone can provide more information.
arcwinolivirus

Lanturn wrote:

Hey arc. A few things I want to point out.

First off, never use last.fm as it makes tracks based on what the mp3 file's info has. So you could technically rename this to Jea - P.A.P.A. and it would show up on Jea's page on last.fm as that song.

Secondly, Discogs is no different from database sites like VGMDB, and we've lately not been accepting metadata info from them because of possible errors. Only official sites/scans should be used above all else.

Lastly, looking at MP3 data isn't much use either, as it can manually be edited by whoever uploaded the album from wherever you got the mp3 file.
'
So far the only official sources I've found is the scans as Sharpnel's site has nothing on information for this CD. This is mainly the reason I'm trying to get more metadata help on this.

Note that with Doujin artists/circles and stuff, it's definitely allowed to use the Circle name. So outing "DJ Sharpnel" like ishimaru was saying is incorrect.

In the end, I'm still sticking with 高速音楽隊シャープネル / High Speed Music Team Sharpnel unless someone can provide more information.
Thank you so much for the pointers you gave for my map's metadata, I will keep that in mind. Also, I already talked with ishimaru again and we agreed that it is proper to use what you have said and point out with evidences. Instead of DJ Sharpnel, I decided to use the 高速音楽隊シャープネル / High Speed Music Team Sharpnel since it is what in the album/cd said.

The map is now updated with the proper metadata. Thank you again, Sir Lanturn :oops:
IamKwaN
Ranked.