forum

AR10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miuyarai
This question may get asked a lot, and I understand because I see it a lot, however I seem to have the same problem.
I can play AR9 perfectly, even anywhere from AR9 to AR9.5, but as soon as it goes above that and nears AR10, I can't play it. I don't know what it is, but does anyone have any tips or specifics to give me to help me advance towards being able to play AR10 comfortably? I understand I've only been playing Osu! for a few months, but I don't want to let anything hold me back, because I know what I can play, and I want to be able to play AR10 comfortably.

Thanks in advance. ;)
B1rd
learn the basics first. learn AR10 when you're like 3K at least
Topic Starter
Miuyarai

B1rd wrote:

I hear this a lot, but like I said, I don't want to let anything hold me back. I already know all there is to know about the game, I've looked around numerous times for threads congruent to this one but most of the time this is what is said. I know what I can and can't play, and I want to learn to play AR10, but I just don't know how.

Thanks for the feedback however. ;)

EDIT: I've seen people around 15k-30k who can play AR10.
silmarilen

Nanodermic wrote:

B1rd wrote:

I hear this a lot, but like I said, I don't want to let anything hold me back. I already know all there is to know about the game, I've looked around numerous times for threads congruent to this one but most of the time this is what is said. I know what I can and can't play, and I want to learn to play AR10, but I just don't know how.

Thanks for the feedback however. ;)

EDIT: I've seen people around 15k-30k who can play AR10.
going for ar10 before you learn the basics will only hold you back in the long run.
also those people cant play ar10, they are just bragging about mashing buttons and passing a map.
Topic Starter
Miuyarai

silmarilen wrote:

going for ar10 before you learn the basics will only hold you back in the long run.
also those people cant play ar10, they are just bragging about mashing buttons and passing a map.
I know the basics, as I stated above. I can play AR9-AR9.5 perfectly fine, but when it gets to AR9.6+, I begin to struggle, and I just wanted some help on overcoming this.
cheezstik
There is a big difference between being able to play AR10, and being able to read it. I could get AR9.8 FC's at an early rank by just reacting to the circles, but even now I can't completely read AR9.8. Like the others said, you will have little use for AR10 for a long time unless you plan on playing HR primarily, which I don't see you doing with your relatively low overall accuracy, unless you want to improve that as well, which would come before learning AR10.

Anyway, if you still insist on learning AR10, the only thing you can really do is play more AR10. I randomly tried AR9.6 one day and I could magically read it just fine after not much getting used to it, but with AR10, even after ages of trying to practice it, I still can't read it completely. You just have to let your eyes get used to it. If you can't play with the HP drain / high OD of HR, then just edit the AR.

Something you can do to counter-act forgetting low AR's is playing a wide range of AR songs, 8-10, and I like to even play insanes on EZ every now and then just to keep my reading trained at all levels.
E m i
well, obviously practice
ar8 + dt = ar9.67
ar7 + hr = ar9.8
ar10 = ar10
maybe do it in that order, maybe go back to ar8-9 sometimes, maybe play more.
you don't need to practice high AR's a lot specifically. Playing more, getting more used to this game, and all this sheet will be useful, too.
B1rd
no offense, but your aim, reading and streaming is shit. you haven't learned the basics yet. If you did you would be easily FCing insanes. There is literally no advantage to learning AR10 at your level, and your AR9 reading, which is way more important, will suffer. and you know, thelewa, who is the best HR player, didn't learn AR10 until he was in the top 10 I believe.

Anyway this advice is assuming you actually want to be a good player at this game. learn AR10 if you want to.
nya10
AR 10 is really overrated that everyone like want to learn it at early rank. They think they would be proud of reading high AR.
Anyway, just practice k
Topic Starter
Miuyarai
I went out for a while and came back, and I was glad to see so much good advice. Thanks! :)

B1rd wrote:

no offense, but your aim, reading and streaming is shit. you haven't learned the basics yet. If you did you would be easily FCing insanes. There is literally no advantage to learning AR10 at your level, and your AR9 reading, which is way more important, will suffer. and you know, thelewa, who is the best HR player, didn't learn AR10 until he was in the top 10 I believe.

Anyway this advice is assuming you actually want to be a good player at this game. learn AR10 if you want to.
Thanks for the advice. Also, learning AR10 is not detrimental in any way. I don't see how you came to this conclusion, but having the ability to consistently play and read AR10 is a complete benefit, and I can play and read AR9 fine. I don't care about accuracy, that is something you get used to. The fact that you are saying that my aim, reading and streaming is all shit is literally you saying "you're shit at this game", because those three things make up the game. I'm talking about reading and playing AR10 here, and tips on being able to do so. I'm not the one for you to be insulting and giving me advice in that way. (Side note: saying "no offense" doesn't make a difference, but I understand you either way. My accuracy has never been the best, but that doesn't stop me from being able to play and read stuff.)

B1rd wrote:

:shock:

I'm going back to this one after your 2nd post, because this is complete crap. You're giving me advice on AR10, you play some AR10, you're calling me 'shit' and telling me to do AR10 when I'm at least 3k rank, and you're not even under 10k. You're being hypocritical and not helping me in any way with some of your statements.

Rank does NOT equal skill.

[ Momiji ] wrote:

well, obviously practice
ar8 + dt = ar9.67
ar7 + hr = ar9.8
ar10 = ar10
maybe do it in that order, maybe go back to ar8-9 sometimes, maybe play more.
you don't need to practice high AR's a lot specifically. Playing more, getting more used to this game, and all this sheet will be useful, too.
Thanks for the advice! I'll give this a try. ;)

cheezstik wrote:

There is a big difference between being able to play AR10, and being able to read it. I could get AR9.8 FC's at an early rank by just reacting to the circles, but even now I can't completely read AR9.8. Like the others said, you will have little use for AR10 for a long time unless you plan on playing HR primarily, which I don't see you doing with your relatively low overall accuracy, unless you want to improve that as well, which would come before learning AR10.

Anyway, if you still insist on learning AR10, the only thing you can really do is play more AR10. I randomly tried AR9.6 one day and I could magically read it just fine after not much getting used to it, but with AR10, even after ages of trying to practice it, I still can't read it completely. You just have to let your eyes get used to it. If you can't play with the HP drain / high OD of HR, then just edit the AR.

Something you can do to counter-act forgetting low AR's is playing a wide range of AR songs, 8-10, and I like to even play insanes on EZ every now and then just to keep my reading trained at all levels.
Thanks for all of the advice and information! I'm going to attempt to use some of the techniques you use, and see if they work out for me. Thanks, once again. :)

nya10 wrote:

AR 10 is really overrated that everyone like want to learn it at early rank. They think they would be proud of reading high AR.
Anyway, just practice k
I wouldn't necessarily say it's overrated as much as it is thought of as necessary. Although, yes, it's not necessary, I want to keep playing this game and I think it'd be a nice way to learn. Thanks either way. ;)

Thanks for all of the good advice everyone! <3

I'll leave anyone who reads this with one last statement.
I don't want anything to hold me back, and I can make my own decisions. All I want is good advice on AR10 related subjects. Thanks in advance. ;)
Noobsicle
you can try taking an existing map, save as new difficulty, rename to insane ar10 or something and change the ar to 10 through the editor

please for the love of jebus do not stick to playing some nightcore ar10 "jump" map over and over again for the rest of your osu! career and brag that you can easily read ar10
cheezstik

Nanodermic wrote:

Also, learning AR10 is not detrimental in any way. I don't see how you came to this conclusion, but having the ability to consistently play and read AR10 is a complete benefit, and I can play and read AR9 fine.
If you get too used to high AR, you may get really bad at low AR, which is why I said to make sure to mix up the AR a bit and to not just play high AR. There are many cases of people having to re-learn AR8-9 after only playing AR9.6+.
B1rd

Nanodermic wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Also, learning AR10 is not detrimental in any way. I don't see how you came to this conclusion, but having the ability to consistently play and read AR10 is a complete benefit, and I can play and read AR9 fine. I don't care about accuracy, that is something you get used to. The fact that you are saying that my aim, reading and streaming is all shit is literally you saying "yo :? u're shit at this game", because those three things make up the game. I'm talking about reading and playing AR10 here, and tips on being able to do so. I'm not the one for you to be insulting and giving me advice in that way. (Side note: saying "no offense" doesn't make a difference, but I understand you either way. My accuracy has never been the best, but that doesn't stop me from being able to play and read stuff.)

B1rd wrote:

:shock:

I'm going back to this one after your 2nd post, because this is complete crap. You're giving me advice on AR10, you play some AR10, you're calling me 'shit' and telling me to do AR10 when I'm at least 3k rank, and you're not even under 10k. You're being hypocritical and not helping me in any way with some of your statements.

Rank does NOT equal skill.
I'm calling you shit because you are. So am I. It's called constructive criticism. Rather than telling you how to read AR10 (play it) I'm trying to help you because I think it is a shit idea.
Yes AR10 reading is detrimental, because it takes focus away from AR9 reading which is more important.
I'm not hypocritical, you have no way of knowing if I play AR10. I play it occasionally, for fun mostly, but I don't spend any significant amount of time training to read it when it because I have much more important things I need to work on. That's the defining difference.

yeah I think sometimes people misinterpret the intention of my posts because I don't sugar-coat my words.
Topic Starter
Miuyarai

cheezstik wrote:

Nanodermic wrote:

Also, learning AR10 is not detrimental in any way. I don't see how you came to this conclusion, but having the ability to consistently play and read AR10 is a complete benefit, and I can play and read AR9 fine.
If you get too used to high AR, you may get really bad at low AR, which is why I said to make sure to mix up the AR a bit and to not just play high AR. There are many cases of people having to re-learn AR8-9 after only playing AR9.6+.
I didn't mean it was detrimental in that way, I understand what you mean (even the highly ranked players vary the ARs of maps they play) but I meant it wasn't detrimental such as you wouldn't want to learn it. Sorry, my bad, I worded that the wrong way. Thanks anyways. ;)
nya10

cheezstik wrote:

Nanodermic wrote:

Yes that's what I mean, IF YOU STILL INTEND to play AR10, my suggestion is mix them with low AR playing, so at the end, you won't be one of I have seen that can't read EVEN AR 9.6 anymore. That's why I don't think AR 10 is suitable for you now.
Topic Starter
Miuyarai

nya10 wrote:

Yes that's what I mean, IF YOU STILL INTEND to play AR10, my suggestion is mix them with low AR playing, so at the end, you won't be one of I have seen that can't read EVEN AR 9.6 anymore. That's why I don't think AR 10 is suitable for you now.
Fair enough. Thanks. :)
Although, by the way, one might argue that B1rd was saying the same thing, he wasn't putting it across the right way. Thanks for not using any insulting fashion and using base information. ;)
Zare
I'm rank 2k and can't read AR10 properly
There's absolutely ZERO benefit from trying to learn AR10 at your level
You need AR10 for exactly two things:

HR on Insanes (including OD10 and HP~9 and CS5)
AR10 Nomod maps (which tend to be around 6 stars at the least)

None of this is in any way near your skill level, you would just be wasting your time if you tried to force AR10
rank 3k~2k is actually a pretty good point to start caring about AR10

Now the above only applies if you're serious about improving and skill. if you just want to derp around and have fun with high AR, just play it, no one will judge you. Edit maps to whatever AR you want or play ridiculous NoFail maps
gregest
I learned AR10 with HD,I just played it with HD,and I can read it
B1rd

Zare wrote:

no one will judge you
well...
Topic Starter
Miuyarai

B1rd wrote:

I'm calling you shit because you are. It's called constructive criticism.
I'm done.

Also, I don't think people misinterpret what you say.

13 days ago
SILENCE
1 hour(s) Inappropriate conduct on the forums
show more