forum

Follow point displaying direction twice?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xayne
Ok so I'm trying to customize a certain skin I have and for some reason the follow point displays the direction to go twice. It jumps to the next circle, goes away, then displays it again often times by that point the jump will have already been made leaving just a random white line on my map serving no purpose other than to clutter up my vision. I don't see anything in skin.ini that would have any effect on it. I switched to another skin and it the follow point only jumps once, as it should. So it's a skin specific thing. What's the setting or file I need to adjust to get it to just display once?
WOLVZ_
Had the same issue when creating my own skin, the issue lies under "AnimationFramerate:" in the skin.ini file. If you put // before it (making it a comment in the code) then that fixed it for me. Depending on the skin, you may want to set it to 20, 60, or even 0. I couldn't find the solution anywhere else so I'm sharing my knowledge for any future skin makers. :)

(despite being 6 years late...)
CCr

WOLVZ_ wrote:

Had the same issue when creating my own skin, the issue lies under "AnimationFramerate:" in the skin.ini file. If you put // before it (making it a comment in the code) then that fixed it for me. Depending on the skin, you may want to set it to 20, 60, or even 0. I couldn't find the solution anywhere else so I'm sharing my knowledge for any future skin makers. :)

(despite being 6 years late...)
Or you can just try extending the animation for longer. A common animation framerate used in skins is 60 so I'm guessing thats what is written in the skin.ini file.

This is what my skin folder looks like

I have 43 total images with
0-24 being blank
25-33 being active
34-43 bring blank

If you are seeing the animation again you need more images. This is because osu! is repeating the animation from the beginning too soon so you need to slow it down by adding extra frames.