forum

Osu! with 144fps or 288fps lock for 144hz screens

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Charly
I notice that there is only a 60fps, 120fps and 240 fps lock which I think is too said, because for 144Hz screen users (like me) these are not optimal smoothment then.
So I think there could be an update to lock the fps at 144fps or 288fps.

I dont have much idea off all these fps and Hz thinngs but I only know that it will get even more smoother if you have the same amount of fps like Hz's
MillhioreF
You are already able to set custom frame limiters and refresh rates in the osu.username.cfg file.
TakuMii
Yep, as MillhioreF has said, it's already possible with the use of custom frame limiters.
xasuma

MillhioreF wrote:

You are already able to set custom frame limiters and refresh rates in the osu.username.cfg file.
You saved me some time, thank you.
B1rd
yeah, just remember you have to set the custom refresh rate in the cfg file as well as changing the fps limiter, otherwise osu! won't be playing at 144hz.
Kert

B1rd wrote:

yeah, just remember you have to set the custom refresh rate in the cfg file as well as changing the fps limiter, otherwise osu! won't be playing at 144hz.
That's true only for fullscreen
Just sayin
Topic Starter
Charly
I have no idea how to costumzie it. I downloaded notepad and tried to costum the fps but it didnt worked
iMP3RiU5
Just open the osu!.<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME HERE>.cfg (which would be in my case osu!.tim.cfg) in your osu folder with any text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text), search for the line "CustomFrameLimit = 240" , and edit the 240 to your desired value :)

Einfach die osu!.<DEIN WINDOWS BENUTZERNAME>.cfg (in meinem Fall osu!.tim.cfg) aus deinem osu! Ordner mit einem beliebigen Text Editor (Dem standard Editor, Notepad++ oder Sublime Text) öffnen, dann die Zeile "CustomFrameLimit = 240" suchen und die 240 durch deinen gewünschten Wert ersetzen :)
Topic Starter
Charly

iMP3RiU5 wrote:

Just open the osu!.<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME HERE>.cfg (which would be in my case osu!.tim.cfg) in your osu folder with any text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text), search for the line "CustomFrameLimit = 240" , and edit the 240 to your desired value :)

Einfach die osu!.<DEIN WINDOWS BENUTZERNAME>.cfg (in meinem Fall osu!.tim.cfg) aus deinem osu! Ordner mit einem beliebigen Text Editor (Dem standard Editor, Notepad++ oder Sublime Text) öffnen, dann die Zeile "CustomFrameLimit = 240" suchen und die 240 durch deinen gewünschten Wert ersetzen :)
Ja ok Alles klar dankeschön IMPERIUS :D