posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyouren
Gratzz~
Gamu
Really amazing 8-)
Chewin
01:58:722 (1) - Is this kind of slider rankable now?

CHEWIN STARTS OVERMAPPING THIS KIND OF SLIDERS I PERSONALLY LOVE ♥♥♥

EDIT: 01:35:038 (5,1) - omgomg wat xD ♥
Secretpipe
wow
Veemon
congratz !!
Vone
Wow, good job!
[ Mephisto ]
unrank pls
Len
Hentai
hehe
lol
Gero
Makyu
And then If I try to map something like this I will get a permaban

gz charles =D
randomizer89
unrank pls:

and add ez/normal/hard...
Myxo

randomizer89 wrote:

unrank pls:

Most of the ranking criteria didn't apply for this contest o:
BeatofIke
randomizer89

Desperate-kun wrote:

randomizer89 wrote:

unrank pls:

Most of the ranking criteria didn't apply for this contest o:
I'm think other rules not so strong for extra diffs, but this one is special rule.
P.S. contest ended 3 monts ago, if you want rank it - why not add 3-4 ez diffs to mapset?
KrolEjegow
Too much wow ;w;
Lavender
My God
Nozhomi
Holy crap !

GJ
White Wolf_old_1
Kaguya Hourain

Gero wrote:

Fullerene-
Glorious
KRZY
What's a gimmick map? Can we have some more context?
Stefan

randomizer89 wrote:

I'm think other rules not so strong for extra diffs, but this one is special rule.
P.S. contest ended 3 monts ago, if you want rank it - why not add 3-4 ez diffs to mapset?
I highly suggest reading this and to re-think about this.
Loctav

KRZY wrote:

What's a gimmick map? Can we have some more context?
MBC#6
Arrival
Losing my faith in mapping more and more...

This is clearly, obviously, undeniably, NOT FOR RANKING. Or well, you could rank Blue Dragon's BIG MONEY BIG PRICES or all the CRN AR10 at this point.

I understand that for the need of the mapping contest everyone has made something special, and the map in itself is not "bad", but you CAN'T make an objective rank on it. Seriously, why do you want to rank something like this ? Just put it on spotlight or something... This makes no sense at all.
silmarilen
that's what i said, and then i got laughed at in the face

welcome to 2014, where you can throw away the ranking criteria
Deif
Simply awesome :)
Nwolf
You know that this is approval and not rank right
Arrival

Nwolf wrote:

I really hope this is sarcasm.
Lust
Congratulations! Well deserved.
Irreversible

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

inb4 peppy's flame
Leader

Arrival wrote:

Losing my faith in mapping more and more...

This is clearly, obviously, undeniably, NOT FOR RANKING. Or well, you could rank Blue Dragon's BIG MONEY BIG PRICES or all the CRN AR10 at this point.

I understand that for the need of the mapping contest everyone has made something special, and the map in itself is not "bad", but you CAN'T make an objective rank on it. Seriously, why do you want to rank something like this ? Just put it on spotlight or something... This makes no sense at all.
It's not like a "weird" map out of 1000 thousand maps really makes a difference. This is both special and playable, so why not?
Topic Starter
Charles445
Posted some crap on disqus but uhh, going to mirror the same idea here.

If you don't like this sort of thing, that is totally understandable, this sort of map is not made with the player in mind 100%, due to the nature of the contest it came from.
If you find yourself hating the set, please feel free to vote it low!

Oh also I'm not changing my mapping style to be like this map. This is a one time thing for the contest. Later maps won't be this ridiculously stupid.
I haven't completely snapped yet, hahaha

As for it being approved or not and whether that's damaging to the game, it's important to note that this map doesn't give any PP at all. Like, hardly any considering how difficult the map is to high accuracy and FC.
Because of this low PP give-out, there's very little reason for a pro-player to use the map to farm PP.

This means that players who hate this bullshit don't have to play it to stay competitive, which is always good. It's never fun to force people to play a mapset, and this map is designed to be ignored by those who simply don't like this sort of thing.

I hope that clears some things up, after the initial buzz it'll fade into gimmick-town with the other weird-ass maps that nobody is forced to play (like Miss You).
Kibbleru
Featuring: "Those hates these"

wait i thought this cant get ranked????
Arrival

Leader wrote:

It's not like a "weird" map out of 1000 thousand maps really makes a difference. This is both special and playable, so why not?
If all "special and playable" maps should be ranked, I think the game would be kinda apocalyptic right ?

An APPROVED map shouldn't be just "playable", It should be GOOD, to get approved. I mean it's just one difficulty. This map is playable, yes, but it's not GOOD, sorry. (Or well, if so we should change something in the ranking system).

I just don't understand why, just because it's the Beatmapping contest, this map should be approved. And the pp-gain is, imo, not an excuse. Then let's rank all the """""special"""" maps no ?

I'm not against spotlight this map, but definetly not putting it in a rank system.

PS : I'm not hating the map, I just think it's unfair for other players who make.... "stuff" like this but get spit on because they are unknown or whatever.
Myxo

Arrival wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

I really hope this is sarcasm.
It probably isn't, since Approval is made for crazy maps like this.

Arrival wrote:

Leader wrote:

If all "special and playable" maps should be ranked, I think the game would be kinda apocalyptic right ?

An APPROVED map shouldn't be just "playable", It should be GOOD, to get approved. I mean it's just one difficulty. This map is playable, yes, but it's not GOOD, sorry. (Or well, if so we should change something in the ranking system).

I just don't understand why, just because it's the Beatmapping contest, this map should be approved. And the pp-gain is, imo, not an excuse. Then let's rank all the """""special"""" maps no ?

I'm not against spotlight this map, but definetly not putting it in a rank system.

PS : I'm not hating the map, I just think it's unfair for other players who make.... "stuff" like this but get spit on because they are unknown or whatever.
I don't see what's unfair about this - First of all, if some map from an unknown mapper had won, it would be ranked now instead. Secondly, it's not unfair that this can get ranked while other similar maps can't, since it is a reward for winning the contest.
Sakura
There's already a disclaimer in the creator's words you know
randomizer89

Arrival wrote:

This map is playable, yes, but it's not GOOD, sorry.
This map good, but break rule about only 5+ minutes approved maps (2014 rule) is bad for system.
Stefan

randomizer89 wrote:

This map good, but break rule about only 5+ minutes approved maps (2014 rule) is bad for system.

Stefan wrote:

randomizer89

Stefan wrote:

randomizer89 wrote:

Stefan wrote:

i'm re reading this - and this is no reason to rank this map, change rule about 5 minutes, and rank after, if you break rule -> rules == s**t.
show more