forum

I need help with a very small problem!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
koreangosu_old
Hello. I downloaded osu! a little while ago, and I played it religiously. I wasn't a fan of the JPop songs... so I made a thread asking for some songs I may like and I got a couple of songs I really enjoyed! So basically, I moved up to Normal difficulty on them eventually, and after I beat those... I went to Hard. It was miles above where I was in terms of difficulty. So I went back to Normal, got perfect scores on about 6 songs... (not perfect 100% accuracy, but just perfects :3). And then I went back to try Hard... I was closer... but it was still miles above me. I hit a brick wall. So basically I stopped playing. Recently I started up osu! again, and tried Hard again. To my surprise.... I was playing better.

Lol just thought I should list my back story before I told you my problem.

So anyway, I tried Wiklund - Whip the Blip (Beatmap by Ultimate) on Hard first.... but it was just too difficult. So then I moved on to Wiklund - Wing Beats (Beatmap by v0xtrot) on Hard. I can get pretty far... about halfway through.. still trying though! But what bothers me is I CANNOT get this one part at the very beginning right. At the very beginning, you start out with 2 clicks, then a roller, then a couple more clicks then a 2nd roller. RIGHT AFTER that 2nd roller, there are 3 (I think?) clicks that go obnoxiously fast. And I for the life of me CANNOT get them. If anyone has any advice... please tell me! And any advice for progressing into a Harder difficulty that I may value.
Lybydose
If you didn't already know, you can also click with the right mouse button. So in that case you could quickly do left/right/left.

Alternatively, you could use the keyboard. Z = left click and X = right click. Some people find it easier to hit notes using only the keyboard. I personally use a combination of everything, and switch between left click, right click, and z/x for different patterns.
Topic Starter
koreangosu_old

Lybydose wrote:

If you didn't already know, you can also click with the right mouse button. So in that case you could quickly do left/right/left.
I actually just realized for myself and came to post that I figured it out.... gonna take a while to get used to. But thanks!

And..... keyboard to click while moving with mouse?!?! How do some people do it T____________T

Edit: Actually I just tried the keyboard.. I do fairly well. The rollers just really mess with my head.. but the fast clicks are pretty easy with it... close to being even better after no practice with it!
storm704
You actually need to use the keyboard once you get into the higher difficulties. It is nearly impossible to click every single notes just with the mouse.
Also if you are having trouble because you think the notes come too fast, than try playing in double time for a little while than switch back to regular. That way you can get used to the high speed and you can naturally play. Well that's what i did anyways.
Topic Starter
koreangosu_old
GAHHH got to like 75% done on Wing Beats on Hard and then I messed up... the freaking spinner threw me off my game!

-____________________-

storm704 wrote:

You actually need to use the keyboard once you get into the higher difficulties. It is nearly impossible to click every single notes just with the mouse.
Really? It gets that fast? Lol..... "How can we make this harder guys... how about we make it where they need 3 hands?"

storm704 wrote:

Also if you are having trouble because you think the notes come too fast, than try playing in double time for a little while than switch back to regular. That way you can get used to the high speed and you can naturally play. Well that's what i did anyways.
Ummm, I might try that when I move on to Whip the Blip on Hard.. it seems to be even faster than Wing Beats. But for now... I think I am far enough on Wing Beats to just play it straight up.

Thanks for the advice! Anything else would be greatly appreciated!
DeletedUser_151115
a
Starrodkirby86
Z/X may be helpful, but you can just be as great a player using the mouse as well. You'll probably need to have good grip while clicking with those though (Which you can train up as more plays go :D )

For your case, when I was a weak player, the songs I grew off of were really ones I knew well. That way, I know the rhythm and BPM already, so all I really need to do is find out all the good ol' spacing and get my cursor over there. Something like that, orz.
bmin11
Just a reminder, about half of [Hard]s are nearly the same difficulty as [Insane]s, so you may want to try out 3.5 stars ~ 4.0 stars. You can get a list of Songs between those difficulty by using your option on your top right of your song selection screen (sort by Difficulty - 3 ~ 4 Stars)

And these are English Songs

Enjoy playing osu! :D
Topic Starter
koreangosu_old

bmin11 wrote:

Just a reminder, about half of [Hard]s are nearly the same difficulty as [Insane]s, so you may want to try out 3.5 stars ~ 4.0 stars. You can get a list of Songs between those difficulty by using your option on your top right of your song selection screen (sort by Difficulty - 3 ~ 4 Stars)

And these are English Songs

Enjoy playing osu! :D
Thanks for the link... but it doesn't exactly pertain to what I like : [

It kinda made me mad lol, I don't really patrol these forums that often, but there is this thread to vote what kind of songs you play, and it is like Anime, Touhou, Anime and Touhou, and all sorts of other detail about Anime and Touhou, and then the other section is just English. Made me do -.- face IRL : [

But it is fairly easy to accept that most people who play osu! play Anime/Touhou related songs. Anyhow, I like anything that is Techno really. Any good techno I am into. And metal, I guess, but I haven't found any I like so far.

Another problem I'm having is the replay system. I really want to show you guys where I'm stuck visually because it is so hard to explain with words. But basically I'm stuck and I can't get past it. I am stuck around 85% into the song and it is like impossible to practice because I have to get there, then I barely have time to analyze the order before I lose -.-

Really hard for me because I can't record a replay unless I beat the song, I guess? So I can't really watch the replay in slow motion and see what to do.
0_o

koreangosu wrote:

Really hard for me because I can't record a replay unless I beat the song, I guess? So I can't really watch the replay in slow motion and see what to do.
Play with NoFail?
Topic Starter
koreangosu_old

0_o wrote:

koreangosu wrote:

Play with NoFail?
Oh I didn't see that mod ~_~~~~

Edit: Finally finished it! thanks to looking at it with No Fail first! Thanks a ton for the advice!

Whip the Blip... you are next.
DeletedUser_151115
a
Sup A Noob
But at least you get to play the whole song without failing and having to restart.
anonymous_old

Davidz123 wrote:

0_o wrote:

Play with NoFail?
Also, No fail mod decreases your score multiplier by 0.50x so your score multiplier is 0.50x.
No it doesn't.

It multiplies it by 0.50x.