forum

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

posted
Total Posts

Which version(s) are you/will you be getting? (Re-voting allowed)

Omega Ruby
34.62%
Alpha Sapphire
41.67%
Both
17.31%
I'm gonna wait for a later version that adds more
6.41%
Total votes: 156
show more
deadbeat
yeah, i just saw the video announcing that. not sure how i feel about it
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Though this also pertains to X/Y, I figured I'd post it only here: Hoopa is finally coming out... at least in Japan.

EDIT: The Dragonite distribution in the US (or is it North America in general?) is now live.
PrinceArua
I've beated all gyms but I've put the game on hold since I somehow managed to play through all of the gyms with only 4 pokemons and I think most of those four are under-leveled for elite 4 and alglakengf
Navizel
Try leveling it up to level 60. It shouldn't be that hard seeing how exp share works. There's also the blissey bases if you know what I'm talking about.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
A shame you can't make ALL the Bases filled with Blissey, but either way... Quick leveling to 100 in like an hour or two depending on conditions (Lucky Egg, EXP Point O-Power level, access to Level Release machine, Pokémon-Amie affection, and if the Pokémon belong to someone else).
Ekaru

PrinceArua wrote:

I've beated all gyms but I've put the game on hold since I somehow managed to play through all of the gyms with only 4 pokemons and I think most of those four are under-leveled for elite 4 and alglakengf
There are a ton of level 50 legendaries you can catch now so I recommend trying to get some of those. Also, the late 40's are sufficient to beat the E4 if you have at least a vague idea of what you are doing.
Navizel
For those of you in North America, it has been announced that, for a short period between July 24th 2015 and July 27th 2015, you'll be able to receive the Mythical Pokémon Diancie to you Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games through the internet via the Nintendo Network.
I wish it's Hoopa instead
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I don't mind, honestly. Some people were complaining about not being able to get her (SHUSH, SHE WAS REFERRED TO AS A PRINCESS DESPITE NOT HAVING A GENDER) the first time around (probably because it involved getting code cards).

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

The Summer Campaign sale has for the PokéMileage Shop on the Global Link has begun. This campaign runs until August 4th. During this, every item redeemable in the PokéMileage Shop will be obtainable for 50% of the standard PokéMiles, for example a Heart Scale will cost 50 PokéMiles rather than the usual 100. In addition to this, for the duration of the campaign, you'll be able to purchase the rare Ability Capsule item. This item allows for you to change the ability of your Pokémon if the species has 2 standard abilities. It will cost 5000 PokéMiles. Also during this, it will cost 50% of the price to enter an attraction. Spend them while you can!
The above (not the Diancie part) also applies to X/Y, if that wasn't obvious already.

EDIT 2:

Serebii wrote:

For those of you who are attending Gamescom in Germany from August 5th to August 9th, several new Serial Code events have been announced. At Gamescom, you will receive a code card that gives you access to 2 Pokémon. These Pokémon are selected by Game Freak Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto, competitive ready and are the following: Aromatisse with Trick Room, Heal Pulse, Disable, and Moonblast while holding the Babiri Berry and the ability Aroma Veil; Malamar with Superpower, Knock Off, Facade, and a move listed that translates to Rock Slide but isn't the official name, the item Assault Vest, and the ability Contrary; Sableye with the moves Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and Shadow Ball with the item Sablenite and the ability Prankster; and Bouffalant with the moves Head Charge, Facade, Earthquake and a move listed that translates to Rock Slide but isn't the official name, the Choice Band item, and the ability Soundproof.
This one doesn't apply to X/Y.
La Volpe
Well i'm glad I checked this thread almost missed Diancie distribution. Thanks guys. :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Concerning all of Gen 6 (though posting only here since the X/Y thread is pretty much dead):

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon - Global Link

The Pokémon Global Link has put out an update regarding stricter hack checks that are to come to the game. If you have been caught with a modified save file or modified Pokémon, then you will be unable to participate in Rating Battles or in Battle Competitions. If you are caught having done this multiple times, you are to be hit with stronger consequences beyond blocking from Rating Battles, which have not been detailed, without any warning. Those who have already been confirmed to have done this will have consequences enacted soon. This follows recent instances of save data loss for innocent players after they have encounter certain people with modified data.
Navizel
Does modified pokemon include cloned? Afaik most competitive players with legendary have cloned pokemon.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Heck if I know. That's not even the full details.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

It has been announced that EB Games in Australia and New Zealand is to give away Serial Codes for the Shiny Rayquaza. This Rayquaza is a bit different to the Japanese one and comes at Level 70 with the moves Dragon Dance, Dragon Ascent, Dragon Claw, Extreme Speed and holds the Dragon Fang. It is available from today until August 31st so get iut while you can. No details have been given for outside of Australia.
deadbeat

Serebii wrote:

It has been announced that EB Games in Australia and New Zealand is to give away Serial Codes for the Shiny Rayquaza.

Serebii wrote:

No details have been given for outside of Australia.
i sense some contradiction here. anyway, guess i know what i'm doing after work
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

i sense some contradiction here.
Heck if I know why Serebii did that... lol.
Green Platinum
I need to get back into gen 3/4 competitive for the battle frontier. Megas just ruined team building for me
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon - Shiny Rayquaza

For those of you in North America, the Shiny Rayquaza event has randomly begun over the Nintendo Network. This Shiny Rayquaza is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Receive Via Internet only on Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games and matches the one that started in Australia through Serial Code earlier this week. Currently no end date is known.
Navizel
keep it or nah? It's a Careful nature Diancie 31/30/31/31/30/31 IVs

Edit: already tossed it
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in Europe, the Hoopa distribution has been announced. This distribution will run in GAME stores in the UK from October 23rd to November 5th, Gamestop stores in Germany from October 16th 2015 to November 7th 2015. French and Spanish dates are forth coming, as are North American dates. It is obtained via Serial Code and will be available to all X, Y, Omega Ruby, & Alpha Sapphire games.

Edit @ 13:26: Following the reveal of a mysterious event on Wednesday, it has now been confirmed by Nintendo Benelux that Hoopa is to be distributed at the First Look Festival in the Netherlands this weekend on October 10th and 11th.

Edit @ 15:10: A US press release has confirmed that Hoopa will be distributed in North America later this year.
I know people in Japan already got this, but for the rest of us, it's about damn time >_>
deadbeat
AU/NZ please ;~;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
More like the rest of the world in general...

EDIT: Here's some more news:

Serebii wrote:

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some details about distributions to coincide with the Pokémon XY & Z animé. These distributions will run weekly and will be obtained by a Serial Code obtained from the show. On October 29th, a shiny Xerneas will be obtainable; it is Level 100 with the moves Geomancy, Moonblast, Aromatherapy, and Focus Blast. On November 5th, a code for a shiny Yveltal will be distributed with the moves Oblivion Wing, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, and Foul Play. And on November 12th, a code for a normal Zygarde will be distributed with the moves Land's Wrath, Extreme Speed, Glare, and Outrage.
(Quote edited a bit to make more sense.)

EDIT 2:

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in Germany, the Hoopa event has begun. If you go to Gamestop stores between today and November 7th, you will receive a code for Hoopa. This code can be redeemed in X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and needs to be redeemed by January 10th. In addition to this, it has been posted on the official Gamestop site that Gamestop stores in Austria and Switzerland will also be running the event from today.
Alyx Vance
i have alpha sapphire but i wanna get x too
DestinySonata
tfw I run a Clefable Stored-Power+Cosmic Power set and both my friends manage to take it out through crits in the first few turns.

I want another Diancie event though ;w;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in the US, the Hoopa event has been announced. Hoopa is to be distributed at McDonald's restaurants across the country from November 27, 2015 to December 23, 2015. This is a local event that requires you to have your 3DS and X, Y, Omega Ruby, and/or Alpha Sapphire. This follows on from the events in Europe currently running in Germany, the UK and Italy, as well as in France from November 2nd.
What the actual... Wouldn't GameStop make more sense? ._.
Navizel
lol

not North America? :/
deadbeat
Hoopa, proudly sponsored by McDonald's
Bara-
HoopaMeal
DestinySonata
Grab your Happy Meal with a free Hoopa now
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Heh... Hoopa Meals are actually gonna be a thing. Official video:

Happy Hoppa Meal toys:

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

For those of you in North America, a Zoroark event has randomly begun over the Nintendo Network. It is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Receive via Internet and is special in that it has the move Sludge Bomb, a move it can't normally learn. The distribution lasts until November 20, 2015.
___

Following the surprise release of the special Sludge Bomb Zoroark over Nintendo Network for North American Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games, details have been revealed for other places. It has been confirmed that this event is coming to Europe. In the UK, it will be distributed via Serial Codes in GAME stores from November 6th to November 26th and can be redeemed in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, & Alpha Sapphire.
Stefan
I'd kick away a child for a wobbuffet.

New page, MIGHT LOOKING WRONG NOW. lol
Bara-
LOL
GG Stefan!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Some more European distributions of Hoopa have been announced. These distributions won't be running through Serial Code but rather through the Nintendo Zone. First, GameMania stores in The Netherlands will be giving the event at their Nintendo Zones from today. Next, FNAC stores in Portugal will be distributing Hoopa from 17:00 local time today in their Nintendo Zone. Finally, it has been announced that the FNAC and GameMania stores in Belgium will be distributing Hoopa from tomorrow.
Yuzeyun

Serebii wrote:

France from November 2nd.
Already got one from a friend of a friend who annihilated my face
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

In a new Pokémon Center promotional video has revealed a new event for Japan. This event will run at Pokémon Centers and will give away a special Diancie. This Diancie is Shiny, which cannot be obtained up to this point. It's to be distributed from December 12th 2015 to December 31st 2015. Full details of the event are not yet known but will be posted as we get them.
Yo... we'd better get that over here, too... She's my beloved princess, after all ;_;
Stefan
Definitely need one because I missed the last time. <_<
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
You mean last times? Because there were two Diancie distributions aside from the one I just mentioned.
Stefan

Blazevoir wrote:

You mean last times? Because there were two Diancie distributions aside from the one I just mentioned.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa I am lazy
Trash Boat
congrats Pokemon you just broke the game. Literally.

DestinySonata
AAAA Shiny Diancie ;w;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I know someone who has a Japanese 3DS and Japanese Alpha Sapphire, but they might want shiny Diancie too...
DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

I know someone who has a Japanese 3DS and Japanese Alpha Sapphire, but they might want shiny Diancie too...
I guess it's time to hope for a US event!
show more