forum

Where I'm at right now

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
I'm at uni and my parents wouldn't allow me to take anything gaming related (electronic), in return they paid for the rest of my rent for my accommodation.... I really want to play osu... and I could just buy another tablet and keyboard and play but I don't want to disrespect my parents :( What should I do? i really miss osu
Gumpy
Use a mouse or find another hobby.
I Give Up
Moderation is important. Being fully deprived from entertainment is just as detrimental as having too much entertainment. Some parents are silly enough not to know that. Regulate your study hours and play during breaks, its as simple as that. Give mouse a shot, that way you are sure not to play competitively and enjoy game instead.
Drezi
Your parents are delusional if they think that disallowing you to take gaming related equipment will make you study harder. Even if you don't buy an other tablet you'll find other ways to pass time anyway, when you don't feel like studying more, that's for granted. They really should realize that.

Tell them that some random dude on osu! forums who attends (and does well) at the uni is telling them this from experience, I'm sure my convincing power level is over 9000.
Rewben2
Like Drezi said, taking away all forms of electronic games is not going to make you study harder. Try and reason with them if you don't want to disrespect them for paying your rent under certain conditions.

If I was in your situation, what I'd do is try and reason with them and explain that games are not hindering my ability to study. If a conclusion isn't reached, then fuck that I'm playing games anyways.
B1rd
well you chose to go along with your parents' decision so..
Dexus
You have suddenly picked up the hobby of "drawing".
Oinari-sama
This doesn't behong in G&R...

You made the same topic in GD a month ago, use that t/241067