forum

Does any one know how to post html code in the forum?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakurano
anyone know how to post an html code with having the same effect of posting a forum code?
i.e.
posting the html code instead of the forum code but still showing the flag counter thing

well actually the issue is that the flag counter posted in the userpage only counts my own views and counts it as an American visitor. (not sure if anyone have the same experience)
however I've tried in blogs such as http://sayomi-chan.hatenablog.com/ where I posted as an html code, it counts all the visits properly.
not quite sure if posting with a forum code is the cause tho
IppE
You can't.

<p style="display:none;">lel</p>
AutoMedic
Blogs and forums are different to one another

short answer: no, you cant
Granger
The BBcode for the flag counter works fine, its just that the flag counter cant count any IP's but the IP of the imageproxy because...well image proxy.

Hail based peppy for secturirity measures nobody here needs.
AutoMedic
OH YEAH KEEP THOSE DDOS'ES COMIN' ASSHOLES
Topic Starter
Sakurano

Sonatora wrote:

Blogs and forums are different to one another

short answer: no, you cant

thx, ic now :)
Topic Starter
Sakurano

Granger wrote:

The BBcode for the flag counter works fine, its just that the flag counter cant count any IP's but the IP of the imageproxy because...well image proxy.

Hail based peppy for secturirity measures nobody here needs.

thx :)
ic now
problem solved XD

EDIT:
btw, so if for example, many users can actually have not only the imageproxy ip counted flag in their userpage, does that mean that they have put the flag in other places as well?
Granger

Sakurano wrote:

btw, so if for example, many users can actually have not only the imageproxy ip counted flag in their userpage, does that mean that they have put the flag in other places as well?
Either that or the flag counter was from before the proxy was added.
Topic Starter
Sakurano

Granger wrote:

Sakurano wrote:

Either that or the flag counter was from before the proxy was added.

thx :) ic now
Trash Boat
u r welcome :D
Syphist
HTML should not be used on forums. There's something called Cross Site Scripting (or XSS for short) that would cause a lot of security vulnerabilities. You wouldn't want people posting javascript here, trust me.
IppE
Posting HTML can be made safe if properly parsed, but yeah you'd basically have to block 90% of all code to make it safe.
B1rd
html code
Cyclohexane
Reminder to vote for ztrout
mathexpert
public static void main(String[] args){
System.out.println("testing if java works on the forums");
}
mathexpert
goddamn it
Topic Starter
Sakurano