forum

[invalid] Being able to choose which score to submit

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
cheezstik
I often find myself intentionally missing or breaking combo around halfway through a song that is only 3.5-4 stars just because I know I can DT the song for much more than it would be worth at no mod SS even without getting an FC, so it would be less score than the no mod fc, while being worth much more PP.

At the end of each play of a song, there should be an option to upload that score instead of your current score of the song, to replace the PP you gain from that score with the PP you would gain from the new score. Because I have many DT scores with decent accuracy but less combo than the max (so basically DT chokes), but while being worth less than a nomod fc score wise, they are worth much more PP wise.

Now with different songs that I have fced nomod, it is hard to fc them with DT, but I would still get a decent PP even for a half combo DT, as proven by some of my 100pp+ DT half combos. I might never end up fcing these songs with DT, but I should still get the PP bonus for doing it DT.

Obviously, the pros will come here saying "just FC the song with DT you noob", but it isn't always easy, and I don't see why losing PP should even be possible. This feature couldn't be exploited with hacking, it would simply be allowing you to replace scores with new scores that are lower, you would still have to be online to do it, and only get 1 chance to do it, so no old hacked local scores.

Maybe you should be able to choose which score you want out of every score of the song you have ever uploaded online, just in case you upload a new one that actually gives less PP, or maybe it could simply tell you how much PP it gives at the score screen and tell you how much PP your current score gives and then ask if you want to replace the score.

Maybe your highest score play would be featured on the song leaderboards, while your highest PP play of that song gives you the PP for that song. Would make so much more sense.

This feature would make playing casual no mod songs a lot more fun, as I can play them without fear of losing a potential good PP song.

Tl;dr score =/= PP, PP = rank, score =/= rank. PP should be prioritized over score when uploading a play to get rank.
Shadowriver
Looking on way how PP is implemented i think thats not possible, since same as score, PP is embedded to song result which is also stored
Topic Starter
cheezstik

Shadowriver wrote:

Looking on way how PP is implemented i think thats not possible, since same as score, PP is embedded to song result which is also stored
Yeah so hopefully it can be changed so we can have two song results, 1 with highest score, which goes on song leaderboards, and 1 with highest pp, which is only displayed in personal top ranks list. Or at the very least so that we can replace old scores entirely with lower scores that are worth more pp, because I wouldn't mind falling a couple positions on the song leaderboards to gain pp, which is what matters to me in the end.
Bara-
I know for sure this has been requested before, but as the search is dead, I can't seem to find it ;-;
Oinari-sama
Been requested and denied before. Won't happen.