forum

[Archived] Cursor movement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
I use tablet and whenever I play, the cursor keeps flicking around the place. This never happened before when I used tablet and I use 1x sensitivity. I have no idea what's wrong with Osu.

Even when I'm spinning in a circle it sometimes suddenly flickers outside of the course of the circle. Anyone know the problem?

P.S. I don't want to use a lower sensitivity since it affects my gameplay, even though it's on tablet.

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
sheela
If you have Raw Input ticked in the Options, untick it.
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
I don't have it ticked. I tried putting it on before, but the cursor just stops moving if I do put it on.
Kyonko Hizara
Do you have tablet support turned on?
Oinari-sama
Are you on windows 8? If so, read this: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Windows_8.1_cur ... g_solution
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
Yes and No. I use Windows 7 Home premium.
drum drum
Please list
  1. Tablet model
  2. Behavior of cursor flickering
  3. A video if possible
You should try turning off extra tablet features or use a special program called FixMyPen (http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/14/the-u ... windo.html)

Also make sure your drivers are up-to-date
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
CTH-480.
It's a sudden flick that's extremely fast, to the point where I can't screenshot it. It ranges from just a small little jump about .5cm to across the screen. Like I said, it's fast, but it's screwed me up and killed my combos a load of times.
I don't have anything to record with.
I used it and it fixed the worst of problems, but some still remains. (What I described)
My driver is the latest driver.
Dexus
restart your computer and when you open osu! see if a program called wisptis.exe is running in the task manager.
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
Ok.
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
There's 2 but I checked before and after opening and it made no difference. There were 2 in the first place.
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
Should I try to remove them?
Dexus
wisptis.exe is what essentially runs windows ink, which can cause pen flicks and other operations to continue to happen even when you disable them. I would recommend disabling the pen and tablet service from windows (which is what wisptis.exe is). If after restarting you still see it go to C:\Windows\System32, perform a search for wisptis and rename the files with 'wisptis' in the name, or move them out to a memorable location. You have to take ownership of the file in order to do the operations to move and rename the executable. Don't delete wisptis.exe just in case something goes awry.
Topic Starter
In No Hurry
Didn't work. I also tried reinstalling Osu and the drivers, and downloaded DirectX and installed that too, but the flickers stayed.