forum

Cutting sliders

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
So I have noticed that a lot of players including myself cut fast sliders when there is like 10% left of the slider since the zone circle is big enough to not combo break. Is it better to continue cutting sliders or should I try to complete all sliders fully meaning not moving the cursor from the slider until it actually hits its end? Cutting doesn't cause problems I can say that much. But I would find it very difficult to follow all the sliders through for example in Talent Shredder or Scarlet Rose etc.

EDIT: Not implying I can pass those 2.
uzzi
I'd say it's pretty situational.
B1rd
well breaking from slider earlier gives you more time to get to the next note, making the jump easier. So basically it'll be harder, but better jump training.
Maxis
boop, skim through and you'll know what part I'm referring to

I do agree it is pretty situational though, but you definitely shouldn't make a habit of always cutting sliders.
winber1
almost literally impossible to not cut sliders in some maps and situations. And technically speaking everyone cuts sliders when they are playing kick sliders (the 1/4 tick sliders). I would say being able to fully play the sliders will help you accuracy, but not entirely necessary if you cut correctly. When practicing I would say do it, but if you just want to set a score, probably just do whatever will get you the score.

Alternatively, you can just not give a flippin' shit and play the fucking game ma nigga.
Synpoo
i cut every slider lol
CXu
Several mappers place sliders in a way where they intend them to be "cut".
byfar
once i tried to cut a slider

but then i broke my combo

evrytim i cri
kymotsujason
For me, if the notes are aligned with the slider, I will follow through. If its just short sliders or long jumps, I cut them to give me more time to reach the next note accurately. I would agree with - [ U z z I ] in saying its completely situational. Keep playing and you'll figure out where to cut and where to follow through.
Seenko_
If you're used to cut sliders why stop cutting them, if you don't miss the slider cutting it you should still play like that :p
Top Bunk
Well as long as you're not cutting onions, no tears will be shed.
I Give Up
I don't think about it, I just wait for hit sound. Each to their own play style.