forum

[duplicate] Allow subtitles option?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
sadpwner
Can we have an option that allows beatmappers to add in subtles for the song and have it toggleable? Having the video in the background is too distracting... For the non-japanese player base the vocals are pretty much just noise.
HatarukeKizaru
I've seen some people just put subtitles in the background video itself. Automatic captions or just simply writing out some captions instead of making a video would be convenient, but I think it might cause a performance drop rendering the letters, and the circles might get in the way of the captions, etc. It has some problems to work out.
deadbeat
i'd rather t/150268 or t/107830
i don't think we need a 3rd topic for this do we?
Shadowriver
Imo it would be cool to go farther with the idea and implement karaoke like subtitles, mapped lyrics data could be used later to something cool later. Current story board workaround is not only extra work, but draws lyric data complitly useless for Osu it self.

HatarukeKizaru wrote:

I've seen some people just put subtitles in the background video itself. Automatic captions or just simply writing out some captions instead of making a video would be convenient, but I think it might cause a performance drop rendering the letters, and the circles might get in the way of the captions, etc. It has some problems to work out.
1. Osu graphics wise is light as hardware accelerated UI in your OS 2. It could be optional
Oinari-sama

deadbeat wrote:

i'd rather t/150268 or t/107830
i don't think we need a 3rd topic for this do we?
Agreed. Feel free to post in the linked threads to expand the topic.

Marked as duplicate before anyone stars this.