forum

[duplicate] Osu reply/message notifications.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
R3DxFOX
This post uses pictures from puush.me service. If you cannot access the images, this could be hard to understand visually. Anyway, I've used the forums a lot and realized that I've missed a lot of questions about my posts, until I enabled the setting that osu sends me a email if someone had replied on the same thread. This post is mainly a suggestion that could help make the process faster and a lot more simpler.

I think that there should be a better way to know that someone has replied to you rather than just having to check your email. I also know that there are a lot of people who do not use the osu private messaging to it's full extent. This is what I'm thinking: Have the messages combined with reply notifications (someone has replied on the same topic you wrote on). Here's an example of what I mean (excuse my bad photoshopping please):

As you can see, I've changed the inbox picture to have a red box with the number of notifications that you have. Here's another design for a notification.
It would be cool to implement this idea to in-game so players could know that they have notifications without having to go into their browser to check.
Like this:

Now here's the thing about the replies in the inbox. I think it would be really convenient to get a message from a bot saying the same thing on the email, but on the website itself. It would save a lot of time too, from having to back and forth from your email to the forums. This could make good use for the messages tab too on the top of the website. Maybe something like "x replies" with a different symbol or something.

Hope you get it, if there is a way to do something like this without having to go to my e-mail to check for replies, tell me please :D
FrzR
I'd prefer that notification bubble to be around the chat bar..
Oinari-sama
Somebody actually requested the same thing before (t/211501), but the image example is lost. I've pm'ed the thread owner to see if it can be reuploaded.

Can you post your ideas +pictures in the quoted thread? Picture examples are always nice to have :)

Btw just letting you know that the bookmarks management page actually displays threads with new replys with different icons. It can be a workaround.
Topic Starter
R3DxFOX

Oinari-sama wrote:

Somebody actually requested the same thing before (t/211501), but the image example is lost. I've pm'ed the thread owner to see if it can be reuploaded.

Can you post your ideas +pictures in the quoted thread? Picture examples are always nice to have :)

Btw just letting you know that the bookmarks management page actually displays threads with new replys with different icons. It can be a workaround.
Alright cool, thanks again. I searched around 10-13 pages and didn't find any requests similar to this one with the same keywords. So I guess thread closed right?

- R3D
Oinari-sama
Yep. Just let this thread sleep now...
Topic Starter
R3DxFOX

Oinari-sama wrote:

Yep. Just let this thread sleep now...
Good night thread ~ :cry: