forum

[duplicate] Vote star difficulty rating for a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
haha5957
Reason is simple : the star rating currently is pretty much reliable, but not completely.

Especially with stream maps being slightly overrated and high SV slider maps being bit underrated (ex : mendes/ascension/pretty much many stream IIDX maps bit overrated, dance number/scarlet rose/rubik's cube being underrated).

So here's the point : Add a vote stating -1.0~+1.0 and show the average "user voted star difficulty rating". There shouldn't have to be any pp or actual star rating changes, just add a vote, and let us see it.

Reason the range being -1.0~+1.0 is because I don't think any map is off a whole star difficulty (ex : dance number is rated 5.04 and I do think this is underrated, but I don't think this is somewhere over 6.05)

So example :

With a Dance number[0108] has 5.04 star difficulty rating. Maybe other players do think that this is very underrated, and voted +0.84 in average. Although this will still show you 5.04 and give you same amount pp as before, it will let you know that "Other players think this map is as hard as 5.92 star rating, so maybe be careful"

NNRT [Extra] has 5.62 star difficulty rating. However players found it is slightly easier than they thought, and voted -0.23 in average[/b]. Same as before, although it still will award you same amount of pp, it will let you know that "Other players think this map is as hard as 5.39 star rating difficulty".

I kinda think that this will alsoy help star difficulty rating to improve in future since the devs will actually know how players think/feel about the map.
nrl
You'd trust the average player to accurately gauge map difficulty?
Topic Starter
haha5957
There's a great country where you might wanna live since you cannot trust average members of a community and decide to ignore their opinion.

Have i even ever said decide the actual difficulty by voting? It's basically something like the star rating (not the difficulty one) we already have, but something that actually has some use
Oinari-sama
Please refrain from making unnessasary comments.

Anyway, star difficulty voting by user has been requested before and denied:

peppy wrote:

I'll ad my personal opinion here and say that I think even with judgement difference from person-to-person, adding this would be beneficial over what we have, but may not be the best way moving forward if the star rating is to be improved in the future.
That was before ppv2 and new difficulty calculations came into live, which is much better than the old system. If you have improvements you wanna suggest, please do so in t/181850. Tom is constantly reviewing the system to make it better.