forum

[Help] @2x images...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MiloSx7
Hello guys. I have noticed that when i use HQ @2x picture the quality in-game changes drastically. However, i don't have @2x pictures for everything (because some skins i downloaded didn't contain them either)

Is there any program that can resize an image without ruining the quality? Cuz im really bad at PS and i can't even make a simple circle...

@edit: i am trying to make a skin for myself only. I just go on and download a bunch of skins and then take everything i like and put it into one. I'm almost finished tho
[Bystander]
I do the opposite when creating skins...
I start with the @2x image and scale down for the normal image.
You can make approach circle and hit circles really easily in gimp with basic skills.
I made most of my own skin elements.

I am not familiar with any program that can scale an image up without loss of quality.
MLGnom
There will be always loss of quality... you can improve it a little by using few filters but generally it won't be the same quality as original.
Quichey
The limit of upscaling things exists because there isn't enough information to replace the increase in size. Hence, it is distorted heavily.

Your best bet is to recreate things from scratch at a higher resolution. Takes some skill to do, and it will never be the same as the original, but it can happen.
tobuei
there is no magic program that will up scale raster images without quality loss

You could redraw the parts you want in a vector drawing program such as inkscape or adobe illustrator then they would be infinitely scalable to whatever size you wanted to export them at but since you mentioned you have trouble drawing a simple circle in PS this is probably not for you unless you were willing to spend a decent amount of time learning,

i guess you could always ask the creators of the elements you want to use if they have a larger version you could use.
Topic Starter
MiloSx7

tobuei wrote:

there is no magic program that will up scale raster images without quality loss

You could redraw the parts you want in a vector drawing program such as inkscape or adobe illustrator then they would be infinitely scalable to whatever size you wanted to export them at but since you mentioned you have trouble drawing a simple circle in PS this is probably not for you unless you were willing to spend a decent amount of time learning,

i guess you could always ask the creators of the elements you want to use if they have a larger version you could use.
I took the hitcircles from WWWs new skin

I have been trying to make similar hitcircle in paint.net relying on the template hitcircle but with no luck. My skills with these programs are terrible...
TakuMii
Hey there!
I'm feeling in a good mood right now, so I just randomly decided to make you a 2x version of that graphic:

Let me know if I did a good enough job :) I might touch on a few of the other graphics too if you want!
Topic Starter
MiloSx7
Thanks mate! I have messaged you with another request, i hope im not asking much...
Thanks again!
TakuMii
Alright, as per request, I tried my best to remake the hitcircle overlay @2x as well:

It is slightly different, but there's a lot more going on in terms of layer effects so I couldn't really get it to match as exactly as I did the other image. I tried my best though!
Topic Starter
MiloSx7

YayMii wrote:

Alright, as per request, I tried my best to remake the hitcircle overlay @2x as well:

It is slightly different, but there's a lot more going on in terms of layer effects so I couldn't really get it to match as exactly as I did the other image. I tried my best though!
You've got to be kidding me!
This is just perfect! I resized that image to make a standard overlay, and my circles in game appear far way clearer than they were untill you made these images
Thanks a lot man, i owe you one!