forum

[invalid] Accuracy is too strinct in Osu! standard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
I know, I'm probably in the minority when I say this, and probably shouldn't be critiquing after only playing the game for a few days. I play on hard difficulty, and some beatmaps I hit about 95% of the notes and only get 65% accuracy. Hitting the notes shouldn't decrease your accuracy so low. I think it should be missing notes that makes you lose a lot. Isn't it 66% less accuracy per note just by being off a tiny split second? Even 300 pts for perfect and 200 for just off would make more sense to me.
Vuelo Eluko
"what's wrong with my piano playing? I'm hitting all the keys so why is someone else better just because they're playing a "song"?
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
I knew I would get a response like that, so not sure why I even bothered. I'm talking about the points difference from 300 to 100 being a big drop for a split second of being off. And by the way, piano players don't hit every key perfectly within 0.1 seconds. Every time they play is different. That was not a good way of comparing it to this game.
Vuelo Eluko
remember that its a rhythm game and not a whack a mole game. hitting the circles is not enough, you have to hit them correctly.
as you get better, and figure out how to hit notes on time with the song, you'll realize it's fine.

this is pure inexperience talking, like complaining about drain because it kills you so much.
Nutella
The current system is fine as it is in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Ash Marley

Riince wrote:

remember that its a rhythm game and not a whack a mole game. hitting the circles is not enough, you have to hit them correctly.
as you get better, and figure out how to hit notes on time with the song, you'll realize it's fine.

this is pure inexperience talking, like complaining about drain because it kills you so much.
Well yea, I did make a point to say I've only been playing for a few days. New players are important, because first impressions can make the difference in whether or not someone becomes a regular player. Me and 3 people I introduced the game to all noticed quickly how strict the timing is compared to other rhythm games, but I guess I will get used to it in time and get better.
Vuelo Eluko
its mainly because you're playing too hard stuff too early on.
most people [who dont use nofail from day 1] don't notice an issue with it because they naturally ease into the skill range required to play harder maps.

what if someone who played for a week was saying airman should be nerfed because the jumps being too hard to follow? that would be just as ridiculous as this suggestion.
Yauxo
Id even say that it's not strict enough at the beginning of the game. OD 1-8 is like nothing. Its a rhythm game, hit it when the note actually plays, not before or after. Mappers should use OD 9 and 10 more often.
Vuelo Eluko

Yauxo wrote:

Id even say that it's not strict enough at the beginning of the game. OD 1-8 is like nothing. Its a rhythm game, hit it when the note actually plays, not before or after. Mappers should use OD 9 and 10 more often.
od11 or riot
Sea_Food
I kinda agree with OP because its silly that 100 is closer to 0 than 300 in accuracy which makes it stupid because getting a zero is so much more worse in every sense than example getting 5 100s, but still the latter lowers accuracy so much more.

But i cant figure out a good way to fix this. Make 100s give more acc? Confusing since 100 still is a only a third of 300 in terms of score. Increase the accuracy and the value? That would be too big of a change for this issur. Should have not been like that in the first place.
MostDakka
If you think that std is too strict try actually listening to music and try to play some easier maps with HD.d Also no to request since its fine. I remember playing EBA[Elite Beat Agents] it was horrible too but give it a few days and you'll see its ok.
Aqo

Sea_Food wrote:

I kinda agree with OP because its silly that 100 is closer to 0 than 300 in accuracy which makes it stupid because getting a zero is so much more worse in every sense than example getting 5 100s, but still the latter lowers accuracy so much more.
You do realize that in other rhythm games you literally get nothing for non-perfect hits.

For instance the beatmania standard is

Glowing Great (called PGreat in short)
Great
Good
Bad
Poor (a miss)

You get 2 points for PGreat, which is OD11, 1 point for Great, which is OD10, and zero points for Good, which is OD8, anything below is also zero points.

Osu is lenient as hell in accuracy.
TakuMii
Just popping in to side with Aqo on this one. Osu's timing windows are pretty wide in comparison to just about every other rhythm game I've played (aside from maybe western games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band). If your accuracy is suffering, it just means that you need more practice.
Gumpy
You just suck Ash Marley.
Stefan

Ash Marley wrote:

I play on hard difficulty, and some beatmaps I hit about 95% of the notes and only get 65% accuracy.
I honestly consider playing Normal Difficulties then if that's the case.
manjumochi
I woundn't mind if the acc system gets more linear (something like 300-200-100-50-0), my biggest problem is the scoring system being "not fair": FC w/ better acc getting less score because of a 100/50 at the end of combo.
Shadowriver
Less forgivible accuricy won't make you better player, also you might jump too deep, try to SS or S some normal maps first before going to hard.... but if you want train hard then go ahead, i bearly can pass hard so im impressed. Either why you need to be petitioned, skill does not come in few days
Oinari-sama
I don't see this happening. Marking as invalid.

@OP: Play for a year and all you'll care about is getting all 300's. It's hard to explain but you'll feel the urge as you get better :)
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
My problem is I got good fast at just hitting the circles, minus the accuracy. After 3 days I was playing hard maps and hitting 90% of the circles, but getting crappy accuracy. I've decided to go back to easy and SS/S all the maps, then I'm gonna move up to normal and do the same until I get back to hard.
silmarilen
hitting 90% of the circles does not make you good at the map. in fact, it means you still dont have a clue what you're doing. for most people, even hitting only 99% of the notes is already a bad performance.
Topic Starter
Ash Marley
I just said I was going to go back to improve accuracy. I didn't say I was good at the maps. :roll: Hence " I've decided to go back to easy"

I seriously doubt most people find 99% to be a bad performance. Maybe for the top few thousand players.
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

hitting 90% of the circles does not make you good at the map. in fact, it means you still dont have a clue what you're doing. for most people, even hitting only 96% of the notes is already a bad performance.
fixet

100% = wtf
99% = good play, not gonna bother retrying ever
98% = average play, if the map is fairly difficult or high od like od7+dt wont even bother retrying.
97% = acceptable but should retry
96% or less = gotta retry asap
Oinari-sama
This request topic is done. If you guys wanna continue the discussion on how to improve accuracy please use the Gameplay & Rankings forum.