forum

PC Games

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mara
Okay, so I'm getting new PC soon. It's not the best computer in the world, but it can run some new games. Now I'm asking you guys - what games I should downl- UHHH, buy? I like FPS alot. Games with co-op are also welcome.
Loginer
Topic Starter
Mara

Loginer wrote:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/13291.html
Well, I have CSS, CS 1.6, DoDS, DoD 1.3, HL, HL2, HL2DM, CSCZ and Portal already. How much there are custom content in L4D2? I'm thinking about getting TF2.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ph0X

awp wrote:

get Diablo 2 and LoD expansion
Even my quadcores can't handle that, are you nuts?!

Hmm, going through my list, there arn't many highend games that I really loved and would recommand.
Only one I see is MirrorsEdge. If you like the usual boring fps game though, I guess you can try Fear2, Bioshock2 which just came out (preferably play the first one before), GTA4, Batman Arkham Asylum, Deadspace and Burnout paradise if you like racing games. It's all I can see quickly looking through my list. These are all newgen games that a lot of people loved, but personally I find them all dull and repetitive.
awp
I loved Bioshock. Good atmosphere and storytelling, and decent gameplay.
RemmyX25
I really need a new PC
Topic Starter
Mara

awp wrote:

get Diablo 2 and LoD expansion
I have also Diablo 2, but not LoD expansion. Is it really worth it?

Ph0X wrote:

Hmm, going through my list, there arn't many highend games that I really loved and would recommand.
Only one I see is MirrorsEdge. (I have this game on Xbox 360. It would be more interesting with multiplayer.) If you like the usual boring fps game though, I guess you can try Fear2 (Gonna try this one.), Bioshock2 (Also this one.) which just came out (preferably play the first one (I'll keep this in my mind.) before), GTA4 (Got on Xbox 360, but I'll guess I can try it, when I get some extra money.), Batman Arkham Asylum (Is it really that good?), Deadspace (This.) and Burnout paradise (Crashing is always fun.) if you like racing games. It's all I can see quickly looking through my list. These are all newgen games that a lot of people loved, but personally I find them all dull and repetitive.
Thanks.

awp wrote:

I loved Bioshock. Good atmosphere and storytelling, and decent gameplay.
Sounds good. Gonna try it.

RemmyX25 wrote:

I really need a new PC
I know your feelings.
Ph0X
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

DataCirno wrote:

I have also Diablo 2, but not LoD expansion. Is it really worth it?
You kiddin'? I don't even want to play Diablo 2 any more without the expansion. I gotta have LoD. Charms, refined UI, Ancients, class-specific gear, those skill things where upgrading one skill makes x other skills more powerful etc
Two_old
I just started playing diablo 2 again and it's infested with spam bots. They were annoying before but... now it's so bad that I can't see my screen half the time.
nsane

DataCirno wrote:

I like FPS alot.
Well, in that case assuming you want mulitplayer, I'd suggest Bad Company 2 and TF2. Some might say it's overrated, but for its price, it is a decent game with decent gameplay. For singleplayer, I'd suggest Bioshock 2 (I know, it's been said already) and Mass Effect 2. ME2 is actually a TPS, but it's made by Bioware, so you know it has to be good.
Azure_Kite
Jeffro
TF2 is really good and fun. So I recommend you get it :D
Topic Starter
Mara
PC is coming next week! Horray!

So, I'm going to buy these games first:

Diablo II LoD
Team Fortress 2
Borderlands

After these, I'm going to get:

Burnout Paradise
Bioshock Series
MW2 (inb4 "mw2 is killing the pc gaming")
Neo@lex
Don't just buy TF2. You get a much better deal with the Orange Box.
Topic Starter
Mara

neo@lex wrote:

DataCirno wrote:

Well, I have CSS, CS 1.6, DoDS, DoD 1.3, HL, HL2, HL2DM, CSCZ and Portal already. How much there are custom content in L4D2? I'm thinking about getting TF2.
I have beated HL2 EP1 and EP2 already on Xbox360.
Neo@lex
Oh right.
In that case get it with Gmod.
Topic Starter
Mara

neo@lex wrote:

Oh right.
In that case get it with Gmod.
Gmod would be also pretty nice.
Loginer

DataCirno wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

DataCirno wrote:

I have beated HL2 EP1 and EP2 already on Xbox360.
Before you do anything stupid, look around in some physical stores and see if you can't find a retail copy of The Orange Box. Chances are it'll be cheaper than buying TF2 separately on Steam.
Ph0X
I just realized, no one actually said anything about l4d and l4d2.
If you have 3 other friends to play with, this is probably one of the best coop games, imo.
A lot of fun just screwing around and chatting and vent and shit.

Also, since the DLC is coming out in around a month, there will surely be a huge rebate on l4d2 so that would be a great time to buy it.

Oh and MW2? Really? :(
Topic Starter
Mara