forum

Pokemon Gen 5 confirmed... For Nintendo DS.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Look on Pokebeach for first silhouette. http://www.pokebeach.com

There was evidence pointing towards it for a while now, but it was confirmed last night when Junichi Masuda had his video. I'll link to the subtitled video later.

It's coming out for the DS BTW, and supposedly it'll be so different in some parts that we'll be going, "WOAH, is this really Pokemon?"

So basically...

-What do you want in this new game?
-Will you obtain a copy of it via any possible mean if it's good?
-Do you think they'll actually put changes in this game?
-Do you think the male protagonist won't look like a total moron this time around?

Discuss.

EDIT: BTW, the surprising news isn't that there's a fifth gen, but that it's on the Nintendo DS, same as the 4th gen. In other words, they aren't waiting for a new system this time.

Also here's the confirming vid that it isn't a spin-off (for once):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foSD59cOwTs
MegaManEXE
It's like Lucario + Shiftry

Looks retarded
Nakata Yuji
obviously the evolution of the evolution of mightyena.
awp

Ekaru wrote:

supposedly it'll be so different in some parts that we'll be going, "WOAH, is this really Pokemon?"
so they only wanted to remake the same game(s) three times before taking a dive into the unknown?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

MegaManEXE wrote:

Looks retarded
It's just a silhouette. It'll probably look good if it looks remotely anything like this (drawn by Xous of Pokebeach):

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6312/g ... finala.png

Alternatively, it could look like any of those crappy drawings in that thread. I doubt it's 'Z', it's probably the Pokemon that does nothing but stand there looking at the moon/heroes most of the time until the end where it suddenly appears and helps save the world.

We'll see in a week or so when it'll be revealed in Corocoro.

@awp: Yes, they suddenly decided to change more things about the game, I guess. No real specifics though, other than new Pokemon, new setting, and supposedly it'll be an "absolutely new game that'll make you ask yourself if it's really Pokemon". So basically, we have no idea in hell how much they are changing. They claim it'll be different enough, which it always has each gen for me. :P Not enough for everyone, apparently. Maybe the Pokemon will actually have attack animations and not stand still the whole time!

...I'm probably getting my hopes too high.
MegaManEXE
I dunno even after seeing that fanart I think I still stand by my original opinion lol

Not a fan of that hair

Reminds me of werehog Sonic
mm201
My thoughts would be something like Ekaru's pic, only more blue/purple.

I remember the GenIV silhouette days, and my Turquoise Aztec Alien with a Raygun (Weavile) and Honey Nut Cheerios Bee (Mime Jr.) drawings based on the silhouettes. <3

Hopefully the games will remain true in the ways that count. A new premise for a story would be nice, though I'd like the mechanics to stay true to the previous generations.

"Beat 8 gym leaders while stopping the Evil Team, then beat the Elite Four" is getting tired.
Loginer

Ekaru wrote:

-What do you want in this new game?
I want Nintendo to dump their sprites and finally give us a real Pokémon game in 3D.

Ekaru wrote:

-Will you obtain a copy of it via any possible mean if it's good?
derp

Ekaru wrote:

-Do you think they'll actually put changes in this game?
Sure, they'll probably add over 200 new Pokémon, apply a few palette changers and get some 5-year-old on the Internet to vomit up a new story for them.

Ekaru wrote:

-Do you think the male protagonist won't look like a total moron this time around?
I don't remember the protagonist in gen 4 having any personality whatsoever.
mm201
[quote="Loginer"I want Nintendo to dump their sprites and finally give us a real Pokémon game in 3D.[/quote]
Honestly, 3D on the DS actually looks worse than sprites. I don't see what the big problem is.
Pokebis

MetalMario201 wrote:

[quote="Loginer"I want Nintendo to dump their sprites and finally give us a real Pokémon game in 3D.
Honestly, 3D on the DS actually looks worse than sprites. I don't see what the big problem is.[/quote]
Put it on the PSP.
Loginer

MetalMario201 wrote:

Loginer wrote:

I want Nintendo to dump their sprites and finally give us a real Pokémon game in 3D.
Honestly, 3D on the DS actually looks worse than sprites. I don't see what the big problem is.
Are you seriously of the opinion that a DS game with Pokémon Stadium-esque battles would look worse than a pair of bobbing 128*128 sprites?

Sure, it wouldn't be the best-looking game ever since the DS lacks texture filtering, but come on.
Nakata Yuji

Loginer wrote:

Are you seriously of the opinion that a DS game with Pokémon Stadium-esque battles would look worse than a pair of bobbing 128*128 sprites?

Sure, it wouldn't be the best-looking game ever since the DS lacks texture filtering, but come on.
best idea ever
MegaManEXE

Loginer wrote:

Only if it has the announcer from the original Pokemon Stadium
Zekira
I've been hearing news about Gen 5 lately, and yeah I'd get it ASAP (and stumble around looking for the secrets on my own XD). But obviously being a competitive battler, what I'd be looking forward to is the change in the mechanics of stat boosting and of course the other battle mechanics that may have changed or added.
lukewarmholiday
Evolved forms of farfetch'd and delibird. Count on it.
MegaManEXE

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I thought the images circulating around of those two were confirmed fake ?_?
lukewarmholiday
I know but

It's

Gonna

Happen
Mogsy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Farfetch'd deserves it more than Delibird. Then again, I want Delibird to die in a fire.
Neo@lex
Mogsy
Zorua looks like a bastardized Vulpix. Zoroark is just weird.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Fact: Zoroark (pronounced Zo-ro-ark) looks 100,000x cooler standing than on two fours. By God two legs better be its fighting pose, with four legs just being its travel pose (think of monkeys). And if the sprite/model is on all fours instead of standing, I will punch the sprite artist.

For real.

To see standing/Sugimori art, go to serebii.net or pokebeach.com.

...and I'm going to pretend the red markings around the edges of its lips are blood. Even though that's not the case, it makes it seem cooler.

Pretty good job though. I like it quite a bit already.
MegaManEXE

MegaManEXE wrote:

Looks retarded
I stand by my original post
Topic Starter
Ekaru
We now have pics with proper coloring and a quality that doesn't suck.

http://pokebeach.com/ as usual. Scroll down past the prerelease sleeves that no on really cares about and you'll see it. Why Zorua has more pics than Zoroark is beyond me, though.
CheeseWarlock
I actually prefer it on all fours, it looks less "trying-to-be-badass" and Gen4 already had too much of that.