forum

Why does it seem like HD

posted
Total Posts
29
Topic Starter
Synpoo
Makes certain maps (especially jumpy maps) easier?

Less screen clutter??
Vuelo Eluko
hidden makes the game easier
but gives pp and score because yolo
Rokusho

Riince wrote:

hidden makes the game easier
but gives pp and score because yolo
None of your top scores contain hidden, so what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

It is true that the screen clutters less with hidden on, and on high AR's hidden doesn't make the map a lot harder either. You see way less circles on the screen than with no mod. This is useful as you don't have to focus on every single circle, it just looks less busy on your screen.
Vuelo Eluko

trololol123 wrote:

Riince wrote:

hidden makes the game easier
but gives pp and score because yolo
None of your top scores contain hidden, so what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

It is true that the screen clutters less with hidden on, and on high AR's hidden doesn't make the map a lot harder either. You see way less circles on the screen than with no mod. This is useful as you don't have to focus on every single circle, it just looks less busy on your screen.
i prefer not to use hidden, so?
i noticed you dont have spun-out on your top ranks, guess you dont know what it does or if it makes it easier?
Rokusho

Riince wrote:

trololol123 wrote:

None of your top scores contain hidden, so what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

It is true that the screen clutters less with hidden on, and on high AR's hidden doesn't make the map a lot harder either. You see way less circles on the screen than with no mod. This is useful as you don't have to focus on every single circle, it just looks less busy on your screen.
i prefer not to use hidden, so?
i noticed you dont have spun-out on your top ranks, guess you dont know what it does or if it makes it easier?
If hidden makes the game easier, why would you not use it? That doesn't sound logical to me at all.
Also I don't use spun-out as it lowers my score obviously.
Vuelo Eluko
i don't like it. if combo bursts made the game easier somehow i still wouldnt use it because i don't like it, go figure
Varetyr
I just don't get your logic here, let's take trololol's example to a higher extent : instead of looking at you, let's look at the whole community.

You're safely assuming "HD makes the game easier", so can you explain me why are there so few HD scores on these maps :
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/27104
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/102282
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90068
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/104229
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/45074
and so on ... ?

Don't you think all of these competitive top players would just put HD on and improve their scores if they could ?
And don't tell me they all "don't like HD", they pretty much all already have HD top scores and play it at least occasionally.

Even I think HD isn't my cup of tea, therefore I don't play it very often, but never in my life I'd say adding HD makes things easier, it just... doesn't :/
nrl
HD doesn't make things easier, it makes things cleaner. This is nice on dense maps at high ARs where the extra clutter would be a nuisance, but it entails a substantial loss of redundancy, which is why most players find it difficult to read as consistently as nomod. It gets its reputation as a non-mod from the fact that it's much easier to deal with at high AR, which the current metagame favors very heavily.
ivan
x
Faces
Why does it seem like HDHR*
fix'd title
cheezstik

Riince wrote:

trololol123 wrote:

None of your top scores contain hidden, so what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

It is true that the screen clutters less with hidden on, and on high AR's hidden doesn't make the map a lot harder either. You see way less circles on the screen than with no mod. This is useful as you don't have to focus on every single circle, it just looks less busy on your screen.
i prefer not to use hidden, so?
i noticed you dont have spun-out on your top ranks, guess you dont know what it does or if it makes it easier?
The difference is spun-out reduces pp and score while HD increases pp and score. Half time and no fail make the game easier, but no one really has them in their top scores do they?
Varetyr
*cough* little sidenote *cough*
but yeah I think I see what you mean
Topic Starter
Synpoo
Hidden also seems to increase my accuracy because I'm actually listening to the song instead of being distracted by the fucking approach circles
Loves
Hidden's hard. A lot of the "ram" in your brain is more focused on remembering the location of the circles rather than other things a nomod would illicit.
Topic Starter
Synpoo
Hidden is love, hidden is life
Topic Starter
Synpoo
ok serious problem, i can't play without hidden

the screen becomes too cluttered with bullshit and i can't see anything
Illus
To me, aim-focused maps are harder with Hidden, probably since I "forget" where the notes are. It depends on being used to it or not, like almost anything in this game.

Try out Easy Mod if the clutter is your problem. Do Hards if necessary. Nomod maps (ar9 or even ar8 Insanes) will seem like heaven afterwards. If you absolutely despise this mod, then just play Nomod more often if you're concerned about being able to play it. You will eventually get used to it, though it will probably take more time.
Vuelo Eluko

exozion wrote:

ok serious problem, i can't play without hidden

the screen becomes too cluttered with bullshit and i can't see anything
the game is easier with it just keep it on
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

exozion wrote:

ok serious problem, i can't play without hidden

the screen becomes too cluttered with bullshit and i can't see anything
the game is easier with it just keep it on
It's just the same as people who play with HR all the time, they can't read AR9 well because they aren't used to
B1rd
I don't like hidden, no-mod is so much nicer. I can't even do hidden well at ar9.67/10
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply