posted
Total Posts

Point system?

YES
43.75%
NO
56.25%
Total votes: 32
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-SiN-
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Bass
+1
anonymous_old
Something similar was suggested before: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20821

I like your idea, but I don't like the fact that you can lose stars.

I also don't like Hiddenfags. =<

I think the ranking system is fine as it is now. The ranking charts help encourage higher scores in certain maps, if you are worried about that.

-SiN- wrote:

ppl said: ranking is useless..
I feel that way, but I don't think 70% of osu! feels that way.
peppy
I really want to make charts more prominent, as they are actually meaningful as a ranking system. The overall ranking system needs to be toned down in how visible it is.

And no, I don't really agree with this thread (or understand it).
MMzz
I'm not understanding it.
Are the stars given based on your Rank on the map? Or how difficult the map is?
Sun and Lunar
well, i dont understand it enough but i can say if this system wouldn't affect the ranking at anyways

its just simply added a "star system" w/o removing any other things

for example: (sorry if im wrong and make this examples, and sorry if you dont understand it)

A person is #1 10maps with 1star

and

B person is #1 4maps with 3stars

result's

A person have 10stars and B person have 12stars

so we can really say if B person's better even if his #1 less than A person

and yes we can lose this stars, its just like seeing "You has lost first place on somemaps" on your profile page

NB: and maybe because it's called "star system" so its hard to understand, maybe another name will fit in
Dragvon
What if you receive those "stars", not by getting rank #1, but instead, holding it? Like this:

Today "Player" Achieved #1 on "Song".
After a week/month/period holding #1/top 5/top 10 this player received one/more star.

The number of stars given would be proportional to the rank achieved and the time in lead.

Let's say i've got #1 for a whole month, i would receive X stars for being #1 + X stars for holding it for a month.

Now, what would you use this stars for? Pure show-off? Achievments? Buying Stuff? Kudosu 0o?
Sun and Lunar

Dragvon wrote:

What if you receive those "stars", not by getting rank #1, but instead, holding it? Like this:

Today "Player" Achieved #1 on "Song".
After a week/month/period holding #1/top 5/top 10 this player received one/more star.

The number of stars given would be proportional to the rank achieved and the time in lead.

Let's say i've got #1 for a whole month, i would receive X stars for being #1 + X stars for holding it for a month.
lol, i think its imposibble... if a person is hit max score (epic spun, all mods, 100%) then the stars will regenerate countless

Dragvon wrote:

Now, what would you use this stars for? Pure show-off? Achievments? Buying Stuff? Kudosu 0o?
show-off = yes
achievments = yes
buying stuff = no
kudosu = no
H1ko
sweeeeeet
An64fan
I don't like this idea, especially the part where stars are based on your own rank on a map, which itself is based partly on how well other players do. I like the ranking that is in place now over this idea: it better represents achievement based on your own ability, and not on how much or little other players conflict with you (even if the current ranking system has a few flaws and there are some imbalances).
Topic Starter
-SiN-
meh. lets make this clear.. it should be like this

-SiN- wrote:

Points can be obtained by #1 in each beatmap
be the #1 ~ #5 in beatmap
1 star difficulty - 5 points if the player get #1 on a map, 4 points ~#2, etc
2 star difficulties - 10 points if the player get #1 on a map, 9 points ~#2, etc
3 star difficulties - 15 ,14, 13, 12,11
4 star difficulties - 16 ,17 ,18 ,19 ,20
5 star difficulties - 25, 24, 23, 22, 21
so we can see who have the skill instead rank score farming and take a look Jerrysr, Shaggon, Gladi and Cyc. they dont have a chance to be at higher rank when they are good in playing. (if they want to :P)

still we should download and play all the map though BUT taking over the higher rank will not be easy :)

look like only strager who understand what i mean there xD
MegaManEXE
I understand the topic but I don't really like the idea because it overpromotes mod usage. It's hard enough to hold on to #1s these days. :(
Lybydose
All this does is encourage playing lower difficulty maps with flashlight or whatever. None of the people you named would probably be anywhere near the top of the charts; it would just be a bunch of people that play every easy/normal with DT + HR.
MegaManEXE

Lybydose wrote:

All this does is encourage playing lower difficulty maps with flashlight or whatever. None of the people you named would probably be anywhere near the top of the charts; it would just be a bunch of people that play every easy/normal with DT + HR.
Actually yeah this is true
GladiOol
Why points? I don't like the system.
I'd rather just have a button in my profile giving me a list of all my #1 scores on maps.
Topic Starter
-SiN-
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Perhaps support viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12793 instead for more emphasis on higher ranks? :3
qlum
I Prefer the system based on score. but I am for score bonus based on grades (D,C,B,A,S,SS)
Entozer
Revive?
(or should I make a new thread. I don't know the exact policy here.)
This is just my suggestion, but I think the top 50(or how many songs you want) scores should be the one recorded on your rank.
Guy-kun
Don't like it at all, if the top 40players went through every map, they could whore every point possible
Topic Starter
-SiN-

Guy-kun wrote:

Don't like it at all, if the top 40players went through every map, they could whore every point possible
taken from digital sport league
"play hard, go pro"

enough.. this thread should be closed imo