forum

[invalid] Hold "next track" in main menu to fast forward

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Flower
Title explains.

SPOILER
This feature happens in WMP, and other famous music players. It's useful to skip lead-in while previewing the song, and the user don't have to waste time in opening the editor or play it before determining whether the song is nice enough to be played or not.

Above is the reason. The question is, why not? It makes the interface feel more natural.

P.S. I find the progress bar under play buttons can do this, but it's not smooth, and can't position precisely.

P.P.S. Also hold "previous track" to reverse.
Sea_Food

Flower wrote:

The question is, why not?
With this logic so many more suggestions would have been added.

This is not anything I would ever use because I find the thing you mentioned in PS much more useful. Many players that have this feature have it because the previous is not possible.
Topic Starter
Flower

Sea_Food wrote:

Flower wrote:

The question is, why not?
With this logic so many more suggestions would have been added.

This is not anything I would ever use because I find the thing you mentioned in PS much more useful. Many players that have this feature have it because the previous is not possible.
Okay. Reply for your two points.

1. It's useful when user can drag the bar. They can't at the moment. Click, click, click and still can't find the section I want to hear.

2. WMP stands for Windows Media Player, and it has a bar. It's meaningless to say "because we have bar we don't need FF button"
- Marco -
ppy said osu! is not an mp3 player
Topic Starter
Flower

marcostudios wrote:

ppy said osu! is not an mp3 player
The request aims to preview the song. In other words, it is for game play or mapping, not for music playing.
Oinari-sama
The seek bar in the main menu is more than enough for preview purposes. For mapping purposes the editor is more than capable of handling most songs (excl. marathon length).

I don't think it's gonna happen for the reason given in the OP, sorry.