forum

Hey top rankers its a challenge >:D

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JDubble
I don't want to sound cocky, but in any game I play I always head for top ranks so watch out top 10 >:D!

After getting my near impossible thoughts out the way I'm here to especially have fun and listen to interesting songs as I play the game!

Well heyo all and watch out osu! here I come!!!!
piruchan
Welcome to osu!

Top 10 eh? Good luck with that

inb4 shattered dreams
Topic Starter
JDubble

piruchan wrote:

Welcome to osu!

Top 10 eh? Good luck with that

inb4 shattered dreams
Ha lets see whos dreams will be crushed! Bring it osu! >:D
OsuMe65
Yours will. Anyway welcome.
Cerulean Veyron
Welcome, QJB!

Omg, my top 10 ranks is in trouble, pls no ;_;
Topic Starter
JDubble

OsuMe65 wrote:

Yours will. Anyway welcome.
Jeez I was hoping for more encouragement, but I guess my competetive attitude is annoying.

And thanks for the welcome...
Topic Starter
JDubble

Gray Veyron wrote:

Welcome, QJB!

Omg, my top 10 ranks is in trouble, pls no ;_;
Don't mind me I'm just really competetive.

But still watch out!

P.S. I'm mainly playing this game cuz cookiezi said its a good rythm game ;-; "Just dont play too much"
Granger
Welcome, QJB.

Being competive is okay, but try to set realistic goals. All of the top players have been playing for many years and with this attitute naturally "Damnit im not ranking up fast enough" pressure comes, causing you to burn out faster than you realize.
Topic Starter
JDubble

Granger wrote:

Welcome, QJB.

Being competive is okay, but try to set realistic goals. All of the top players have been playing for many years and with this attitute naturally "Damnit im not ranking up fast enough" pressure comes, causing you to burn out faster than you realize.
Thanks for the pro tip. Im not really worried about ranks atm. Im learning how to be fast and accurate.

Ill worry about that after like 3 months training or more...
Kobi_old_1

QJB wrote:

Granger wrote:

Im learning how to be fast and accurate.

Ill worry about that after like 3 months training or more...
Ah man. This is maybe one of the most cringeworthy intro threads I've seen. Ever. Anywhere.
But whatever, I'm a cynical old fart. Anyway, as a three-monther, I just wanted to say even at this point, (and from my own experience, yours might be different) that ranks are still not something I think of at all. I'm still working on accuracy because mine is awful, and I wouldn't say I'm fast at all. You put that kind of claim on the table, "Oh yeah I'm aiming for the top ten!", and like Granger said the pressure will build up and you'll implode.

I mean it's good to have goals, but the important thing is to be realistic with them. For example, right now my own goal is to get into the triple digits in the UK rankings. And even that might be pushing it for my skill level. :')

You sound pretty idealistic and you're probably a good kid, and this game is super duper fun and everything, but if you compare yourself to the top-rankers right from the get-go (which you are doing right now whether you realise it or not) it's going to get really disheartening really quick. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 that I know of has been playing for around three to five years. That's three to five years that they've spent building stamina, map-reading skills, gaining finger strength and speed and control, improving their aim, and so on and so forth. You can't compete with that, and unless you're some sort of vidya prodigy you won't be competing with that for a good while yet.

TL;DR osu! is a rhythm game, don't turn it into a game of catch-up or you'll ruin the fun for yourself and give up.

Either way, welcome. I hope you have fun here in the glorious land of clicky-fast-circle-clicking.
Vuelo Eluko
i hope you arent aiming for top 10 mania because i can 100% guarantee it won't be possible by only playing mania itself because of the reasons Drace outlined in this thread t/224534

Otherwise, good luck, Statistically speaking, there IS a 1/483062.1 chance you eventually end up on the top 10 going off the current # of users.
Kobi_old_1

Riince wrote:

i hope you arent aiming for top 10 mania because i can 100% guarantee it won't be possible by only playing mania itself because of the reasons Drace outlined in this thread t/224534

Otherwise, good luck, Statistically speaking, there IS a 1/483062.1 chance you eventually end up on the top 10 going off the current # of users.
That was possibly the best thing I've seen all week.
Kazutakee
Yo QJB and welcome to osu!
If I should give you a tip then it would be to go for many small goals first. You could say that getting top #10 worlds would be your main goal, but try to put it to be like

*Example*
goals:
Top 100k
Top 90k
Top 80k etc. etc.

That way when you achieve your first goal you will get a confidence boost and go super happy for the next goal.
I cant make myself play AR9 DoubleTime ( Its too hard ;_; ), and If the pro's does that with + Hidden and good accuracy, then I still have a looooooooong way ( Been playing for 15 months btw )

Anyways enjoy your stay and good luck with your journey ^^
You have my support
Topic Starter
JDubble
[/quote]Ah man. This is maybe one of the most cringeworthy intro threads I've seen. Ever. Anywhere.
But whatever, I'm a cynical old fart. Anyway, as a three-monther, I just wanted to say even at this point, (and from my own experience, yours might be different) that ranks are still not something I think of at all. I'm still working on accuracy because mine is awful, and I wouldn't say I'm fast at all. You put that kind of claim on the table, "Oh yeah I'm aiming for the top ten!", and like Granger said the pressure will build up and you'll implode.

I mean it's good to have goals, but the important thing is to be realistic with them. For example, right now my own goal is to get into the triple digits in the UK rankings. And even that might be pushing it for my skill level. :')

You sound pretty idealistic and you're probably a good kid, and this game is super duper fun and everything, but if you compare yourself to the top-rankers right from the get-go (which you are doing right now whether you realise it or not) it's going to get really disheartening really quick. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 that I know of has been playing for around three to five years. That's three to five years that they've spent building stamina, map-reading skills, gaining finger strength and speed and control, improving their aim, and so on and so forth. You can't compete with that, and unless you're some sort of vidya prodigy you won't be competing with that for a good while yet.

TL;DR osu! is a rhythm game, don't turn it into a game of catch-up or you'll ruin the fun for yourself and give up.

Either way, welcome. I hope you have fun here in the glorious land of clicky-fast-circle-clicking.[/quote]

I understand, but I'm still willing to take a challenge.

But you do have a point. So right now im just having fun playing the game.
And thanks for the welcome!
Topic Starter
JDubble

Kazutakee wrote:

Yo QJB and welcome to osu!
If I should give you a tip then it would be to go for many small goals first. You could say that getting top #10 worlds would be your main goal, but try to put it to be like

*Example*
goals:
Top 100k
Top 90k
Top 80k etc. etc.

That way when you achieve your first goal you will get a confidence boost and go super happy for the next goal.
I cant make myself play AR9 DoubleTime ( Its too hard ;_; ), and If the pro's does that with + Hidden and good accuracy, then I still have a looooooooong way ( Been playing for 15 months btw )

Anyways enjoy your stay and good luck with your journey ^^
You have my support
Oh I see thanks for the useful tip! Right now Im just enjoying the game!
Topic Starter
JDubble

Riince wrote:

i hope you arent aiming for top 10 mania because i can 100% guarantee it won't be possible by only playing mania itself because of the reasons Drace outlined in this thread https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/224534

Aw I see your one of those math people. :O right now im just enjoying the game...

Thanks for the useful tip?
[ Nana ]
Welcome!

I suggest you try and have fun simply playing the game - your ranks will go up over time, since the more you play, the more experience you get, the better the results will be. Then you can try to polish the skills and beat your scores over and over... Just don't be too competitive. As people stated already, it can really burn your motivation out.

I myself am not really aiming to be a top ranker - I'm just playing because it's really fun, and I heavily doubt I'll ever reach the heights of people like sayonara-bye, WWW, brainslugs etc. But it's still motivating to see my rank go from #230k to #76k in 40 days.

So, just keep on playing, keep on improving, and don't overdo it - you'll be just fine!
Topic Starter
JDubble

[ Nana ] wrote:

Welcome!

I suggest you try and have fun simply playing the game - your ranks will go up over time, since the more you play, the more experience you get, the better the results will be. Then you can try to polish the skills and beat your scores over and over... Just don't be too competitive. As people stated already, it can really burn your motivation out.

I myself am not really aiming to be a top ranker - I'm just playing because it's really fun, and I heavily doubt I'll ever reach the heights of people like sayonara-bye, WWW, brainslugs etc. But it's still motivating to see my rank go from #230k to #76k in 40 days.

So, just keep on playing, keep on improving, and don't overdo it - you'll be just fine!
Thank you. And thx for the tips. Ill have fun first! :D
CoolChris
I'm still on my way ;) good luck!

don't get demotivated
Topic Starter
JDubble

CoolChris wrote:

I'm still on my way ;) good luck!

don't get demotivated
Thanks for the encouragement! And question. Is it possible to add friends on osu?
CoolChris
of course! i'l add ya so we can play sometime! ^_^

edit: you can add in game by clicking their name or go to their profile and under the picture it says add friend
Topic Starter
JDubble

CoolChris wrote:

of course! i'l add ya so we can play sometime! ^_^

edit: you can add in game by clicking their name or go to their profile and under the picture it says add friend
Oh cool ty and im looking foward too playing with you :D