forum

[duplicate] o!D/Song Select Search, One-Click delete, loading/songselect

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cancel
These are some ideas I had in mind.

1. Searching for language or genre.

Like on the website, there are options to choose which maps to show. Osu!Standard, Osu!Taiko, et cetera. But when searching for a map in-game, the player should be able to do this. For example:

lang>English
genre>Pop

It would be easier to filter the maps you want to play, edit or delete. Same goes for o!D (osu!Direct). But for o!D, why not try to implement the same buttons as on the website? Image:

And when you press one (ex. Genre), a pop-up menu opens up:

(Display and Mode already exist, so you can ignore those two)

2. One-hit delete

This actually means, that if you search for something, a button appears next to the search bar (song select), which says "Delete all maps" (searched for). If you press it, osu! will ask for a confirmation.

3. Customizable loading screen background/Customizable song select background

Basically, this means that you can customize the rotating circle on the loading screen, with a sprite (can be animated), and also the background of it.

The song selection background can be set to one image that doesn't change upon song hit.

(Little unclear. What I mean, is that i am clicking on 2013 in 10 minutes, but the background stays on the one i set.)

And the bars (top/bottom) on the song select screen, should be customisable too.

Well, those were my ideas. Hope at least one is featurable.
Ayachi-
The delete all map search button, wish I can disable that thing in option
Or I may delete a bunch of maps by accident
Topic Starter
Cancel

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

The delete all map search button, wish I can disable that thing in option
Or I may delete a bunch of maps by accident
If you press it, osu! will ask for a confirmation.
Piine
First. I think its recommended that you keep all your requests seperate. Only one request per post if I remember correctly.

I will give you some feedback most of your requests.

The one hit delete seems to be kinda wierd. I rather we had a hotkey we just have to press to delete maps in the beatmap selection.

Pretty sure peppy would flat out say no for a customized loading screen. I know song selection bars are customizable. The bottom bar below (which supports the osu logo and the login insigina) has already been requested if I remember correctly and was declined.
R11_old_1
I like the idea of being able to search for a certain language / genre in game
Arcanine
I like your third suggestion because as a skinner, I'd love to be able to customize even more than what we can.
Oinari-sama
I appreciate you spending time PS examples but a lot of those have already been asked before:

Cancel wrote:

1. Searching for language or genre.
t/24580
t/43328
t/134825
t/123175
t/181035

Cancel wrote:

2. One-hit delete
t/224601

Cancel wrote:

3. Customizable loading screen background/Customizable song select background
t/194022

Also next time,

Guidelines:

[*]Make a thorough effort to search for related requests (using the search feature). If a similar request already exists, bump or post the thread with amendments to it. Also, check the changelog to see if a request is already in the test release.
[*]Keep to one request per topic.