1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
what if i have brain problems and my fingers wont do what my brain tells them to
posted

phonics wrote:

what if i have brain problems and my fingers wont do what my brain tells them to
then you wouldn't be able to even install osu!
posted
Man, its all about the time you put into the game and how much you want to become good, theres also abit of skill involved too obviously. Let´s not look too much into it.

What you are saying may be good to improve yourself, but become "pro"? well that´s another thing.
posted

Ichi wrote:

Man, its all about the time you put into the game and how much you want to become good, theres also abit of skill involved too obviously. Let´s not look too much into it.
i lose sleep over how much i want to get better
yet still suck
posted
this should be stickied
posted
so deep
i'm still falling

















fuck
posted

gadrin wrote:

phonics wrote:

what if i have brain problems and my fingers wont do what my brain tells them to
then you wouldn't be able to even install osu!
my brain problems only affect my ability to click circles
posted

Zare wrote:

so deep
i'm still falling

















fuck
posted
my brain problems only affect my ability to click circles
If you managed to go as far, you will be able to get even further. Don't cap yourself.

Man, its all about the time you put into the game and how much you want to become good, theres also abit of skill involved too obviously. Let´s not look too much into it.

What you are saying may be good to improve yourself, but become "pro"? well that´s another thing.
What i'm trying to say is that some people tend to be very down about some aspects in the game that they do bad at, or by the fact that they can't do something so well.
posted
osu! Is whatever you make of it, but honestly if you think depressingly like this how are you supposed to be entertained by this game. The point of a game is to entertain you; not consume you.
posted

Dexus wrote:

osu! Is whatever you make of it, but honestly if you think depressingly like this how are you supposed to be entertained by this game. The point of a game is to entertain you; not consume you.
I find joy in accomplishment.
posted
I started getting better in osu! after I said to myself: "why do I even try? I'm always gonna suck at this". Make no mistake - I still suck, but I'm way better than I used to be and the whole thing is a lot more fun to do.
So I mostly agree with you except for one point: it's not the secret of being pro. It's the secret of enjoying the game.
posted

OneArmedScissor wrote:

I started getting better in osu! after I said to myself: "why do I even try? I'm always gonna suck at this". Make no mistake - I still suck, but I'm way better and I used to be and the whole thing is a lot more fun to do.
So I mostly agree with you except for one point: it's not the secret of being pro. It's the secret of enjoying the game.
wish i knew how to have fun
i play just to get better
posted

gadrin wrote:

I find joy in accomplishment.
This is so true.
posted

Riince wrote:

i play just to get better
That's why you don't have fun.
posted
Master yourself, master the enemy.
posted
So, I know I'm bad. If I have hit a wall because I don't know how to improve/ what part to focus on to get better, does that mean my willpower is lacking or that my knowledge is lacking?
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

So, I know I'm bad. If I have hit a wall because I don't know how to improve/ what part to focus on to get better, does that mean my willpower is lacking or that my knowledge is lacking?
It is usually a mix of both, but you have to realise that 99% of the time, you definitely haven't reached your limit. Also, if you hit a wall, sometimes it is a good idea to take a break.

Always remember, the only way to improve is to play.
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

So, I know I'm bad. If I have hit a wall because I don't know how to improve/ what part to focus on to get better, does that mean my willpower is lacking or that my knowledge is lacking?
You never reach a wall, it was just a figure of speech i used to help emphasize my point, that when you think you are bad, that means there is room for imporvement, basically this means you will always be bad, and people ironically think that this means they hit a wall, where in reality it is quite the opposite.


Ask yourself the question, why are you bad? Then based on the answer, move on.
posted
The secret of being pro;

Play more
show more
Please sign in to reply.