forum

Time spent in editor (mapping) (excluding AFK time)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Norb
The only statistic on our profiles concerning mapping is the "Total Kudosu Earned" value.

It'd be cool if we could see how much time a player has spent in the editor (excluding AFK time of course). Might seem a bit pointless to start counting this now, but at this moment I'm dying to know how many days or hours famous mappers have spent in the editor, and compare them, etc. Unfortunately it's impossible, but nothing stops this dream to become reality in the future, the sooner this gets implemented the better.

Would be a cool feature allowing to judge how fast a mapper has improved (natural talent or not). Or maybe they just cant get a grasp of the concept of mapping that fast (like myself).

And before you say "Just look at how many maps the mapper has submitted": remember that a lot of mappers delete their maps, or sometimes don't even submit them.

Anyway statistics is awesome and I hope you agree with me. Make this happen, thanks. :D
Zare
Yey

statistics
Jenny
Somewhere around 1000-1500+ hours, I guess.

Yes, that's a lot.
Oinari-sama
There's a request for counting Total Time Online and it's got tons of stars at the moment. Maybe ask for separate counter in that thread instead?

Someone already posted similar comments:

xasuma wrote:

would this count idle/afk time? The timer could vary tremendously if you considered those.

personally I think it shouldn't . It should only count 'time in a beatmap /editing/modding/multiplayer (basically when you are active) . Because many people leave their games on all day/night.
Liiraye
I don't see how that's possible if your goal is to compare exising or preexisting mappers because they time spent hasn't been recorded (unless pepsi has a bot of that sort).

Starting a counter now wouldn't really provide any useful statistics imo.
Houtarou Oreki
@bump
Bara-
Yes please
Sandy Hoey
I don't do any mapping, but just a question. How would you distinguish whether a mapper is afk or not. There could be a set amount of time where there is no movement and then the person is considered afk, but that set time would still add up to distort the total stat
Nathanael

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don't do any mapping, but just a question. How would you distinguish whether a mapper is afk or not. There could be a set amount of time where there is no movement and then the person is considered afk, but that set time would still add up to distort the total stat
Maybe the way to check is if the user is at the beatmap editor, osu! is the foreground window, user's cursor and/or keyboard has interaction with the objects.
I suppose a minute is considerable to declare a user is away.
Bara-
You get set at afk after 3(?) minutes of inactivity
It doesn't matter where you are afaik
I have seen multiple people in the editor, suddenly going black (for afk) and once they 'come back' they are immediately in the editor