forum

Come get rekt in vocabulary! (BombParty)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pinguefy
Hi all, I found this competitive word game that I think could use a bit more attention. It's a strange mix of something that can be best explained as a mix between Scrabble and Hot Potato.

It's free and browser based, I'll be playing here: http://bombparty.sparklinlabs.com/play/English

The gist of the game is the create a word around a prompt given.

So in the image, the prompt being "acc," acceptable responses include "accentuation" or "vaccination" but not "cicada"

Also, we'll be playing in English, I just took a screenshot from a French room because it was what was available at the time d:
Ceph23
This looks like something I would play just to pass time.
I should try this.

Although the availability of the internet makes this game less interesting.
Topic Starter
Pinguefy

Ceph23 wrote:

This looks like something I would play just to pass time.
I should try this.

Although the availability of the internet makes this game less interesting.
Well, the game is meant to be something of "competitive multiplayer." A friend of mine actually coded a singleplayer version too though, haha.

Most people see it as something to pass the time, but it's strangely addictive...

Thanks for the reply. ^^
Zelthra
come watch a bunch of nerds use the same words over and over again to get more letters
Gumpy
Sounds like i have to use my brain to play so I will pass.
Topic Starter
Pinguefy

Zelthra wrote:

come watch a bunch of nerds use the same words over and over again to get more letters
So this is how your use your first post, to slander me. qq

Zelthra pls.

Gumpyyy wrote:

Sounds like i have to use my brain to play so I will pass.
Heh, I suppose. But it's more mindless than you might expect, it becomes pretty meditative at a certain point. ^^