forum

[duplicate] Forcing mono sound output feature

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
WujekGrzyb
Hello!
I think it should be choosen by player ingame if you want to hear music dual or mono channeled.
Why?
Some players use only one headphone while second is taken off to hear environment and own keyboard.
When player mentioned above plays a map to the song encoded stereo and there comes track (on second channel) that mapper used to follow it's rythm, it's kinda awkward when you realize you should swap your headphones D: Yeah, it's very uncomfortable when you play to muted part of the song.
So here comes my idea; make a checkbox or something to manage channels used in song. It can be in options panel or in song settings either can be binded to keyboard keys (like local offsets - tricky hidden feature :P).
Bad thing I can't find ranked map that makes such problem :P (but I know there are).
Of course mapper can convert mp3 to make each channel the same content. But why limit 3d effects to players that actually use full-headphones?
Oinari-sama
Duplicate t/207358
Topic Starter
WujekGrzyb
Not at all, this thread focus on mixing channels of whole output, not only hitsounds..
Oinari-sama
When will people learn that OP isn't the only place where ideas are generated? =.=

From linked thread:

Ryu Sei wrote:

Or, instead add option like "Use mono output instead of stereo".
That'd be great.
Go add your ideas there instead of creating duplicates please.