forum

[CTB] Weekend tournament NO.1 [Canceled]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rinai_old
Canceled.

Hello guys!

I've got an idea to make CTB tournament.

Tournament matches will be 1v1 - 2 wins on different maps to win the match. In final match you will need 3 wins.
Maps will be selected by me. I'll choose 3 maps which u play, only final round will be different.
In final round - I'll choose only first map, other map will be selected by player who got better performance in semifinals and the next one by his opponent.
I'll write every round in this forum which mods are available on which map.
If you see your opponent, write him and make a room in Multiplayer. If ur opponent doesn't come 15 minutes after first round starts, write it in message and send it to me.
If u win your round you must send me screenshots of all matches.

Well, this is amateur tournament so prizes will be:
1. Signature - First CTB WT Winner (ur name)
2. Banner - CTB WT NO. 1 (ur name) Second place
3. Banner - CTB WT NO. 1 (ur name) Third place

End of registration will be: 1.8.2014 at 10:30 a.m.
First round will start: 1.8.2014 at 13:00

This tournament is limited to 32 people. All spots are available right now.

Registration - send me a message that u want register to WT.
If its filled I'll stop registration and post brackets with match-ups here.
Start time of tournament will be same.

If someone want to help me, don't be shy and send me a message. I'll appreciate new ideas how to improve this as well.

Map selectors (except me) are:
TeruTeru
Kisetsunotori
----------------------
CLSW
Oh wow, seems interesting.

Good luck!
Negri_sk
Hype ~
Yukiteru Amano
Yay ;W;
DragonSlayer96
so is that 13:00 your time then?
TeruTeru
Good luck with this, not many ctb tournaments and I suppose this can be helpful for the new players.
You should consider putting the limit of rank one should be since you're calling it "amateur tournament", and possibly finding map selectors instead of choosing everything yourself.
DragonSlayer96

TeruTeru wrote:

Good luck with this, not many ctb tournaments and I suppose this can be helpful for the new players.
You should consider putting the limit of rank one should be since you're calling it "amateur tournament", and possibly finding map selectors instead of choosing everything yourself.
I agree. I don't want someone like CLSW coming in and dominating the tournament. I also want it to be a random set that is appropriate for the skill level of who is entering the tournament.
Topic Starter
Rinai_old
@DragonSlayer96:
The GMT current time is Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:37:09 GMT
You are currently at GMT+/--2:00
--- this is my timezone.

@TeruTeru: Yes, I though about that too, but not many new players are reading forums, so maybe if this goes well I'll add some rank restrictions in other WAT. And thx.
If u have some people who can i ask to become a map selectors, feel free to write 'em.:)

EDIT: Rank restriction added + players who join till now are in as well (that rank restriction doesn't affect 'em).
TeruTeru

Rinai wrote:

@TeruTeru: Yes, I though about that too, but not many new players are reading forums, so maybe if this goes well I'll add some rank restrictions in other WAT. And thx.
If u have some people who can i ask to become a map selectors, feel free to write 'em.:)
So I guess no restriction

Rinai wrote:

if this goes well I'll add some rank restrictions in other WAT.
I guess first you should make the rules better, the format as well. try asking Weez for permission to use his format for the 3v3 tournament since it worked out well and there was little problems besides the streaming. If you really can't find any map selectors just try asking in #ctb or even possibly asking the past map selectors and see if they're interested.
Edit: I just read your update, there is restrictions~
Yukiteru Amano
I vote no for rank restrictions!
Topic Starter
Rinai_old
Edited!

1. Rank restriction updated.
2. Tournament renamed. (deleted - amateur)
3. Map selectors. - added
Yukiteru Amano
I understand i can't join, but 20k rank is way to low xd Make it something like 1,5k-2k-40k or something. You will never have enough players with those restrictions otherwise :)
Topic Starter
Rinai_old
Well...
I must close it right now.