forum

[invalid] PP progression graph

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Semi recently there was a thread here that got really a lot of negative comments, so here is a suggestion that is kind of the opposite. In people profile pages you can see graph of how the players rank has progressed during the past 90 days. How about show make a toggle to see pp change over 90days.
jesse1412
I don't really see the point, raw pp values don't matter. Rank does.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

jesus1412 wrote:

hello I have an opinion
jesse1412

Sea_Food wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

hello I have an opinion
And if your opinion is bad we shoot it down here so that it doesn't waste dev time.
buny
like jesse said, rank matters because it gives you a rank according to other players as it is relative

raw pp graphs can also be misleading as changes to pp formula changes a lot and so fluxes of pp is not uncommon leading to random graphs and a lot more people unaware of updates to "question" these fluxes

you should be able to tell if a player improved by their increase of rank anyway, since rank is determined by pp.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

buny wrote:

like jesse said, rank matters because it gives you a rank according to other players as it is relative

raw pp graphs can also be misleading as changes to pp formula changes a lot and so fluxes of pp is not uncommon leading to random graphs and a lot more people unaware of updates to "question" these fluxes

you should be able to tell if a player improved by their increase of rank anyway, since rank is determined by pp.
Yes rank is your performance relative to other people which is fine. But that graph shows the change of rank which means your progression in relative to the progression of other people which I dont find important. Like you can improve at this game constantly and still go down ranks. This is a problem because you could also be not improving and the graph would look about the same, its impossible to tell. What good is a graph that does not tell anything? The point is that "progression of other people" is an unknown variable unless the person is like in top 20, and those things are bad. Compared to pp graph which would have none.

Also your claims of pp changes making spikes in the graph is pretty much a non argument as they have the same effect in the current system.
Oinari-sama
Like others, I don't see a point in knowing pp changes so I don't see a point in this request.

Besides, peppy has been trying hard to shift the attention away from raw pp and put more emphasis on ranks for the past few years, which can be found in the Performance Point Changelog.

Marking thread based on the above.
Vuelo Eluko
id like to see how pp changes in according to global rank. for example, the number where PP and Rank intersect and how thats changed over 90 days. and how fast it increases at certain ranks. i.e to show how 20k is changing by 30 pp every 2 weeks or something
qwr
It's a shame this idea was shot down so quickly by someone who couldn't see the value in it. Fortunately, osu!track offers the functionality (though you must have visited the site for it to collect data).
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads please