forum

[added] Video Offset Fine Tuner

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Based somewhat off this old thread: t/123781 (Note this is Tech Support, not FR!)

I couldn't find a duplicate, so here I go. I swear there must be one out there though.

DO NOT STAR THIS FOR 48 HOURS

Basically in the Design tab, it is extremely hard to get correct offsets for your video because the slider works about 90ms per tick, and it is set numbers.

You can always edit it in the .osu folder but this leaves the problem of having to exit out of your map, reload it, only to find the offset is still another 30ish off, and you repeat this process for a dozen or so tries.

So what I propose is a few different things.

1. A Pop-up
You can do this by clicking on the "Video Offset" text and have a pop-up similar to the Jump-to pop-up when you click on the bottom left timestamp

2. Arrow Keys
After clicking the ball to adjust the offset, you can then use the arrow keys to fine tune it (Much like how you can do this in the options menu for cursor speed)

3. Arrows
Have some sort of arrows on the side that you can click

Any other ideas would be great.
SyraxAxoJaxco

Lanturn wrote:

Based somewhat off this old thread: t/123781
I just hope that this request won't be confirmed in low priority (like in Lanturn's link), because this is right. I mean, how to tell this request is right (Explanation,Image). And i agree, TOTALLY by this request. But i recommend the second method.
MillhioreF
I'm working on this (mostly ready, but needs a bit more tweaking and QA internally). Will use arrow keys on hover.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Oh awesome! Thanks Millhiore!

Arrow keys on hover actually works nicely.

Edit. I just tested it out. This is great! Thanks for adding it.
Lizami

Lanturn wrote:

Oh awesome! Thanks Millhiore!

Arrow keys on hover actually works nicely.

Edit. I just tested it out. This is great! Thanks for adding it.
Oinari-sama
Yup added!

Arrow key on hover for +/- 10ms, hold SHIFT for +/- 1ms.