forum

Taiko help~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iiyo
Hi I'm very new to Taiko and I think it looks very fun and challenging, can you explain to me the type of players there is? and what is good and or bad to learn, thanks!
Juuryoushin
Hello there ! (Great rank in CtB huh)

Storm- wrote:

can you explain to me the type of players there is?
What do you mean precisely ? I don't get it, are you talking about "type of players" in term of what mode / difficulty /any specific thing they do the most ?

Storm- wrote:

and what is good and or bad to learn, thanks!
You have to find a key config that suits you the most, as in every mode. Once you think you found a good one, get used to your new config by playing "Easy" difficulties (I mean the autoconvert ones, not those with the right Taiko icon) or Kantan/Futsuu difficulties. (It stands for Easy / Normal in a rough order.)

I guess that the most useful thing to do first is to follow this training manual right here.

As for how you have to progress, well..... There are many ways. Play various maps in order to learn more patterns, or play a selected group of maps you like till you totally master them. (Not autoconverts though)

If you like what you're playing, that's good. Do not focus too much on how many pp you have or your own skill, you could be discouraged very quickly.

That's all I can say for now.

btw I'm love with your nickname. >///<
Topic Starter
iiyo
Thanks! for the help!
Matsushita_old
Hello everyone, dudes! I have 2 question. 1: I'm kddk player, leading hand - right, driven - left - сan I learn to play left-handed as well as right? I's first. Question two: i can FC maps with BPM > 250 and AR ~ 7-8, but i can not FC maps with BPM < 250. gist of question: what should I do to get to the next level?
Dolphin
AR doesn't exist on taiko lmao
Matsushita_old

Dolphin wrote:

all answer? :c
roufou

Matsushita wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

your best bet might be is to make maps that challenge you
Dolphin

Matsushita wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

yes.

what i mean is that Approach Rate and Circle Size has NO effect on taiko maps. What determines the scroll speed in taiko is Slider Velocity, whereas (not quite but not far off) all taiko maps use SV 1.40~1.60. A few maps make exceptions. (Especially if they're extremely high bpm, or very low)

So in the end, what determines the speed on taiko is BPM mostly.