community forum

keyboard ghost T_T

posted
Total Posts
18
show more
Frostei
Well I kinda meant as in ranked maps rather than unranked. OP should have no problems then unless he wants to play unranked stuff.
Drace
If you tried all the combinations you can then no-can-do. Gotta get a new keyboard to overcome that KRO limitation. (Or if you're VERY lucky, a PS/2 adapter MIGHT do the trick. Depends on how the keyboard's motherboard was engineered. I'd guess in your case the odds are rather low though)

Through USB, you end up sacrificing input speed when going over 6kro (AKA you get more more input lag). But it's against the ranking criteria to have maps that requires you to press 7 keys or more at once. 6kro is all you need.

But it's still a good idea to invest on an NKRO keyboard (PS/2 recommended because you won't get input lag) to enjoy all the unranked goodies. Otherwise you're kinda missing out on the best stuff ;)

KRO and ghosting is two completely different things. In this case we're talking about KRO, key roll-over, how many keys can be pressed at once. Ghosting is when certain key combination activate MORE keys than it's supposed to, aka activating "ghost keys". It's not a problem modern keyboards have anymore but keyboard companies like to employ the term anyways for marketing reasons because it sounds cool.
Granger

darrrzzz wrote:

Granger wrote:

You can try rebinding your keys, try something like A,S,D, (space), U, I, O as example.

If that still wont work, your issue isnt directly key ghosting but a limintation on how many keys in total your keyboard can process, in this case you got no option other than buying a better keyboard.
are cheap keyboards always like this? does expensive mechanical keyboards like razer have this kind of problem too?
I dont know which keyboards keyboards on the market are good and which bad, so i cant really comment on that.

But Ghosting is always an issue for any keyboard (unless you're taking those totally exteme keyboards, more to that later). Thats because the way the contact stripes work. More info here, along with nice helpfull images.

Most gaming keyboards with anti ghosting technology got more contactstripes in certain areas, (usually q w e r a s d f y x c v area), more extreme keyboards have such a system for all keys, but those are extremely expensive (its almost like putting 2 or more keyboards into one afterall!) and not really neccesary, even for gaming.

However, you said that you cant press a 7th key regardless of settings, thus i belive your issue is not ghosting, but rather a technical limint, which only really bad keyboards have that low.

TL;DR: Not neccesarily for ghosting but yes for the tech. limint.
silmarilen

Drace wrote:

KRO and ghosting is two completely different things. In this case we're talking about KRO, key roll-over, how many keys can be pressed at once. Ghosting is when certain key combination activate MORE keys than it's supposed to, aka activating "ghost keys". It's not a problem modern keyboards have anymore but keyboard companies like to employ the term anyways for marketing reasons because it sounds cool.
actually ghosting is when certain key combinations dont work, even tho they havent hit the limit of what your keyboard can handle.
Topic Starter
Ethereal-
hmm so being able to press 6 keys at once is good enough already?
Drace

silmarilen wrote:

actually ghosting is when certain key combinations dont work, even tho they havent hit the limit of what your keyboard can handle.
Nope

Microsoft over-simplified and unified everything under "ghosting" but in reality there's 3 different things in play in that document; Roll-over, blocking and ghosting.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Rollover,_b ... d_ghosting

These are the terms use in their correct senses and you can further look up hardware engineer conceptual and research documents from back when alternatives to these matrix problems were being designed. And that's also how the terms were used.

darrrzzz wrote:

hmm so being able to press 6 keys at once is good enough already?
yeah you can even get 1st on any map with 6KRO
Granger

Drace wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

actually ghosting is when certain key combinations dont work, even tho they havent hit the limit of what your keyboard can handle.
Nope

Microsoft over-simplified and unified everything under "ghosting" but in reality there's 3 different things in play in that document; Roll-over, blocking and ghosting.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Rollover,_b ... d_ghosting

These are the terms use in their correct senses and you can further look up hardware engineer conceptual and research documents from back when alternatives to these matrix problems were being designed. And that's also how the terms were used.
TIL the correct therms for this, altough i knew about the mechanics behind it before.

I still wouldnt advise someone to buy a NKRO though, they're helluvia expensive and in the most cases uneccesary, 10KRO is enough.
Akebono

darrrzzz wrote:

are cheap keyboards always like this? does expensive mechanical keyboards like razer have this kind of problem too?
DAMN IT !! KEYBOARD GW CUMA 20 RIBU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Topic Starter
Ethereal-

egas00 wrote:

darrrzzz wrote:

are cheap keyboards always like this? does expensive mechanical keyboards like razer have this kind of problem too?
DAMN IT !! KEYBOARD GW CUMA 20 RIBU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waw bisa pencet 7 key?
Akebono

darrrzzz wrote:

waw bisa pencet 7 key?
yes




from google
zwoots
You say you've tried many key combinations, but have you tried:

Lshift, z, x, space, >, ?, Rshift

?

I have 6 key rollover with mechanical keyboard because lolusb but this key combination allows me to hit 7 keys at once.

I also have one for 8 key, for whatever little that's worth.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply