forum

Resolution for mouse user?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rilex_old
Hi!

I am currently a mouse user and have recently started playing insane, but I have noticed something.
The thing is that i use 800 DPI and the resolution of 1920x1080 and I have noticed that the jumps are too far away sometimes,
which makes it hard to hit with such high resolution.

The question is, should I lower my resolution to get better accuracy?

I am also using the mouse "Razer Deathadder 2013" which is considered one of the best mouses for OSU.
iaceo
Lowering the resolution would give you a smaller play field, its basically the same as increasing your sensitivity..

So! You would need smaller moves to reach, so far you're on track with the resolution lowering.. However you wont get better accuracy, by changing to a smaller playfield your moves will have to be more precise to hit the circles.

So.. instead of asking yourself what the optimum resolution is.. We might as well talk some sensitivity into you (sorry.. pun)
There are great players who use a lower DPI than you
There are great players who use a higher DPI than you

Its a much discussed topic so i wont share my personal opinion..
http://ask.fm/kriers/answer/105195701676
Here is a text by kriers on the subject, pulled from this t/224751 thread~

Let the "play more"s begin
Weed
preference
Blueprint
Go 1366x768 or smaller if you can deal with the tiny boring screen
B1rd
move your hand more.
Noobsicle
i'm fairly certain you can change your dpi by increments of 50/100 with the razer mouse driver software

experiment with 900-1000dpi
Kaeru
I play in 1920x1080 full screen. I use a higher DPI though (1600 DPI with 1.3x sensitivity). I would stay in full screen and just increase your DPI to your liking. Also, 800 DPI is perfectly fine, even at that resolution. You just need to get used to it.
Sophia
Personally, I have a mouse with a fixed DPI and use Raw Input. I don't really feel a lot of difference from my fullscreen size (1366x7680 to a 800x600 resolution setup.

If I'm doing other stuff, I usually go 800x600 resolution because I want to be able to tab/see other windows better. Honestly, the reason as to why I use osu!'s resolution the way I do almost never has anything to do with osu.
Raniemi
I have the same settings as you and I'm sure you will get used to it if you play more jumpy maps. If you lower your resolution, it is the same as increasing sensitivity so you might as well just increase your DPI if you don't want to get used to it.
KagamiHRS
Lowering resolution is like increasing DPI (smaller playing field)
I play at 1920x1080 at 1080 DPI (1200 DPI, 0.9x sens.)
Basically, 1.00 Screen Per Inch (SPI) (SPI is mouse DPI divided by vertical game resolution)
timemon

Blueprint wrote:

Go 1366x768 or smaller if you can deal with the tiny boring screen
I didn't choose the 1366x768, the 1366x768 chose me.
Madokami
I have no problems playing with 450dpi @1920x1200
FrzR

davstr wrote:

I have no problems playing with 450dpi @1920x1200
That drag. o.o

I'm running on 1024x600 res with 1000dpi. Good enough for me.
Venitros
I play with 2000DPI, raw input on, sensitivity 1. My resolution is 1920x1080. Increasing your DPI will probably make you miss a lot of notes at first and make you want to switch back, but you should at least play a day with the new DPI. I'd say that a DPI of over 1000 is good for fullscreen 1920x1080, but that's just personal preference. Experiment with different DPI settings. I would recommend to start with 1600DPI.
Breiz

Rilex wrote:

I am also using the mouse "Razer Deathadder 2013" which is considered one of the best mouses for OSU.
top shekel

no
nrl
Fullscreen, always.
Kookiezi_old_1
mucrosoft ime 3.0 have fun