forum

When osu! goes mainstream...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlackMidKnight
Ever wonder what will happen to osu! when it will achieve so much popularity like today's trending games...

Here is my guess:
1. Beatmap, beatmapping, streaming and other osu-related words will be included on a dictionary
2. Worldwide tournaments and sponsors
3. New players would likely to ask in the feature request for ports
4. Non-working cheats (more likely spam) for osu! will be uploaded to the internet
5. osu! will accumulate over 10 million users
6. Some periperals will have a osu branding on it
7. osu! will change... definitely (including the community)

What do you think? I hope this won't happen :P
Vuelo Eluko
never gonna happen thank god

but if it does a LOT more maps than already have will be taken off the websites because of copyright claims.
kirueggy
Hopefully the people I know and fucking hate to oblivion at my school don't ever find out about this game... and my profile
Corin

We're already technically mainstream,.
Vuelo Eluko

Corin wrote:

We're already technically mainstream,.
8000 online now isnt even WoW private server tier let alone mainstream

total users is a completely worthless metric. should just show active.
AutoMedic
if we're mainstream, then we should have at least 1,000,000+ online users everyday

That won't happen tho'
Trauter
This
AutoMedic

Trauter wrote:

This
ohgod
Raniemi
I don't think there are enough people that are interested into osu for it to go mainstream :(
piruchan

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

but if it does a LOT more maps than already have will be taken off the websites because of copyright claims.
I agree.

Also, don't forget the amount of multi accounts. And we are not allowed to ask for ports at feature request (at the moment).
AutoMedic
A PSVITA port of osu would be the best thing that might happen on my life

but the chances are surprisingly low so yeah

about .1%
leepdesu

Sonatora wrote:

A PSVITA port of osu would be the best thing that might happen on my life

but the chances are surprisingly low so yeah

about .1%
but who would buy a f2p on pc game?
Mofu kun
It would be terrible to deal with copyright claims.
LuigiHann

ashketchum1234 wrote:

3. New players would likely to ask in the feature request for ports
Hey that's been happening since day one

ashketchum1234 wrote:

6. Some periperals will have a osu branding on it
http://store.ppy.sh/store/product/1 :)
Kouya-
At the same time I do would like it to be mainstream and yet, I kind of don't want to .

For one,

MoF10 wrote:

And another,

Raniemi wrote:

I don't think there are enough people that are interested into osu for it to go mainstream :(
Also,

kirukashi wrote:

Hopefully the people I know and fucking hate to oblivion at my school don't ever find out about this game... and my profile
And finally,

Trauter wrote:

This
Magicphoenix
When that day comes, R.I.P. German osu! community
Cocaine dog

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

At the same time I do would like it to be mainstream and yet, I kind of don't want to .

For one,

MoF10 wrote:

And another,

Raniemi wrote:

Also,

kirukashi wrote:

And finally,

Trauter wrote:

This

I agree with you, but still I wouldn't mind more people / if some of my closer friends would start aswell, or people nearby.
silmarilen

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

kirukashi wrote:

Hopefully the people I know don't ever find out about this game... and my profile
Granger

kirukashi wrote:

Hopefully the people I know don't ever find out about this game... and my profile
Kyno

kirukashi wrote:

B1rd
when that happens all of us will be the oldfag master race.
Kyno

B1rd wrote:

when that happens all of us will be the oldfag master race.
amen

and imagine all the new players.... calling everyone "hackers" and flaming over everything ....
this is what happened to minecraft
Witch Mercy

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

This.
ColdTooth

Trauter wrote:

i think i'll quit CoD
Vuelo Eluko
also my rank would plummet
this would suck
Trauter

ColdTooth wrote:

Trauter wrote:

i think i'll quit CoD
Just look at this ;-;
Gumpy
As long as the people are not idiots i'm fine with it, but what am I saying that is never gonna happen.
HDHR Crutch

Gumpyyy wrote:

As long as the people are not idiots i'm fine with it, but what am I saying that is never gonna happen.
This.
BroAidan
If osu became truly mainstream, i think that would be tremendous as it would increase the player base, oh and i would be able to leave my attic XD
Sylveon
I'm fine with it going mainstream BUT... god if we 'inherit' the type of kids that play League or COD, RIP this community being of anything significant. I think I would quit if on the forums I just read random stupid posts just saying 'fag' or 'hahahahaha youurrr nannnss fat' seriously I know we are all socially awkward but it takes a special kind of person to be that kid on COD who (wants to start to chat) but instead of saying 'hello' screams into the mike or makes retarded sounds...because apparently saying hello is to hard *rant over*
kirueggy

Sylveon wrote:

I'm fine with it going mainstream BUT... god if we 'inherit' the type of kids that play League or COD, RIP this community being of anything significant. I think I would quit if on the forums I just read random stupid posts just saying 'fag' or 'hahahahaha youurrr nannnss fat' seriously I know we are all socially awkward but it takes a special kind of person to be that kid on COD who (wants to start to chat) but instead of saying 'hello' screams into the mike or makes retarded sounds...because apparently saying hello is to hard *rant over*
R.I.P. in peace osu! forums if that ever happens.

But don't worry, we have moderators (although they put up with so much each day I)
AutoMedic

kirukashi wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

R.I.P. in peace osu! forums if that ever happens.

But don't worry, we have moderators (although they put up with so much each day I)
Moderation would be much worst. Oldfags wont handle the flood of complains the newfag might say.
B1rd
I have trust in the mods. the current community is quite good, and we still get ruled with an iron fist.
show more