forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
PikaCienna
hmm. watch anime :idea: , eat snacks :) , sleeps 2 am :D , wakes up 5 pm :oops: , do it again :!: :?: .
Mafuuu
Not a lot of people are making long posts... This is unnerving me a little but I like reading random life shorts so I'll say mine too. BEWARE TEEN MELODRAMA. (a pain to read indeed)
It's embarrassing so I'll put it in a box
A few weeks ago, I graduated from high school. Now my classmates, teachers, and schoolmates aren't what I would consider 'close'. This isn't because I hate them or can't communicate, I make satirical comments every time they'd try to initiate conversation and keep it up for a good 3 minutes before I got bored. Yep, I'm genuinely get sleepy during any conversation irl. Communication is a tiresome thing, the longest I've been with a classmate straight was probably 2 hours, but that was during a chess match so it isn't really counted is it? It's surprising since I've been with most of them for 10 years and still don't feel any connection.

And yet when I saw all of them grouped up in 2's and 3's during graduation crying or talking about how they'd plan to meet up after awhile and it just kinda made me feel really bad for being the one kid bugging the teacher asking if I could go home yet. I felt that I should've opened up to them more. Or at the very least, I should've tried instead of letting myself fall asleep. There were actually some of them who tried to befriend me. I called friendship out to be BS at the time but I'm starting to realize I was wrong now.

So recently, yesterday that is, I've finally made a small effort by saying yes to one of their proposals to 'hang out'. It's kinda sad but this'll be my first time going out of the house on a trip with people that isn't mandatory for school. I can't even believe that they'd ask the kid who only made snarky remarks at the teacher every once in awhile to hang out. I'm really happy to have had nice people like that during school. I'd probably slap myself if any of them saw this though. Heh.

I'll try my best!
RIP my anti-social streak
EneT

Mafuuu wrote:

Not a lot of people are making long posts... This is unnerving me a little but I like reading random life shorts so I'll say mine too. BEWARE TEEN MELODRAMA. (a pain to read indeed)
A few weeks ago, I graduated from high school. Now my classmates, teachers, and schoolmates aren't what I would consider 'close'. This isn't because I hate them or can't communicate, I make satirical comments every time they'd try to initiate conversation and keep it up for a good 3 minutes before I got bored. Yep, I'm genuinely get sleepy during any conversation irl. Communication is a tiresome thing, the longest I've been with a classmate straight was probably 2 hours, but that was during a chess match so it isn't really counted is it? It's surprising since I've been with most of them for 10 years and still don't feel any connection.

And yet when I saw all of them grouped up in 2's and 3's during graduation crying or talking about how they'd plan to meet up after awhile and it just kinda made me feel really bad for being the one kid bugging the teacher asking if I could go home yet. I felt that I should've opened up to them more. Or at the very least, I should've tried instead of letting myself fall asleep. There were actually some of them who tried to befriend me. I called friendship out to be BS at the time but I'm starting to realize I was wrong now.

So recently, yesterday that is, I've finally made a small effort by saying yes to one of their proposals to 'hang out'. It's kinda sad but this'll be my first time going out of the house on a trip with people that isn't mandatory for school. I can't even believe that they'd ask the kid who only made snarky remarks at the teacher every once in awhile to hang out. I'm really happy to have had nice people like that during school. I'd probably slap myself if any of them saw this though. Heh.

I'll try my best!
lel
This is actually legit though so I clap to you well done
*clap* *clap* *clap*
-sev
Apart from taking walks every day

Conor wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

Nothing.
VINXIS
watch pishi play daidai genome DTFL at 11 pm yes
xch00F
enrolled for college classes as a full time student so I don't kill myself
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

I have clicked many circles and bettered my rank by a large amount
chaee

Kheldragar wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Treekii
Started running and eating a little healthier. Trying to have a better outlook on life.
KokoaCrunch
Eat
Alucard

[ Tree ] wrote:

Started running and eating a little healthier. Trying to have a better outlook on life.
How far do you run on average per session?
Railey2

Mafuuu wrote:

I'll try my best!
It seems like school fulfilled your social needs, even without you having close or intimate friendships.
Even if you pretend that you don't notice or value the people that were around you, they were still around you, fulfilling your social needs. You realize how you need(ed) them, once all the familiar faces are gone.
After half a year of being pretty much alone, it started to take its toll on me. So yes, find friends, keep then and treasure them. They are important, not only for your happiness but also for your sanity.
Another thing: Conversations get less tiring when you are actually interested in the subject ;) And with practice comes mastery.
Yuudachi-kun

Kheldragar wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

gregest
I changed my avatar and nobody knows the original pic,this makes me happy
Tiisa
Started working out, running and drinking more water. At the moment my training consists of 2-3km runs, dancing and kettlebell workouts. I'm also trying to get rid off my sugar addiction. This is something I've needed to do for years but never really got my lazy ass up from my chair.
Probably going to try going to the gym with my friends soon, I haven't been able to do it before becaus eof the amount of anxiety it caused me during eight grade.
Wickedsharkz
Practiced streams+stamina on Freedom Dive and Image Material...
-sev
Started running and climbing.

CptBlackBird wrote:

I changed my avatar and nobody knows the original pic,this makes me happy
Yeah, as if nobody knows of kerasu's art.
Valskiel
Play another game, emotional training *i do get mad easily, lol
olivia272
I've given more time to myself.
EshkushMeh xD
I've started playing musical instruments again. Also, I've started looking at life in a more positive way.
Corefish
I bought a tablet ... hue

I actually help alot of people around my school dealing with depression and anxiety i think it helps with my problem solving capabilities
Mafuuu
Well my post shall be shorter this time and involves curing a bad habit- being too lazy to study. This started around the 3rd grade and lasted all the way to highschool. It's the type where I assume I can get a high grade and don't bother opening a textbook because 'as long as the grade is above passing mark I can keep PC <3'. I realized I'm being a good for nothing so I started a schedule of brushing up on my general education a little every day.

It's working great so far and I really hope I stick to this so I don't get my ass kicked out of college before I even enter this year.
chaee
Following a friend's advice and not wasting my time on people that add negativity in my life
vizzy
Being a City Year AmeriCorps member and working with "at-risk" students on a daily basis.
Sviundt
TL;DR I finally got the courage to talk to somebody about my anxiety, and it really helped lowering the amounts of anxiety attacks.(▰˘◡˘▰)
The Details
Before I had like a few minor attacks everyday and sometimes a huge attack that had the power to make me blackout and immobilize me for up to 2 hours. Had these shitty attacks as a part of my daily routine and would just cover it up by acting like I was working really hard with something (like writing stuff by hand or draw mathematical looking stuff while wearing headphones). After I blacked out in class, I was brought up to the school nurse and got the courage to talk to her about it, got sent to a doctor who diagnosed me with anxiety (or something, don't really know how to translate it into english as I am not a native english speaker)

Got a few advises on how to handle the attacks and that it is a great idea to make more friends so I started hanging out with my sisters friends (they are a year younger than me but doesn't care about age). They now consider me a part of the gang and bring me everywhere. I think this is the reason my attacks went from multiple times a day till one minor every once in a while. I has basically boosted my life quality

Also I do not feel depressed anymore (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
The Depression
Used to get bullied a lot because I am really pale even after spending the summer vacation out in the sun. Always been pale, probably bad genetics and living in a country far north of equator. Anyway, got bullied about it all the time and people would do bad shit with me.

Happened from 3rd grade to 7th grade, when I hit 7th grade all the bullies started junior high and I got a year to recover. They just ignored me through junior high, but it was still traumatizing me. Almost wanted to bring a gun at school for payback, but didn't do it because I was afraid of the consequences.

Now I am in high school, and have not seen any of the bullies in over 2 years. Moved on with my life after I befriended my sisters friends and started hanging out with people instead of spending 24/7 in front of my laptop.
Critical Dude

Sviundt wrote:

TL;DR I finally got the courage to talk to somebody about my anxiety, and it really helped lowering the amounts of anxiety attacks.(▰˘◡˘▰)
The Details
Before I had like a few minor attacks everyday and sometimes a huge attack that had the power to make me blackout and immobilize me for up to 2 hours. Had these shitty attacks as a part of my daily routine and would just cover it up by acting like I was working really hard with something (like writing stuff by hand or draw mathematical looking stuff while wearing headphones). After I blacked out in class, I was brought up to the school nurse and got the courage to talk to her about it, got sent to a doctor who diagnosed me with anxiety (or something, don't really know how to translate it into english as I am not a native english speaker)

Got a few advises on how to handle the attacks and that it is a great idea to make more friends so I started hanging out with my sisters friends (they are a year younger than me but doesn't care about age). They now consider me a part of the gang and bring me everywhere. I think this is the reason my attacks went from multiple times a day till one minor every once in a while. I has basically boosted my life quality

The Depression
Used to get bullied a lot because I am really pale even after spending the summer vacation out in the sun. Always been pale, probably bad genetics and living in a country far north of equator. Anyway, got bullied about it all the time and people would do bad shit with me.

Happened from 3rd grade to 7th grade, when I hit 7th grade all the bullies started junior high and I got a year to recover. They just ignored me through junior high, but it was still traumatizing me. Almost wanted to bring a gun at school for payback, but didn't do it because I was afraid of the consequences.

Now I am in high school, and have not seen any of the bullies in over 2 years. Moved on with my life after I befriended my sisters friends and started hanging out with people instead of spending 24/7 in front of my laptop.
Hearing these things always moves me, despite not knowing much about you I'm really glad for you.
HaruryuuSan

Sviundt wrote:

The Details

The Depression

I'm really happy for you. You've made a great decision. :D
Necturion
Studying, I didn't fail anything this year so far ^w^
Friendan
I've been trying to drink less Coca Cola.
Alucard

vizzy wrote:

Being a City Year AmeriCorps member and working with "at-risk" students on a daily basis.

How is that like?
Reva
eat food

I'm just a lonely guy so I really don't have any friend-related stuff to make myself better.
mnh48
Play favourite songs in high volume using headphone.
Warning: This is not recommended for extend usage.
Agnes
I've been mainly focusing hardcore on getting my college life in order, and then possibly being able to graduate sooner than intended. Along with that, trying to have somewhat of a social life between that...? I still find most of my social life on the Internet of all things, but it's something. All of these small improvements help bring about bigger and better goals in the near future for myself.

wow this thread has been going on for quite sometime
fiducia67
Went out for a walk in the park, listening to music and appreciating the natural beauty of the flowers and trees. :)
Necturion

Friendan wrote:

I've been trying to drink less Coca Cola.
'Murrica

I slept.
Aomi

Sviundt wrote:

The Details

The Depression

I am glad to hear that, wow, way to go!
I hope your life quality just continues to get better
in the future and hopefully you won't need to face
things like that again, but only time will tell.

Anyways, bravo!
Shiyzo

geckogates wrote:

my issue is doing things outside of home by myself, i guess that's what happens when you play on a computer for 10 years.

in late 2012 i started taking college classes and it has really helped me to get out and meet people, even driving and getting gas for the car was a big deal for me at first lol but i feel much more comfortable doing stuff outside of home now :) this next semester i will be signed up to be available for work in the computer department, cant wait to meet people with the same interests as me :D
Eh, I have the same problem. I'm really super shy when I'm out around people. I'm having anxiety, and I start shaking and shit. That's why I am always on the computer - I can talk here with anyone about everything and I don't feel shy at all. I'm so free here.
I do go out, of course, but rarely. I prefer being on the computer all day than going out.
LeStalker
I've gotten better with people tbh.
I used to get into fights a lot at school over something stupid.
I have anger 'issues', and it's kind of improving now, but not so much.
Though my arguments have gone down a lot.
EshkushMeh xD
I've always been this private, introverted kind of person, but I've been a bit more open with other people lately.
thelewa
cleaned my room for the first time in 8 months

the amount of mold, rotten food, dust and bugs was astounding.
show more