forum

What have you done lately to better yourself?

posted
Total Posts
show more
WingSilent
Looking about buying new glasses. 8-)
Kapson
Nothing kek
Pawsu
I recently heard some good advice, even though it wasn't really directed to me, but it inspired me.
"I just don't care. You shouldn't care either. Just do what you want without doing something stupid, Im using instinct"
this helped some how, I always over worry and i'm so anxious at times, and idk, hearing this brought some closure
with that, I hope to become stronger by not worrying and put my trust in others
Tiisa
I'm finally going to get my sight checked tomorrow and probably get glasses.
JYChii
I being better when I'm playing Osu... :)
chaee
Stopped playing this shitty game
Yuudachi-kun
Played more
Athrun
Attempting to study more.
Gumpy
Playing less osu!
Raisha Millenia
talk less, do osu! more
TheNekoNextDoor
Not wanting to repeat my test fails, I revised HARD before my Physics test today. I asked my dad for help with revising, and I claimed a Scientific Dictionary (I'm taking Triple Science next year, hopefully) and tabbed any necessary words that I needed. I felt pretty good.

I thought I'd got a D, according to my friend's marking.
Turns out, he didn't mark correctly.
I got a B. And this is GCSE level.

So yeah. I've bettered myself a lot by doing that. :)
K3la
I majorly cut my smoking, used to smoke like a pack a day, but now some days don't smoke at all, some days maybe 1 or 2, feel pretty proud since been smoking for quite some time, hopefully some day soon I'll realize haven't smoked in weeks or months.

Also, played more osu! :)
Hatate-tan
I have a really bad case of habitual absenteeism, same anger issues, depression, and anxiety.
I don't really know why I started not going to school for like 1/2 day/s in a week or in any other week but for the past school years, I do well in school.
(Might be due to peer pressure or the mere fact that I didn't have any motivation at all.)

I'm trying to better myself with just doing things that I really love, giving myself a space or an alone time and was thinking about moving to a new school or just hang on until our Summer vacation starts. :D
Baan
I am extremely afraid of dark.. not really the dark but the unknown. I imagine things a lot and I always picture a man running at me and I just book it, running up the stairs. I don't know if this is helping me but I've been reading a lot of http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep lately and for some reason, I'm coping with my fear. (for those of you who don't know, nosleep is a reddit page full of scary spooky stories)

ya, thats it 8-)
mathexpert

chaee wrote:

Stopped playing this shitty game
edgy
Yuudachi-kun
Played more.
joi-
I ate ice cream, it made me feel good.
honey
Changed my profile page. :3
Topic Starter
JAKACHAN
It's awesome to see people still posting in this thread!

I recently got a job as a Bar Lead/Mixologist so my life is heading in a great direction! I may even have my own house soon!
Xanaehla
Discipline myself :3
daredakke
Actually did some of the work I need to do for uni (I do web development).

It's a good feeling when things turn out to take a lot less time and effort than you thought. I worry needlessly it seems.
Yuudachi-kun

Xanaehla wrote:

Discipline myself :3
That sounds naughty.
Aurani
Met a friend after more than a year and talked about history with her over 3 hours on the street. We came to some major conclusions, which made both of us a bit more knowledgeable.
EineKrone
Keeping my daily walks, being less worried, searching for internship/apprenticeship slots, read an amazing short rant from a friend which calmed me.
HaruryuuSan
Syui
By recently joining the game XD
Katze
Went shopping
Birdy
Man, I really miss the first few pages when people actually cared enough to elaborate. Short posts evoke no emotions in me, sorry guys.

Either way, there are several things about me again. First, but probably the least, I finally have a new computer. Stuff, such as games and internet socializing, video and graphic editing should and will be more accessible and less frustrating in the future. Not sure about music producing as I don't have too much of my motivation anymore/yet. But hey, at least now I can keep myself occupied even outside osu! and real life stuff (I mean video editing has always been nice and Hearthstone already started addicting me).

Secondly, I've actually started being more social in real life, hence my latest inactivity. New friends, reuniting with old friend(s) and all that. I still do have several people from my school who I'd like to get to know better (or in some cases get to know them at all, for example, if I talked to them only once and even that was months ago). Socializing is really cool, even with more than just a few great friends. Guess increasing quantity in smaller amounts doesn't necessarily mean decreasing quality.

Thirdly, school. I'm actually doing better in school, with matriculation exams incoming and me spending time and putting effort in studying. Most of the time 75 minutes per day, but I do admit slacking off every now and then. Not much time for that now that I have only 9 days left, though. Also I'm doing well in Swedish FINALLY after 5 years, also still doing well in psychology (probably forever since that's the most interesting stuff ever) and hopefully in biology, which should be one of my last mandatory courses in high school.

So yeah. In short, putting more effort in valuable stuff and stepping out of comfort zone actually does good to your life and I'm sure I won't regret what I've been doing to myself lately. Also I've started eating more healthily (eating less shit and more proper food, though still not enough fruits and vegetables) which I guess will definitely not ruin my life in 40 to 50 years.
Aurani
Probably because rarely anyone gives two fucks about entire blocks of text. I would write 3 bloody pages if I had the time and people cared enough, but nowadays (with all the new mongrelic children) no one really reads it, so the only viable purpose of this thread is venting.
Birdy
Man, I really miss the time when people gave two fucks about entire blocks of text.
Aurani
I still read your blocky block, if you care. :V
Tampons
Lately what I've been doing is "forgetting" money as change in those self checkout machines and trying to make someones day.

Also, buying the person behind me in line something on the menu. ^^

I have terrible anxiety, but it makes me happy that I can make them happy. I'm so awkward in person. ; n ;
MelodyAlexander
Recently i have been trying to follow my dreams of being a prominent member of the gaming community.
I have been streaming more often, playing more games and focusing on trying to become a competitive league player.
I have also stopped trying to place blame on others in situations while trying to improve. I no longer blame my team, controller game client or lag for me doing bad because the only thing i can really honestly control is how well i do as an individual. I have stopped myself from becoming very angry as well by trying to relax and just have fun when i play game. I've been working to save money as well for future events and have even booked a trip to visit my girlfriend in Canada who i have been with for well over 4 years!

I have become more outgoing, more friendly and kind to others as well.
I used to be a really shy and introverted not really wanting to talk, make friends or do anything but now that i've discovered what i want i have worked on my social skills and learned to make friends even if the worse type of situations or stages in my life. And although i still dislike parts of my job, i deal with and work to better myself and to help provide for the family i live with.

Through the years on the internet while gaming i have met some amazing people and some of the best of friends and i have also lost some good friends as well. This place is amazing and all the great moments I have had and will have i will remember for the rest of my life and i'm glad i could have so many great moments. The people i meet and the friends i make are what motivates me to become a better person and live out my own dreams.

tl;dr
I'm doing what I want and what I love and bettering myself with the help of my friends and people i meet.
Birdy

Comonculus wrote:

Recently i have been trying to follow my dreams of being a prominent member of the gaming community.
I have been streaming more often, playing more games and focusing on trying to become a competitive league player.
I have also stopped trying to place blame on others in situations while trying to improve. I no longer blame my team, controller game client or lag for me doing bad because the only thing i can really honestly control is how well i do as an individual. I have stopped myself from becoming very angry as well by trying to relax and just have fun when i play game. I've been working to save money as well for future events and have even booked a trip to visit my girlfriend in Canada who i have been with for well over 4 years!

I have become more outgoing, more friendly and kind to others as well.
I used to be a really shy and introverted not really wanting to talk, make friends or do anything but now that i've discovered what i want i have worked on my social skills and learned to make friends even if the worse type of situations or stages in my life. And although i still dislike parts of my job, i deal with and work to better myself and to help provide for the family i live with.

Through the years on the internet while gaming i have met some amazing people and some of the best of friends and i have also lost some good friends as well. This place is amazing and all the great moments I have had and will have i will remember for the rest of my life and i'm glad i could have so many great moments. The people i meet and the friends i make are what motivates me to become a better person and live out my own dreams.

tl;dr
I'm doing what I want and what I love and bettering myself with the help of my friends and people i meet.
Oh man, I'm happy for you. I know what it's like to overcome intense shyness (though I'm not even nearly 100% over that stuff myself), so that's really good for you! Also good luck for the gaming adventures and more importantly job motivation.
MelodyAlexander

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Oh man, I'm happy for you. I know what it's like to overcome intense shyness (though I'm not even nearly 100% over that stuff myself), so that's really good for you! Also good luck for the gaming adventures and more importantly job motivation.
The hardest thing for me though is that i'm not entirely happy with my job. In highschool i had some really bad issues when it came to gaming. I skipped a lot of school to play Osu! or Grand Chase all day and didn't get nearly anything from it other then a low GPA and an almost impossible acceptability into college. If i could go back and just change one thing i life it would be to take schooling more serious and actually decide to go to college and get a job doing something I love. Being a shoutcaster and casting livestream games would be a dream job but honestly streaming, graphics design and being a theater usher will have to do for now.
Treekii
I've told my relatives about the extent of my anxiety. After 4 years of doing nothing about it I see this as a big step. I could write a huge wall of text about the entire situation but I'd rather not now.
Yuudachi-kun
Played more
chaee
Played less
GAMI
make my friend become shotacon
olivia272
I have taken things slower.
show more