forum

How to mod Taiko?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
I usually mod osu! map, and I never mod Taiko. Why? Because I don't know how to mod Taiko. What things you usually mod in Taiko map? Please teach me. And thanks.
:P
anonymous_old
Just like any other mod:

Play it. If anything feels wrong, comment.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
But I wanna know some things like is spacing effect taiko? Or should I mod the hitsound? Or what else? Please give specific answer. I'm confused.
Arusha Shuna
HC spacing wont affect the taiko gameplay, only the timing spacing
no hitsound=small red
whistle/clap=little blue
finish=big red
finish+whistle/clap=big blue
...i think :P
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
I know that red blue thing. I just wanna ask what must we pay attention to when modding a Taiko map.
Arusha Shuna

VanMoNky wrote:

I know that red blue thing. I just wanna ask what must we pay attention to when modding a Taiko map.
whoops
commonly the hitsound or timing space.
that's all... i think
LuigiHann
Most important objective thing is to make sure everything is snapped properly on the timeline.

Beyond that, I agree with what's been said, it's sort of all opinion, just play it and make suggestions.

Here are some suggestions which came from Rokodo, but remember that none of these are strict or official rules:

Sinistro wrote:

Today as I happened to bring the matter up in #osu, Rokodo_[RL] told me a set of ranking criteria he uses for his own Taiko maps (which are apparently the majority of Taiko ranked maps in osu!) and for modding other people's Taiko maps:

- 1.4 slider velocity.
- No streams of Finish notes.
- No Finish notes at the end of 1/4, 1/6 and 1/8 streams. Wrong, Right
- For that matter, no 1/8 streams (can be excused in certain cases, like halved or slow bpms)
- At least 1/2 of space between notes and sliders or spinners.
- 999 max combo limit.
- No custom skins.
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Alright. I'm understand now. Thanks for the answer. :)
arien666
I think you knew how to mod Taiko :3
But...

If TaikOsu...(which is osu! diff but it's also prefer as Taiko)
Mod like osu! standard modding except Hitsound(Except non-authentic as NBGI)(For custom maps, I don't know :3...) and Kiai time(Taiko go-go time)
Check that map is using Taiko hitsound or It will sound like whistle-spam.(Or, Taiko skin XD)
And else that somebody knows.

Good luck :3
Zekira
- 1.4 slider velocity.
- No streams of Finish notes.
- No Finish notes at the end of 1/4, 1/6 and 1/8 streams. Wrong, Right
- For that matter, no 1/8 streams (can be excused in certain cases, like halved or slow bpms)
- At least 1/2 of space between notes and sliders or spinners.
- 999 max combo limit.
- No custom skins.
This is it basically. But one authentic map broke one of the rules (Yawaraka Sensha [Oni], a 1/4 finish stream at the very end, albeit at 2x), but because there was a good reason to do so. If ever there's a reason to break one of these guidelines, it must be sufficient enough.
arien666
Hataraku2000 :3...
Sucks at 1/8 little stream(3 notes)
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I wasn't sure how to mod Taiko either, so I'll use this topic as reference in the future. Thanks~
Rokodo
In addition to what LH already quoted from me, I've produced this document as to how to mod taiko maps:

abalee
wow a clear list for modding Taiko maps. Thanks RL :)
arien666

Rokodo [RL] wrote:

In addition to what LH already quoted from me, I've produced this document as to how to mod taiko maps:

[attachment=0:8b0ee]Taiko_modding_guide.png[/attachment:8b0ee]
Good Roko :3
But there are some exceptions I think...
Anyway, thanks :3
Topic Starter
Vanmonky
Whoa. Didn't notice this before. Thanks Rodoko!!
aquabluu

arken1015 wrote:

Hataraku2000 :3...
Sucks at 1/8 little stream(3 notes)
Family Dondon and OOdain break the rules too.