forum

Search Bar for Skins!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +76
Topic Starter
gman
Let's say you have 20 pages full of skins and all of them are sorted alphabetically. There is a skin that starts with the letter "Z" and you want to use it. You'll have to get to the last 20th page so you can use it, but you'll have to get past every page one by one. So why not have a search bar for skins so you can just type the name of the skin (or at least the first letter, the name of the creator, tags etc.) and just find it right away? This is a request to help people with A LOT of skins like myself to find their skins easier. :)
deadbeat
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The skin select needs an overhaul.
xasuma
This topic is outdated. However, the same problem still applies.

Please include a search for skins. As the OP mentioned is way too annoying scrolling through hundreds of skins.
yanQQ

gman wrote:

Let's say you have 20 pages full of skins and all of them are sorted alphabetically. There is a skin that starts with the letter "Z" and you want to use it. You'll have to get to the last 20th page so you can use it, but you'll have to get past every page one by one. So why not have a search bar for skins so you can just type the name of the skin (or at least the first letter, the name of the creator, tags etc.) and just find it right away? This is a request to help people with A LOT of skins like myself to find their skins easier. :)

I will really need this because my skin list is longer than the settings screen
Aqours-_old

yanQQ wrote:

I will really need this because my skin list is longer than the settings screen
-Atri-
I got too many player's skin, it's so hard to find mine
Topic Starter
gman
Yeah, they changed the layout for the skins but it's still annoying to scroll all the way down just to try a skin. Please, many people have hundreds of skins and have problems finding certain ones they'd like to try. We NEED a search bar for this. Personally, I'd be really grateful if you do this because I often change skins for fun. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on this. :)
Bara-
Nice bump!
Despite having only 1 skin now (removed all others for space, was around 10GB) I really think it's neccessary
Darth_Mula
Give him stars
nagiisa
aaa
gravy_evrywar
In addition to this, getting to the skin menu just by typing the name of the skin in the options menu would be amazing.
This feature has been removed recently. (It's still there when I use stable fallback).
Typing in "skin" then scrolling down to (hopefully) find your skin in a list of hundreds of others can get frustrating.
[k9]
Wish I had stars to give I'm tired of searching for a specific skin when I got so many
Shmiklak
Great idea!
Ikbenben
I was just thinking about this, i have alot of skins and finding them is way too much trouble in osu! Sometimes i have to open up my skin map to search for a skin because i dont know which letter it starts with. And other times i have to scroll way too far down(and when i accidentilly click on another skin i have to start again from the top). Please make a searchbar for skins in osu! This would really help alot!
Topic Starter
gman

Ikbenben wrote:

I was just thinking about this, i have alot of skins and finding them is way too much trouble in osu! Sometimes i have to open up my skin map to search for a skin because i dont know which letter it starts with. And other times i have to scroll way too far down(and when i accidentilly click on another skin i have to start again from the top). Please make a searchbar for skins in osu! This would really help alot!
Well, we're probably going to see that happen in osu!next, so let's be a little more patient. Anyway, this thread is so old, I had completely forgotten about it.