forum

Osu! for Linux(Ubuntu 14.04)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seelenklauer
Are there plans for an official version of osu! for linux systems ?
Ezoda
You can play osu! already on linux plattforms via wine. More things you can read here
-hx
You can, but it runs terribly. I mean there isn't even really a mac version, since that is also based on Wine. I guess all we can do is hope for the best.
Topic Starter
Seelenklauer
I know I have it installed Osu! with wine but there are many frame lags and the completely destroyed sond... It´s realy terrible :(
sarnex
I run Osu! on Wine. It runs really well for me. I run Mint 17(Ubuntu 14.04) with an Radeon HD 7950 with Mesa drivers. Over 500 FPS, no noticeable audio lag, even with Pulse. I use PlayOnLinux with Wine CSMT 1.7.4. PM me if you need any help getting it working.
ErunamoJAZZ
According to what was said by peppy, the plan is to make Osu! open source eventually. When that happens, surely someone will work to stabilize the mac and linux native ports.

About Osu on wine, performance is... very relative... Some do well, others will do poorly.
Over the weekend I installed it on my laptop, and even missed a few times, worked quite fluid, even with the Damnae's SB.
On otherwise, in my desktop (nVidia GT430) does not work so fluid.

It is possible that the version of wine has to do, but I have no time to test.

btw... you can try install the last Wine (1.7.20) with PlayOnLinux, install dotnet20sp1, and etc... for more info: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=28025

BTW2: Peppy is usually aware of the functioning also in Wine, (see Jun 20: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog )
Espionage724

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

About Osu on wine, performance is... very relative... Some do well, others will do poorly.
It's highly dependent on the graphics hardware/driver, and configuration.

Generally speaking, I'd probably recommend using the latest open-source graphics driver stack (with Ubuntu, I'd use the latest kernel you're comfortable with from the mainline PPA, and oibaf's PPA on Trusty), and also disable vsync (vblank_mode=0), along with disabling swap buffers (to be able to go past screen refresh rate for FPS).

Should also use the latest PulseAudio stack too, or just use ALSA.
Topic Starter
Seelenklauer
I run Osu! with PlayonLinux,but it looks like the whole game runs in double time,even the menu and the replay mode and the quality of the music is horrible. Does anyone know how to fix this"bug"? (Ubuntu 14.04)
Espionage724

Seelenklauer wrote:

I run Osu! with PlayonLinux,but it looks like the whole game runs in double time,even the menu and the replay mode and the quality of the music is horrible. Does anyone know how to fix this"bug"? (Ubuntu 14.04)
What does this command report:
cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
jarabis

Espionage724 wrote:

What does this command report:
cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
So I have the same issue as him but he doesn't seem to have responded.
For me the command returns "tsc". Hopefully you or someone else can help me resolve this other than uninstalling and reinstalling osu again