forum

Select All/Ctrl+A in search bar

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
- Rain_old
Well, as the title says, for a few days now, when I search for a song, finish with it and go back to song select, I usually always automatically press ctrl+a and start trying to type a new songs name, or just backspace. I know it works with ESC, but it somehow just feels so unnatural to do. I don't think this would take a lot to code in, and I know a lot of people (at least people I know) would love this.

Coding it in shouldn't be too hard, you could either just make it so that after someone presses ctrl+a, it wait's until a key is pressed and then clear the bars text, and input the key pressed. And if the search bar works like a textbox, you could just make it select the text.

Oh well, this is just something that's been a tiny bother for me for a little while now.
FrzR
I still prefer ESC though. :/

Not supporting this.
kurufu
I try to do this all the time, It works in almost every other text box in the game but not when searching :(. I think I asked peppy about showing highlighting when doing stuff like this before or something similar but he said text boxes and things were complicated, so I really hope this one can be completed.
uzzi

Fr33z3R wrote:

Not supporting this.
It'd be nice for copying a song name or phrase, though even then it seems more like a lazy luxury than anything. ESC is the way to go, unnatural or not.
SleepySquash

Fr33z3R wrote:

Not supporting this.
I didn't knew about it, thanks :)

I get used to use control + a to select any text field. Support.