forum

Mania World Cup 2014 Discussion Thread (Unofficial)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayaya
This thread is to discuss about rules that should be implemented in the incoming MWC 2014 (opinions). Since MWC still hasn't released any concepts, I wanted to create one. Also tell me what you think would be a great idea.

Mania World Cup 2014

Teams

1. 2v2 tournament
  2. Team size: 4
  3. Binational teams: No
  4. Multiple teams per country: No

Mods

1. Will be Free Mod 24/7 (since in mania mods doesn't affect scores and some people play better with vision mods)
  2. No key mods/EZ/NF
  3. HD/FI/FL are allowed
  4. There will be some DT & HR rounds

Rounds/Bracket Setup

This is how I think rounds and brackets should be setup since mania has all of those K
  1. 2 Rounds (Rounds are different keys)(4k or 7k) and (5k or 6k)
  2. To when round = Win 2 maps (best 2 out of 3)
  3. 1st to win 2 rounds, wins
  4. Tie breaker includes both (4k and 7k) and (5k and 6k) maps except for semi finals and final as they will be (8k)
1. First, Team Leaders do !roll, highest # gets to pick what key to play on first round to start of with (4k or 7k) and (5k or 6k) <--- Depends on the Bracket
2. Whichever team to win 2 maps first, wins the round (2 out of 3)
3. After the 1st key round is done, go to the next round with remaining key (4k or 7k) and (5k or 6k)
4. Which ever team wins 2 rounds, wins the match

If there is a tie (1 round won for each side) , then there is a tie breaker round which has both (4k and 7k) or (5k and 6k) maps (winner of round 1 picks first)
except for semi final and final round (only 8k)
  1. Every bracket will alternate the K
for example:
Pretend in the quarter finals there are (4k and 6k), semi-final brackets there will be (5k and 6k) rounds, then in the final bracket it's 4k and 7k, etc

Maps

1. Ranked Mania Specific Maps
  2. 7k BMS Charts listed here (Lv.00~09)
  3. Unranked Timed Right Completed Maps
Changes
♥ Lower BMS Lv a tad
♥ Reworded Round Setup section
♥ Change Round Setup to Round/Bracket Setup
♥ Added solution for 5k and 6k to be included in tournament
♥ Reworded Round/Bracket Setup section
♥ Removed Specific Mappers, to include all good unranked maps
♥ Also added 8k
♥ Bump BMS Lv by 1
♥ Forgot to add HR rounds

♥ Please support this idea if you like it and tell your fellow manians ♥
October Scream
FL ;w;

Thank you. I think it should be allowed
Topic Starter
Ayaya

October Scream wrote:

FL ;w;

Thank you. I think it should be allowed
It should be *high five*
FL bros :)
ArcherLove
*take a look at maps*

OKAY WE'RE DEAD

*dead*
Topic Starter
Ayaya
what lol
Arch is op
Elementaires
Finally :)

I dont really like the 4k round

.. but DT <3 :)
Hayabusa
Tbh, i like DT and 7K. i dont mind much of the 4K because i know if that would be the rules i would get cozzzy to play 4K with me.
and i wouldnt really mind visioin mods anyways. but i would rather stick to a normal playfield. but either way. i like this idea.
i think this shiould be the rules as such for the MWC 2014.
Thanks for the post Aya~
Needed someone to actually do some rules. hope these come out.
Mat
I also like these rules not so sure on the 4k side of things but i guess alot of people play 4k but arnt most top 5 country players 7k players anyways :/
great idea tho with round selection, mods and whatnot hope this gets noticed

thanks ayaya~
Topic Starter
Ayaya
To be the best at mania, you got to be good at all key and not just one.
That is why 4k round is there (you can switch with a substitute player at anytime)
Also there are lots of player who 4k because they use to play stepmania and other 4k rhythm games.
This was the best solution for deciding what key the MWC would focus on.

Also thanks for the support ♥ :)
Loctav
You should've talked to me before opening this thread. I already have a concept that I wanted to release after CWC for community revision. Therefore this thread is quite obsolete and moreover does not conform with the concepts I have at all.
Kamikaze
Also, why only 4 & 7k? We need all K modes in ;w;
Topic Starter
Ayaya

Loctav wrote:

You should've talked to me before opening this thread. I already have a concept that I wanted to release after CWC for community revision. Therefore this thread is quite obsolete and moreover does not conform with the concepts I have at all.
Sorry that I open this thread before asking you, thought that people can open a thread without permission, I putted (Unofficial) in the title. Also if you read above, it says that these were opinions.

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Also, why only 4 & 7k? We need all K modes in ;w;
Not that many people would like it if all K was allowed tournament since most people don't play every K. Having a round for every K would make the tournament wayyyyy to long. Also K mods are out of the question since they effect score and won't even work for mania maps. Focusing on the two main K at the moment
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Just updated the thread~
Icaruz
And can we play just in 4k? :3
Topic Starter
Ayaya

Icaruz wrote:

And can we play just in 4k? :3
Well this is a discussion thread (opinions) , if you mean just play in the 4k maps, this is a team tournament so you can substitute out on other K maps.
But if you mean could the whole thing be 4k, most likely not since the main K on osu!mania would most likely be 7k, but trying to include all except 8k.
Kamikaze

Ayaya wrote:

but trying to include all except 8k.
u wot m8, why would you ignore the best key mode available?
Tidek

Ayaya wrote:

[*] Unranked Completed Maps mapped by:
victorica_db
17VA
LeiN-
Spy
Aery-
lil_yumika_lil
DJPop
Simple_Star
Rumia-
Mania BAT here[/list]
No.

Unranked completed GOOD QUALITY maps* fixd (no specific mappers)
Topic Starter
Ayaya

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Ayaya wrote:

but trying to include all except 8k.
u wot m8, why would you ignore the best key mode available?
Well if I did add 8k, I wouldn't know how to put that in, tell me how you would do it?

Tidek wrote:

Ayaya wrote:

[*] Unranked Completed Maps mapped by:
victorica_db
17VA
LeiN-
Spy
Aery-
lil_yumika_lil
DJPop
Simple_Star
Rumia-
Mania BAT here[/list]
No.

Unranked completed GOOD QUALITY maps* fixd (no specific mappers)
Yeah I would love this, but if players chooses the maps, the map might not be timed right.
Unless there are Map Selectors, I'll add this most likely because there will be Map Selectors.
Kamikaze

Ayaya wrote:

Well if I did add 8k, I wouldn't know how to put that in, tell me how you would do it?
What do you mean by putting it in? Shouldn't there just be pool for 8k maps, like all other k modes? If we're doing this all key, than it should be all, no all-1
PyaKura
I see Lv.00 ~ 08 BMS should be implemented. Lv.08 is a bit easy compared to some other ranked maps (Hello there Shuffle Heaven and MEPHISTO, and to a lesser extent, Zirkfied). I'd go up to Lv.9/10.

This and these BMS maps need an OD/HP tweak. (OD9 and HP8 or 8.5)

About this 8K matter. Yes we're lacking 8K maps. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented. You could add this K for the few final rounds for example.
Topic Starter
Ayaya

PyaKura wrote:

I see Lv.00 ~ 08 BMS should be implemented. Lv.08 is a bit easy compared to some other ranked maps (Hello there Shuffle Heaven and MEPHISTO, and to a lesser extent, Zirkfied). I'd go up to Lv.9/10.

This and these BMS maps need an OD/HP tweak. (OD9 and HP8 or 8.5)

About this 8K matter. Yes we're lacking 8K maps. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented. You could add this K for the few final rounds for example.
Alright I'll make 8k as a tiebreaker round for semi finals and finals (because of the low amount of maps) while for the BMS Lv I'll bump it to 9~
Topic Starter
Ayaya
This thread can be locked now, since the offical MWC thread is here!!!

osu!mania World Cup 2014: Preparations and Concept