forum

Rank worsening, not gaining PP.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun
I've noticed that my PP has been on 494 for AGES.. and my " performance " rank only gets worse every day..

I only play maps that give me a hard time and I never notice an increase in rank or PP whenever I complete a hard map.. I used to get more PP and increase in rank whenever I completed a map but now my rank just drops every day and my PP stays at 494. I used to play AR 8 maps and sometimes AR 9 maps ( I couldn't complete 90% of the AR 9 maps ) but now AR 8 is too easy for me so I just play AR 9. I very rarely play maps I know I can complete.. but when I complete a hard map, my pp / rank never increases. It just gets worse and worse. My rank has been dropping steadily these past 8 days and nothing I do seems to make it go up.

Am I playing in some " offline mode " where nothing I do counts or what? because it feels like it...

If you take a look at my " Top Ranks " you'll see
Black Raison d'etre - Van!shment Th!s World (TV Size) [Insane]
about a month ago

As my 5'th best rank.. but that's not true? I recently got much higher score on it.. From: 1,351,436 to 3,281,596 but my " top rank " is still the 1,351,436 one..
Pettanko
if you want pp get full combo on maps instead of having C's and B's with bad accuracy
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Pettanko wrote:

if you want pp get full combo on maps instead of having C's and B's with bad accuracy

But playing maps that I FC on the first try doesn't make me better.. it's just easy and boring.
Valdyr
You improve by playing maps that are out of your reach, you gain pp by FCing maps that become easy to you as you practice the first type of maps.
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Valdyr wrote:

You improve by playing maps that are out of your reach, you gain pp by FCing maps that become easy to you as you practice the first type of maps.
But I am playing maps that are out of my reach.. it's basically all I play. Sometimes I play an old map because I want to improve my score it because I like the song but it's rarely..

I'm not asking " how to improve " I'm asking why my " performance rank " doesn't increase at all?
dung eater
Just play stuff that is hard, get better at clicking circles. Rank going down is nothing new, every time you gain rank other(s) (from one to thousands) lose ranks. If a thousand people go ahead you, you drop a thousand ranks.

If you were the only one playing you would never lose ranks. There can't be 100 people who are at top 50 (yes with the system here you never lose ranks if you don't play but you get what i mean 3:)
Pettanko

Pretzel-kun wrote:

Valdyr wrote:

But I am playing maps that are out of my reach.. it's basically all I play. Sometimes I play an old map because I want to improve my score it because I like the song but it's rarely..

I'm not asking " how to improve " I'm asking why my " performance rank " doesn't increase at all?

Pettanko wrote:

like i said, you need to full combo/get high combo on maps with decent acc if you want to get pp. doesn't matter if you play maps out of your reach if you get shitty acc/combo you likely won't get pp, that's just how the system works
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun
But what about the improved rank I got on: Black Raison d'etre - Van!shment Th!s World (TV Size) [Insane] ??

My " Top Ranks " tab lists that map as my 5'th best.. with a C and 1.3 mil score.. but I actually have a B on it with a 3.3 mil score.. but my B rank is nowhere to be seen on my profile.. why is that?
Blueprint
Ill spec you when I'm online and give you pp
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Blueprint wrote:

How does that even work?

And in truth, I couldn't care less about having a high pp. I was just wondering about why it never went up.
Vuelo Eluko
its hard to get pp without getting at least like a half combo. i had to get a half combo on remote control just to get 6 pp and that's a 3.67 star map. it gets worse on even easier maps

full combos are love, full combos are life.

sadly it means its hard to improve while ranking up, best to improve then try ranking up, then improve some more, then rank up again, endless cycle.

im sure as hell not going to get any pp for passing stuff like just awake or tu4ar because i cant combo well enough because its really hard for me, but i will improve better than trying to FC stuff I think.
Blueprint

Pretzel-kun wrote:

Blueprint wrote:

How does that even work?

And in truth, I couldn't care less about having a high pp. I was just wondering about why it never went up.
Regardless of what maps you play with out a good combo you get nothing, and what I meant was I was going to try and judge your capabilities and give you maps to play
Vuelo Eluko
exactly even if you passed big black or freedom dive with like a 250 combo and a C you'd probably get nothing.
DeletedUser_4041880
Your top raks are almost entirely made up of A's B's and C's. Make those S ranks before you ask why you aren't gaining any PP
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Blueprint wrote:

Regardless of what maps you play with out a good combo you get nothing, and what I meant was I was going to try and judge your capabilities and give you maps to play

Oh, sure.

I'll probably play worse than I usually do because I'm being spectated but go ahead.
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Pretzel-kun wrote:

But what about the improved rank I got on: Black Raison d'etre - Van!shment Th!s World (TV Size) [Insane] ??

My " Top Ranks " tab lists that map as my 5'th best.. with a C and 1.3 mil score.. but I actually have a B on it with a 3.3 mil score.. but my B rank is nowhere to be seen on my profile.. why is that?

Could someone answer this?

I also have an S rank on: Akasaki Chinatsu, Tamura Mutsumi - Futari no Kimochi no Honto no Himitsu (TV Size) [Insane]

But my Top Ranks still lists my B rank as my highest..

Actually, I have a lot of songs where it says I have a C or B rank.. but I actually have A or S ranks on them.. but this website doesn't register it or something..
Vuelo Eluko
the scores may not be submitting.
are they on global?
if so you may even be looking at the wrong mode
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

the scores may not be submitting.
are they on global?
if so you may even be looking at the wrong mode

So because I played it while my scoreboard was set to " Local ranking " - they didn't register online? What kind of terrible system is that? I've always hated Osu's ranking system but this is without a doubt the dumbest thing I've ever seen in this game.
kuur0
I dunno if I should be crying or should I be laughing.
Topic Starter
Pretzel-kun

Kirai- wrote:

I dunno if I should be crying or should I be laughing.
You're one of the reasons why these forums have such a bad reputation.
show more