forum

'elloes~

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mephobia
Well, I never thought I'd actually go forums on some game's forum after some years... Helloes here, I'm Mephobia.

Hmm, well where to start, I went and met with osu! some years ago, after my friend inviting me over to play. I was first like, "d'fuq yo, what's a rhythm game? Is it like those Audiblah stuff like the desktop version for arcade machines?", then I went and tried, and realized what it was based on. It became interesting, so I kept playing, for a while, until I was harassed to death by streams of hounDOOOOOOOM!

Well, I gave some real break after seeing my limits (before), I was like, "Nah, maybe some hard maps, but no, I doubt I can ever even insane.", so having that though I actually got away from the game for some real time.

Then once again I tried to come back, but since the time passing, my good old mouse (RIP I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU BRO!) died away, I was left with some... Unfitting mouse for a rhythm game let's say. Even the left and right click buttons weren't at the same hardness, so anyways. I tried to go by keyboard + mouse combo like most of you guys favor doing, but nah, mouse only is my thing that's what I'm sure of.

Well after that, I did again, leave for a while, at least until I found a good map to play back once in a while again. So yeah, that was what triggered it. I was playing Yousei Teikoku - Kokou no Sousei (Hard) for the chills. So I sent the video to my friends (LITERALLY SPAMMED THE *beep* OUT OF THEM THOUGH) and invited them over to start osu! So, HE does, and not after a while passes my highscore! So that was mainly the trigger I actually came back to osu!

Started playing all over again, from lowest to top. I went over all my old maps so I could get some of my accuracy back first. So I climbed back up to my usual hard mode again. Well that was it, but there was still something missing, it wasn't my old "hard mode" play. I knew exactly what the problem was, BLAME THE MOUSE NOT THE PLAYER! D: *both sucks though*

I went and started searching over, some mouse that could have the feeling of my old buddy. I first went on by the DPI, and some few *cheap* mouses. Then I went by style and chose this! *AND NO I DON'T BUY ANY PROFESSIONAL MOUSE*

And then, this was my first output. It was almost like the old buddy I owned! *-*

Well ofcourse, I kept on practicing, this score wasn't close enough to my friend's, though still, I had my 1K combo on that very day! So I went and searched more and more hard mode-ish maps, so I could practice some accuracy. (Since Kokou no Sousei is mostly slider based, it's fairly easy, could even be normal mode rather than hard mode.) But something was off, why could I play some maps and some I couldn't?

I did find out, it was the AR. Well, I never gave much care to those stuff since I was playing for chills, but it turned out as a great explanatory to why I couldn't play some QUITE SLOW maps and, some QUITE FAST ones. So I found my average AR, it was between AR6-7, the most ideal for me. I tried and played all of those first. That gave me some accuracy. Then I aimed to have my "shown" accuracy going up. I took it from around 85% to 95%, which took me two months to accomplish. In that time, my practices got me to AR7-8 area. And lately I could read some AR9 maps.

Right now I'm stuck between Hard - Insane (AR7-8-9 usually, a few of those AR9). So I'm also seeking some more maps to go on my practice, and complete my aim, leave osu! once and for all!

Well, it was different dropping by some forums again, so yeah, that's about all for now I guess! Hoping to have my stay for a while in forums, meanwhile, before the finish up, watdo2 find people to beatmap for insane high AR potential streams & jumps of doom-ish songs? q.q Oh well, nice meeting ya'll, for now!

Edit: I did forgot something! I usually go by the HimitsuNoChikara name for these kinds of games, but gotta hate puppy for that! D:

Either ways, you can also call me HNC or Himi, which's what people do.
AutoMedic
My favorite wall of text

*gives reward*

Anyways, welcome to the osu!forums

I hope you can have fun around. Be active, everyone will notice you easily
Everyone's nice here, as long as you don't ask on off-topic that is.

I hope you have fun, keep clicking those circles

If you have any problem, post it on technical support, they might help you there

Have a nice Day/Night :)
ThaiReal

Now now~ my dear friend, You have a long way to go :roll:
LunarFox
Haha, wow. That's more writing than I do for my essays. Welcome to the forums Himitsu! Add me if you'd like. :)
ThaiReal
Wow.. no one notices me ;~;
AutoMedic

ThaiReal wrote:

Wow.. no one notices me ;~;
I notice u senpai

Welcome again lol :P
Yuuki Asuna
So much to read :c jk, welcome to the forums, Mephobia! :)
SharinganGirl
Interesting introduction, fun to read. Well, welcome to the osu! forums, enjoy your stay.
Piine
Longest but grand welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a fun time and if you need any help, just contact me~
Birdy
My name is longer than your requested username, NotEvenDoomMusic's is exactly as long, I'm so sorry for you mate. Maybe the limit is a new thing or something.

Anyway, welcome! Enjoy your stay~
Jing Yuan
I read the story.

Good story.
deadbeat
10/10 intro. was a good read :3
piruchan

deadbeat wrote:

10/10 intro. was a good read :3
It seem like we're on the same level. Maybe we can play together!

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your time here! and give me that mouse
vizzy
Welcome to the community. Hope you like it here.