Fighter's Alley -14th Century-

posted
Total Posts
show more
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
lol I forgot to say that there is a SSF4AE machine here, so i gain experience from that too. maybe if i just attach to 1 character i should do it fine. if i manage to print and read this, i could improve a lot. is kinda lazy to read as PDF
http://shoryuken.com/srk/FightingGamePrimer.pdf

edit: Raiden confirmed for MKX
Mianki
lol, going to a USFIV-tournament in August. Guess I'll try and no-life Strat Fghtre 'till then.

Gonna get bodied but oh well :-D
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
just in case you ask, this is the website of the event(most of the content is in Spanish)
http://www.animefriendsarg.com.ar/

also, added Primal Rage and War Gods. and a possible Top tier list for the current version of USFIV

Topic Starter
Trash Boat
Updated the main page with banners of the games
AutoMedic
Tekken 7 hype

Jun Kazama hype
Ceph23
I'm thinking about entering a Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate tournament next week but I can't choose between Ayane, Christie and Momiji.
Anybody else plays this game? What do you guys recommend?
AutoMedic

Ceph23 wrote:

I'm thinking about entering a Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate tournament next week but I can't choose between Ayane, Christie and Momiji.
Anybody else plays this game? What do you guys recommend?
I never played Dead or Alive

but I think bigger tits = bigger damage or something similar

just pick something randomly
Ceph23

Sonatora wrote:

That is actually true.
But that also means they are slow.
AutoMedic

Ceph23 wrote:

Sonatora wrote:

That is actually true.
But that also means they are slow.
what

really
Ceph23
It's kinda true.
Two girls would be Rachel and Tina. Both have monstrous cow tits and both have high power ratings, but have pathetic speed.

WTF
Luna
I just installed UNIEL
THE HYPE IS REAL
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
coming soon, a new The King Of Fighters on 3D...
AutoMedic
GetHype for WWE2k15

Does the WWE2k series count tho? Trash boat, please confirm this for me

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_2K14
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
Yeah, it does

Here's a good youtuber that will explain you most of the things about certain fighting games. It uses an arcade stick for its plays
https://www.youtube.com/user/VesperArcade
AutoMedic
Edge is on the official WWE2k15 roster

fuck yeah

on other news, Tekken 7 is announced. I know I have posted this a long time ago, but reminding everyone again
NotEvenDoomMusic
https://www.humblebundle.com/?aug1914

Right now Humble Bundle is having KoFXIII (Steam Edition) on the pay-more-than-average lineup.
For 5,57$ it's a good deal and you get some other games you might (not) want aswell, one being Terraria that also had a content update around a year ago.

Though seriously, it's quite nice for that price, mainly because the netcode for KoFXIII has been improved since it was launched and you also unlock all 3 DLC characters on the spot by purchasing the Steam Edition thing.
Compared to the console version the netcode on PC is much better, but inferior compared to the current gen games on Steam, like USFIV and SG.
piruchan
Found this just now

Topic Starter
Trash Boat
sorry for being late but Steam announced the Warner Bros Publisher Weekend, in which they announce new games to be released starting October, and some games already available will have a discount, including Injustice and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wb_pub11
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
sorry for double post, but i found shocking news: USF4 is getting the definitive upgrade, all characters have been redesigned, most precisely, its moves. And it's FREE!

_Arzo_
how about MUGEN ?
Kyonko Hizara
I have yet to see any thread made for this game, so why not make one myself

For those in this thread unaware of what this game is:

"Skullgirls is a fast-paced, 2D fighting game developed by Lab Zero Games(formerly Reverge Labs) and lead by tournament champ Mike “Mike Z” Zaimont and artist Alex “o_8” Ahad. The game released on April 10, 2012 on PSN and April 11, 2012 on XBLA for digital download. A PC version of the game was announced, releasing Summer 2013.

Drawing on the best features the genre has to offer, Skullgirls is designed to be a tournament-grade fighter while remaining approachable and engaging for the casual player.

Skullgirls features the most frames of animation per character of any fighting game, hand-drawn at high resolution and enhanced by real-time lighting courtesy of a powerful 3D engine

Classic six-button play gives characters a huge variety of attacks and special moves

With the Variable Tag Battle system, players can pit mismatched teams of one, two or three characters against one another

Custom Assists let you outfit your team with a huge variety of attacks for nearly endless strategic possibilities

A robust anti-infinite combo system keeps competitive play free of abusive tactics

Robust tutorials and an AI designed to teach eases new players into the traditionally intimidating fighting game genre and helps you improve from there

Official GGPO netcode ensures lag-free fighting online" (sourced from Skullgirls Wiki)

This thread was made to provide a place for more in-depth discussion on the game on anything from Upcoming DLCs to your choice of combos and even those special pallets you can't go without using!

To start off with a bit about me with the game:
The characters that I main are Eliza, Squigly, Ms Fortune, Big Band, Fukua, Valentine, and Double currently. I have the knowledge and ability to play all other characters except for Peacock currently. I am very picky with colour pallets, as I use a specific one for each character. I usually will play the game for at least 20-30 minutes a day, but can sometimes go to as much as 2-5 hours if I have others to play with. (It would be nice to find more people to play with since nobody like to play against me since I as of now have 140+ hours in Encore and the Beta combined) Ever since Eliza got put into the Beta, I have found myself playing her more than any other character currently, with Squigly a close second.
ggsnipess
This falls underneath the fighting game thread but whatever. Also join irc #skullgirls@irc.mizuumi.net there is literally almost someone who would want to play at least one game, and have played more than 3k+hours. I have exams coming soon otherwise I would have been playing this a bit more with all the Australian guys but been distracted by workload.

If you're wondering how Skullgirls would play, think of Marvel vs Capcom 2 but with less character and your own option selects, with infinite protection.
Gumpy
I love the game, but I suck at it.
Kyonko Hizara

peroperoplayer wrote:

This falls underneath the fighting game thread but whatever. Also join irc #skullgirls@irc.mizuumi.net there is literally almost someone who would want to play at least one game, and have played more than 3k+hours. I have exams coming soon otherwise I would have been playing this a bit more with all the Australian guys but been distracted by workload.

If you're wondering how Skullgirls would play, think of Marvel vs Capcom 2 but with less character and your own option selects, with infinite protection.
I have reasons for not wanting to be associated with that thread. Mostly because of the person that runs it. And it's not very active.

Gumpyyy wrote:

There are quite a few good tutorials on combos, but a lot of them are very advanced and take a really careful hand to do. Which characters do you mostly play as?
Gumpy

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

There are quite a few good tutorials on combos, but a lot of them are very advanced and take a really careful hand to do. Which characters do you mostly play as?
I love the game, but I play it rarely, but I want too learn it and at least beat one person. Last time I played I played as the nurse character (I don't remember the name).
Kyonko Hizara
You play as Valentine then. In my opinion, she's not too hard to use. She's fairly fast and her move chain well.

A pretty basic combo to use with her is: s.LP check up (chain 3 times), s.MP venesection (3 hits), s.MK Chishibuki Juuji (5 hits), s.HK IV Naginata (chains 3 times), QCF.K Savage Bypass (use HK for the farthest distance that can be traveled)
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
...(points at signature, second icon from the left)
Kyonko Hizara

Trash Boat wrote:

...(points at signature, second icon from the left)
Please read my response to pero. Leaving it at that.

Eliza is best fighting waifu
Shiro
There is the general fighting game thread! t/212642

I'll let you choose whether or not to merge
Kyonko Hizara

Shiro wrote:

There is the general fighting game thread! t/212642

I'll let you choose whether or not to merge
For reasons, I would prefer not to merge with it.
AutoMedic
A small review about it

Skullgirls is a casual fighter game about girls beating the crap outta each other. Unlike Dead or Alive 5, Skullgirls emphasize on casual skill rather than fanservice and odd damage scaling (Believe me, scaling in DoA 5 is fuckin unbelievable and stupid). After buying it for the Vita I must say I've been impressed due to the fact that it's casual. Unlike SF and Tekken series, Skullgirls doesn't have that much learning curve (although there is, but isn't that deep). I'm excited due to the fact that Vita will get Local Multiplayer support because PlayStation TV support of the game is announced. Overall, a good game but not the type of game for the hardcore guys

I liked the game tho'. And Cerebella the best
Kyonko Hizara

Sonatora wrote:

A small review about it

Skullgirls is a casual fighter game about girls beating the crap outta each other. Unlike Dead or Alive 5, Skullgirls emphasize on casual skill rather than fanservice and odd damage scaling (Believe me, scaling in DoA 5 is fuckin unbelievable and stupid). After buying it for the Vita I must say I've been impressed due to the fact that it's casual. Unlike SF and Tekken series, Skullgirls doesn't have that much learning curve (although there is, but isn't that deep). I'm excited due to the fact that Vita will get Local Multiplayer support because PlayStation TV support of the game is announced. Overall, a good game but not the type of game for the hardcore guys

I liked the game tho'. And Cerebella the best

You're right in that there isn't that much of a learning curve in it, but I think that's mostly due to the play style of it. Most characters aren't too hard to grasp on how to use them, but it takes a lot of time to be able to perfectly get your combos for them.

This reminded me of how the multi rooms are. You only have 3 experience levels. I usually play in intermediate (altho I might be nearing more toward the experienced end of it now) but you get too wide of a variety of players in it. You get the too good for beginner, but still suck, and then you get the upper end which are pretty much in the experienced class already. You either suck, can somewhat play a character, or you slaughter everything.
Topic Starter
Trash Boat
I should try it one of these days. Yeah definitely
AutoMedic
I might purchase it in steam sooner or later. Watch out for me trash boat, I'm gonna challenge you
Ceph23
Skullgirls is a lot of fun.
My favorite has to be Valentine. I mean a nurse AND a NINJA!! A+

All kidding aside, I love valentines move set, especially that green poison stuff. It really opens up a lot of chances to string together combos, and hopefully I get to hear a "tell me where it hurts~" in the end. :3
Kyonko Hizara

Ceph23 wrote:

Skullgirls is a lot of fun.
My favorite has to be Valentine. I mean a nurse AND a NINJA!! A+

All kidding aside, I love valentines move set, especially that green poison stuff. It really opens up a lot of chances to string together combos, and hopefully I get to hear a "tell me where it hurts~" in the end. :3
If you don't have Eliza yet then you need to get her. I got her within 30 minutes of her release yesterday.

Ceph23

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

If you don't have Eliza yet then you need to get her. I got her within 30 minutes of her release yesterday.
Soon™
Also I just realized that I suck heavily at playing Squigly.
Like, mostrous sucking, even more than when I play Peacock.
AutoMedic

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

that thing is grosser and more op than double

not to mention i hate double
Kyonko Hizara

Sonatora wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

that thing is grosser and more op than double

not to mention i hate double
show more