forum

The Catch-All Bemani Thread (Beatmania, DDR, etc.)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TimerBunneh
Discuss any and all Bemani games here. Post scores, discuss the games and their artists...as long as it's Bemani, you're good. (All I ask is that you keep it civil.)

Some info for the new guys (because there will be people who have no idea what Bemani is, I swear)
Bemani is a catch-all term for music games made by Konami. Series include (but not limited to by a long shot) Beatmania IIDX, Dance Dance Revolution, Pop'n Music, Jubeat/Jukebeat, Reflec Beat, and Guitar Freaks/DrumMania. Gameplay for most games is much like Guitar Hero; simply hit notes when they line up with a line at the bottom. Notable exceptions to this are Jubeat, which is musical whack-a-mole, and Reflec Beat, which is musical hockey. (If you're good at Guitar Hero, you might be good at these games.) Beatmania IIDX is notable for a review of its USA release; a review on X-Play, a TV show that reviewed video games, called it a "Guitar Hero ripoff", even though Beatmania predates Guitar Hero by about five years. (To be fair, the game reviewed was released in 2006.)

I guess I'll start things off: who here plays a Bemani game besides DDR? I know the other games aren't common outside Japan (although California has a load of the arcade games) but I'm curious.
kirueggy
those people who think they're pro at DDR but hold onto the bar
Navizel

kirukashi wrote:

those people who think they're pro at DDR but hold onto the bar
oh so you're saying that pro players don't need bars to balance? please. Even Brosoni who is considered one of the best DDR player uses bar. Afaik, Rin-go! is the only pro who doesn't hold onto bars.

^and he even held @ 1:47

Pretty sure there is a bemani thread already somewhere. welp

I have played all of them and I really suck at IIDX at PoMu. DrumMania is where I'm best at. How I miss playing it. I still hate Funky Sonic World's chart.