forum

Subscription Link on the User Panel (Forums)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +94
Topic Starter
Lanturn

Basically the link would take you to this ugly page (source for 'ugly' unless it actually has been updated in the past 2 years)

The key reason behind this request is that the current subscription page feels too hidden, and I honestly never know if there is a new post or not without taking the effort to navigate to the above mentioned page this feature request would link to besides getting an E-mail every time (which I have actually had cases where I completely forget, or didn't receive an email). Whenever someone posts on one of your subscribed topics, a number will appear beside it much like how the inbox works.

It would also serve as a more natural way to access certain parts of the forums faster, such as your beatmaps or other topics.
I guess basically this feature request is more of getting a visual notification whenever you browse the forums like how the inbox works.

PS. If the top bar thing isn't called a User Panel then tell me what it is called so I can change it :P
Rio-
yes, please :3
*too bad didn't have any stars to give though
Oinari-sama
That'll be convenient!
Rin Satsuki_old
+1, god i have some stars left lol
FrzR
Yes please. =w=
deadbeat
i feel bookmarks would be better since you already get an email notification for subscriptions
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Bookmarks are supposed to be used as reference material, as in threads you frequently visit to read certain things. If you want to know when a new post is in your bookmarks, then it is better off as a subscription.

Of course, a quicker way to access your bookmarks would be nice, but it's less important, as you aren't really following them like you are with subscriptions.
LunarFox
Seems useful
R3DxFOX
Nice, I accidentally made my own thread about the same topic. I had some designs, but they weren't that great. You can check it out here. http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3379694

+1 to you :)

- R3D
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Re-uploaded the picture.

The in-game notification you suggested is pretty interesting though. You should repost some of your ideas here.
R3DxFOX

Lanturn wrote:

Re-uploaded the picture.

The in-game notification you suggested is pretty interesting though. You should repost some of your ideas here.
Sure, thanks ~

- R3D
R3DxFOX
Here's another design for a notification.
It would be cool to implement this idea to in-game so players could know that they have notifications without having to go into their browser to check.
Like this:
Oinari-sama
Ideas are starting to come together :)
Sey
Yes, this would be really helpful to me! Shouldn't be too hard to implement, right? :)

Edit: 4 months old? Wow. I'm late.
hallucinater
This would be really nice, sometimes even people could be getting multiple notifications due to their being replies from multiple posts or just one big one, it's hard to keep track of all of them. Would also be nice for people needed assistance, they can notice it faster and easier ^_^
arviejhay
We have the same topic. but i lose it

Support!
D33d
I think that Natteke requested this a couple of years ago and it's like the one osu-related thing on which I've agreed with him. Going through emails and bookmarks and clicking around threads can be a real pain for me, so having a drop-down where everything's in one place would be really handy.
Topic Starter
Lanturn
Dropdown menu would be nice to have as well. Something like how Youtube notifications work would even be awesome.

Kurokami

Sey wrote:

Edit: 4 months old? Wow. I'm late.
Another 4 months passed. :P
PatZar
Yes please :3
Natteke

D33d wrote:

I think that Natteke requested this a couple of years ago and it's like the one osu-related thing on which I've agreed with him. Going through emails and bookmarks and clicking around threads can be a real pain for me, so having a drop-down where everything's in one place would be really handy.
t/78574
R3DxFOX
[removed]
p a n t s u
+3 (; v ; ) i need this mann.