forum

osu! map remover

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elevin

Marcin wrote:

Deleting files manually outside of osu! is NOT RECOMMENDED and NOT SUPPORTED.
DELETED!
Genesis Rose
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4c72 ... /analysis/
Detection ratio: 0 / 53

Just because the virus scan is clean does not mean this file can't steal your information or hack your account. Use with caution.

Tip for poster:
Open source this.
Stefan
You may keep them to spectate friends later. :p

And with Maps, you mean whole Sets or only Single difficulties? First option seems more logical then.
Topic Starter
elevin
Posted source for this, you can compile this yourself if you are worried about your information.

Stefan: you delete individual maps. As a osu!standard player myself I had too many taiko, ctb and mania maps in my pc and my friends don't play any of those modes and I won't spectate anyone playing them, I know that .osu files aren't that big, but I still wanted to clean them up. I thought someone might see this useful as well.
sheela
Cool program. I might use it after.
copy-cat
Nice. Was thinking about making a script to do the same then I saw this.. Saved me the trouble.
Topic Starter
elevin
One thing I noticed in osu! is that even when doing a full map refresh it doesn't notice missing difficulties, it deletes them only when you click on them, which is a bug if I would have to guess, I'll fill a bug report.
Marcin
Deleting files manually outside of osu! is NOT RECOMMENDED and NOT SUPPORTED.
peppy
Do not file a bug report and do not remove maps outside of osu!. It will cause very weird behaviour with refreshing and likely cause your client to do full (SLOW) reprocessing when it realises things are no longer in sync.
kirueggy
judging how you mispelled osu!standard as osu!standarT, I have a bad vibe about this
Flanster

kirukashi wrote:

judging how you mispelled osu!standard as osu!standarT, I have a bad vibe about this
I'm pretty sure its just language differences. A lot of european languages spell "standard" as "standart".
leepdesu
I think I'll rather manually delete maps.
casmith789

peppy wrote:

Do not file a bug report and do not remove maps outside of osu!. It will cause very weird behaviour with refreshing and likely cause your client to do full (SLOW) reprocessing when it realises things are no longer in sync.
This can also happen inside osu. It's happened to me.

I've deleted maps and then osu has crashed and not saved the deletion so that the game thinks I have not deleted it. When the full reprocess happens, it does not go through every map and check if they are there, because other maps it hasn't saved aren't removed either. It's very annoying, so if I am going on a mass deletion spree I make sure to always leave osu every 20 or so maps so it saves.