forum

LittleKuriboh - BROOKLYN RAGE~!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EnPassant
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 at 5:31:17 AM

Artist: LittleKuriboh
Title: BROOKLYN RAGE~!
BPM: 118.95
Filesize: 17017kb
Play Time: 04:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. BROOKLYN RAGE~! (4.49 stars, 618 notes)
  2. Egyptian Rage! (4.15 stars, 538 notes)
  3. Nyeh! (2.15 stars, 106 notes)
Download: LittleKuriboh - BROOKLYN RAGE~!
Download: LittleKuriboh - BROOKLYN RAGE~! (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Just a side project =D

BROOKYN RAGE~! is a spoof of "Pokerface" based on Yu-Gi-Oh! The abridged series. I saw it on Youtube a few weeks ago, and I HAD to make it (It's been ready for uploading for 2 weeks, due to old maps being graveyarded. but there's really nothing I could do about it =/.). Please, tell me if you find anything questionable/misplaced/mistimed, so I can get on that.

Sidenote: I was also planning to make a "That game was so broken" difficulty, which would have been just a few steps harder, but I wasn't so sure there'd be a noticable difference due to the fact I use most of the more reasonable spots for beats in the current hardest. So this is unlikely, but for those of you who want to hope, I can always change my mind =D.

Current # of mods: 1
ReploidArmada
The first thing that strikes me is that the beatmap is 16mb. I got warned from a BAT about having a map that size, you may want to try compressing the video somewhat.

[Nyeh!]
00:27:032 (1,2,3) - The seemed to be spaced at different lengths. I saw 1.3x being used in this string and .6/.7x being used in the strings later in the map.
00:42:096 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Same here, you should determine what snap distance you want for a section (or song if the BPM is more uniform) and stick with it.
00:58:009 (6,1) - More of the same here.

Just looking through the first difficulty, it seemed like overall you were uncertain what snap distance you wanted your notes at; You should probably look through the other 2 and check for those kinds of jumps. I do like this map's timing though, it seems rather polished. It shouldn't take too much - at least from my point of view - to get a rank on it.
Topic Starter
EnPassant
Trust me, had I compressed the video any more, it would look TERRIBLE (I tried before, it just ruined it for me =[. ) This is a 3 1/2 minute song, and for a song with that long of a video, 16MB isn't too bad.

The goal is under 20 MB with video and under 10MB without it (I think.) Of course, lower is better, but I tried to go for a good ratio of Video quality/ File size/ Song length.

I was pretty certain that I set up the beats to be relatively the same distance away, I used a few angles here and there but they should all be pretty close. I'll check up on it though.

Thanks for posting =D

Oh, and bye the way, I had distance snap enabled for the majority of the last two difficulties, not the first one. Irony XD
Mok
Mod's Info:
Mine are all suggestions. You're free to follow or not this mod :3
I'll just mod the beats in your map, in all its forms, will not tell you to add or remove the beat <3
Remember to fix spacing after all modfiy :3

[General]
Add a Background.
Add a Source and some tags.
Use 1/4 Snap Divisor and Grid Level 3.
Delete the .osb file, then do a full submission.
BPM: 118,96
Offset: 17997
Remember to resnap all notes :3

I'm going to mod the difficulties with my General's modify.
[Nyeh!]
00:17:996 (2) Extend it by 2/4
00:22:030 (1) ^

[Egyptian Rage!]
It's ok but try to make it more difficult.

[BROOKLYN RAGE~!]
The beginning is to similiar of the one in Egyptian Rage! Make it more difficult.
It's ok but I think you have to make it more difficult.

That's all for your map! Hope you will search me again for other maps x3
YGOkid8
Overall
Spacing is INCONSISTENT D;

Spacing needs to be consistent if you want this to work. You're new to beatmapping, so it's forgivable that you don't know this. Ask a MAT or someone who could explain this to you

I'll give you a star ~ * for encouragement, since I'm a big fan of YGOTAS :D. You better fix this up.

Good luck
Mattoi
I like the song, the map could be better...

General:
  1. BPM 119,000
  2. Offset is good.
  3. Like YGOkid8 said, use distance snapping.
Consider starting over, using that BPM and using the distance snap.

* to keep you up~
Topic Starter
EnPassant
I Kinda forgot about this map, to be honest... Got caught up with It's so simple.

I'll get back on this though. I'll try not to dissapoint, Thanks =D
YGOkid8
you better, but head this:

if this map doesn't get updated over 4 weeks, it gets graveyarded, so be careful
sonicfan20
stars all around. this is awesome! :lol: :)
Esupanitix
This is a good map. I don't see why this isn't ranked, honestly. No spacing issues, no timing issues, nothing. I STAR! this map. :D
Natsuuki_
Very good map 8D but you have to check the timing again on the Egyptian Rage! level
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.